tafsir......on hadith

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
As salaamu Alaikum/kii......do anyone know the correct tafsir on the saying " want for your brother what you want for yourself" ? Inshallah..

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

i think the hadith is quite clear. i think it means that if you wish health, peace, happiness,etc for yourself, wish the same for other muslim brothers and sisters.

may Allah forgive me if i am wrong.

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
mashallah...thats what I thought, howevr my zawj explains to me that it "only" means Jannah, ......n that's becuz wats good for me maynot be good for you....ie...i have a nice car n it's good for me, however, you having a nice car may be a fitnah....allahu alim I jus wanted to read it for myself or if sum1 else had a different understanding.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
mashallah...thats what I thought, howevr my zawj explains to me that it "only" means Jannah, ......n that's becuz wats good for me maynot be good for you....ie...i have a nice car n it's good for me, however, you having a nice car may be a fitnah....allahu alim I jus wanted to read it for myself or if sum1 else had a different understanding.

but i have seen read many scholars quoting this hadith when they speak about things of this world.

maybe a nice car is a fitnah for me but we are talking about general things like faith, health, peace, etc. we all need it.

of course we dont make duas like Ya Allah give toyota camry to every muslim but we make duas like Ya Allah let us all die as muslims, keep us away frm evils and protect us frm calamtities.

Allah knows best

weakslave

That is not the point. As Muslims we learn about sacrifice, sacrificing our time, our health, our wealth, and our duas for fellow Muslims for the sake of Allaah.

Whatever good you wish upon yourself, worldly or otherwise, to wish it up on your fellow Muslims is a sign of Emaan.