Taliban and Polio in Pakistan

Hey everyone, I have a question about this whole Taliban/terrorism issue.

How on earth does anyone know what they do or say or their motives/purpose behind their actions?
I mean a normal interview doesn't seem plausible, since the interviewer might easily be killed/expose their location.
And an interview by taliban supporters doesn't seem plausible either, because all the news about them is horrific, that wouldn't make sense.

So how on earth does anyone know what their intentions/plans? Most of all, how do we laymen know what's really going on there? This confusion is the reason I have stopped reading news, I don't know what is true and what is not. But sometimes I can't help but feel really irritated with some news.

For instance, take the article posted above, personally it seems really unreal, how on earth would anyone ban vaccination due to fears of being some sterilization. That's paranoia at its worst.

Personally I think this story is either a complete lie, or it's true but the details are being skewed for political issue (ex, they really banned vaccination, but because of something reasonable not some silly paranoia.)

I want your insights on the issue, let's forget about which sides we are on, let's examine the whole issue from rational point of view.
Do you guys think this is accurate? How do you know that? Do you think it's possible that a people would ban important medication for paranoia of being sterilized?

I am looking forward to your replies because I am seriously confused in this whole area.

Precious Star

this article was posted on a reputable Islamic website, so I think we should give our muslim brethren the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, the Taliban has acknowledged various acts of violence. They don't stay tight-lipped. This is not a "secret society" brother. They are a political group that uses violence. They don't deny that -- why do you?

Does Taliban have like a website or channel? I am not denying anything, I just don't know whether the claims come from them. I am not saying they are not violent and they are very peaceful and adorable.
I know they do horrible things.

But seriously banning vaccine? On what grounds exactly, on the grounds that they found something suspicious in the vaccine, that yes I can believe, but banning vaccine just because??? Seriously? Is it only me who thinks that's too much? Because even a violent group has a purpose behind their violence; get power/money/contol. What's the point of banning vaccine? What's the point of shooting a school girl? Blowing a hospital? That doesn't sound like a violent political party, it sounds like a psychopathic group.

All I am asking is how do we know for sure what's going on? There is no benefit of doubt when it comes to news(esp. news channel, be they muslim channels or non, because news have great impact on shaping our minds), something that even Allah(swt) hates is passing on news without verifying.

I asked the question not because I wanted to start a debate on who is the bad guy. I am just a simple guy, who is not into politics at all for that very simple reason of not knowing what's going on.

Taliban is a horrible group, but how much of what is attributed to them is actually from them? (this question is what i am trying to get at).

For example there are muslim channels praising taliban and some defaming them. There are muslim channels that praise American foreign policy and some defame them. How do you go about that? They are all "muslim channels".