Talking after engagement?

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
:bismillah:
:salam2:,sister and brother let me know is it is halal to talk after engagement:confused: reply with the proof of QURAN and sunnah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Al-Khitbah (Engagement)

Islam recommends that a man see and talk to the woman he wants to marry, but in the presence of her Mahrams. The Prophet (s.a.w.) told his companion Al-Mughirah Ibn Shu`bah to see the woman he wanted to marry, so that they may develop feelings toward each other.

However, engagement to a woman does not give a man permission to do more than see her and talk to her in a safe Islamic environment; the laws of decency in Islam must be strictly followed. Current practices in which a man is alone with the woman he wants to marry or touches her are against Islam. They are a result of not understanding Islam, and mixing Islam with foreign traditions. The man and the woman should know that they are not allowed at all to do such things before the marriage covenant is signed.
A Muslim man may not propose to an engaged woman before her first fiance withdraws or gives him permission.

The Prophet (s.a.w.) said: A man must not propose to his brother's fiancee unless he withdraws or gives him permission. (Al-Bukhari).

A Muslim man may not ask a woman who is already married to another man to divorce that man and marry him. The marriage contract may not be concluded when the woman is in her `Iddah (the period that follows divorce). The length of `Iddah is three menstruation periods, three months if the woman does not have a period, until the woman gives birth if she is pregnant, or four months and ten days if she is a widow, unless she is pregnant, in which case it will be until she gives birth. In the case of Al-Khul`, it is one menstruation period (or one month) to make sure that she is not pregnant. There is no `Iddah if the man marries a woman and then divorces her before having an intercourse with her.

MJHAINI

ASSALAMUALAIKUM...i am agree with what you have said.nowadays ,many young people influenced by west culture.I think parents today must pay a lot of attention to their children.it is very important in order to create islamic intellectual generation.