Talking after Namaz

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2: Can someone tell me what happens if you talk after namaz. I mean if someone is praying and then a group people are talking loudly, loud enough that you can hear what they are saying, i'm asking this because some people in our musallah talk none stop after namaaz. Some times when I'm praying it really gets on my nerves, I cannot read properly because of the huge disturbance. This not only applies to me but other people who are praying also. Inshallah someone will answer, maybe with a hadith so that I can post it in our musallah.

:salam2:

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
soorry i can help because even though as a revert i have quite a bit of knowledge not enough to help you here.
but... maybe you could ask the people to stop talking, or get the imaan to ask them to not talk loudly and have considrence as others are still praying.
inshallah you find your answer brother
sister yvette

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2: Can someone tell me what happens if you talk after namaz. I mean if someone is praying and then a group people are talking loudly, loud enough that you can hear what they are saying, i'm asking this because some people in our musallah talk none stop after namaaz. Some times when I'm praying it really gets on my nerves, I cannot read properly because of the huge disturbance. This not only applies to me but other people who are praying also. Inshallah someone will answer, maybe with a hadith so that I can post it in our musallah.

it's always bad when people are loud in the masjid. usually from my experience if people are talking in the masjid, it's usually in the back and it's usually whispers. but to have loud conversations in the masjid when people are performing salah can be disturbing. i'm not going to say that talking loudly is haram, because i don't really know. your question has inspired me to go into the hadith and check on it. generally if i know something is halal or haram and i know of it, i will say, but i really don't know how the Prophet :saw: would've responded. this is important because i maybe would have said that there is nothing wrong with talking loudly, yet the sunnah could have been that people speak in a low tone. i'm sure someone will have an answer for you insha'allah.
:wasalam:

helpinghumanity

:wasalam: Indeed this is exactly the same problem i some time face in MSO (not a masjid though) while praying.

I dont know any hadith however i can do you suggestion. When ever you encounter such situation try to offer salat a little louder. Not too loud though, in such a way that only you can hear not others. In that way you will be able to focus during salat.