tattoos and body modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianek

hi everyone,
i will respond properly later, but I am on my way to work at the moment....

i dont trust the hadiths...there is enough in the Quran, to last a lifetime, without confusing myself with stories of the prophet, peace be upon him, that could have been misinterpreted
by people of the past....alot of the hadith make the phrophet out to be a pedophile among other things, and I cant support that.....im sorry...
why God would want me to wipe my behind with an odd number of pebbles is beyond my logical brains comprehension....in the quran i have been asked to not take on anything without looking at it first.....

i'll explain more later....i'll reply tonight when i get home....

Salam....

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO THINKS LIKE ME!!!!!! YEY!!!!!! YIPPIEEEEEE!!!! Voice of logic! Thank you thank you thank you!

I too am of the opinion that the Hadiths are not important to faith...God said that he perfected our religion of Islam with the Qu'ran....which means the other stuff doesn't really matter and there are too many interpretations of hadiths.....and for those who say then how do you know how to pray if not for hadiths............................the Bible gave many examples of how to prostrate to God in prayer........

Salaam sister Boomerang & Diane,

The Prophet (saw) said to follow the Quran & Sunnah and we will never go astray. The imams that gathered the hadiths dedicated their whole life to Islam and now we (with small amount of knowledge) think that they recordings are not authentic? The Prophet (saw) was "a walking Quran" and he gave us instruction on how to perform our prayers, give charity, how to engage in war, etc.

Please read:

Authenticity of Hadiths

May Allah guide us on the righteous path and not of those who went astray.

Salem9022

hi everyone,
i will respond properly later, but I am on my way to work at the moment....

i dont trust the hadiths...there is enough in the Quran, to last a lifetime, without confusing myself with stories of the prophet, peace be upon him, that could have been misinterpreted
by people of the past....alot of the hadith make the phrophet out to be a pedophile among other things, and I cant support that.....im sorry...
why God would want me to wipe my behind with an odd number of pebbles is beyond my logical brains comprehension....in the quran i have been asked to not take on anything without looking at it first.....

i'll explain more later....i'll reply tonight when i get home....

Salam....

?????Sister, One can not be a Muslim if they don't believe in Hadiths.

The Sunnah and the Qur'an go Hand in Hand. If you deny One You deny All of Islam. The Qur'an doesn't talk about everything, it tells you to do things But the Way to do it is Explained to in the Hadiths(The Sunnah). There is noting in the Hadith Which contradicts that from the Qur'an. If you can Find us one then Please Go Ahead.

Also I already bought you the verse from the Qur'an where it says It's forbidden:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They (all those who worship others than Allaah) invoke nothing but female deities besides Him (Allaah), and they invoke nothing but Shaytaan (Satan), a persistent rebel! Allaah cursed him. And he [Shaytaan (Satan)] said: ‘I will take an appointed portion of your slaves. Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah. And whoever takes Shaytaan (Satan) as a Wali (protector or helper) instead of Allaah, has surely, suffered a manifest loss”[al-Nisa’ 4:117-119]

The relevant point in this verse is that Iblees will tell people to change the creation of Allaah. Some of the mufassireen interpreted it by saying that what is meant here in this verse is tattooing, plucking the eyebrows and filing the teeth, as we shall see below.

Al-Qurtubi said in his commentary on this verse: A group said what was meant by changing the creation of Allaah was tattooing and other things that are done for the purpose of beautification. This was stated by Ibn Mas’ood and al-Hasan.

Boomerang

:salam2:

So, to sum it up:
  1. Some hadith are illogical.
  2. Quran has scientific miracles, Hadith doesn't.
  3. Contradiction: Quran says Islam should be easy, Hadith says Islam should be difficult.
  4. Quran never mentioned that muslims should follow the teachings of other "mere men."
  5. The muslim scholars in history are not trustworthy.
Is that it? Because I will only respond once and I don't want to miss anything. It's just a habit that I hate conflicts or anything that leads to them, specially with a brother/sister :) We're one family after all.
Alright, I'll post it somewhere else :rolleyes: Just confirm the points :D

P.S.: I promise, it will be a different kind of response.

First 4 points are correct.....point 3, i wouldnt say exactly that the hadiths say islam should be difficult, but i do think having to refer to them for every little thing, does make it kind of difficult....
Point 5.....the scholars could perhaps be very trustworthy, but i feel kind of stupid taking on what they say without knowing that for sure.....blind faith in normal men seems absurd.....like any of us are perfect!!

Thanks for your reply

Boomerang

Besm Allah,
Dear sister Boomerang,
I pray Allah that you are in a good health and evry thing is OK with you.

Well, this is a very intersting point of view but humbly I can say it is not correct and I'll give you logical proofs.

First of all, let me clarify a very important point. The term hadith should not be taken literally. Indeed, hadith refers to the the whole religious practice that the prophet (PBUH) have done and were not mentioned in Quran.

Now, a very simple but important exemple is the PRAYER. Did you know that Quran doesn't mention in an explicit way how the prayer should be done ? Did you know that Quran doesn't mention explicitly how the Hajj should be done ? and so on and son on ....

Because of that, the prophet (PBUH) has been ordred to explain to us our daily practice of the religion. That is prayer, fasting, hajj, etc.

Hence each one of us is directly or indirectly following The great sunnah of our prophet(PBUH). This sunnah was transmitted to the companions via HADITHS.

Now, because at the time of the prophet (PBUH) the conventional way to preserve the knowldge was to memorize it (this was the practice to preserve the early arabic poetry) the companions and the followers have memorized a lot of that hadiths but over time people became septic toward some hadiths. As result many well knowen scholars tried to gather all the hadiths and to attribute to each hadith some kind of "rating" or "note" according to their authenticity.

As result there is a cohort set of hadiths called "aggred upon" which are authentic and there is no doubt about their veracity. These hadith constitue the source of the religion after Quran.

Some other hadiths with different "notes" or "scores" that we don't know for sure if or not they are authentic and hence can be neglected (those with the poorest notes).

Hope this help.

Wassalam.

salam,

im afraid the Quran does tell us how to pray.....i will be back with more....

Boomerang

humblewun and salem,
thankyou for your replies and concern for my faith....i am not easily budged on my views...im sorry, but with the more i read, the more i contemplate God's word, the more I am convinced the Hadiths will not become part of my life....

Dianek....you are not alone sister....people like you and me need to stick together.....I really believe God gave us the faculty of reason, for a purpose......Peace be upon you

Salem9022

humblewun and salem,
thankyou for your replies and concern for my faith....i am not easily budged on my views...im sorry, but with the more i read, the more i contemplate God's word, the more I am convinced the Hadiths will not become part of my life....

Dianek....you are not alone sister....people like you and me need to stick together.....I really believe God gave us the faculty of reason, for a purpose......Peace be upon you

Please show me where in the Qur'an It says "Peace be Upon You" or As-Salaam 3laikum Wa Ra7matullahi Wa Barakatu to other people? Please I would Like to Understand where it says you should give Greetings like this to Muslims?

Boomerang

Please show me where in the Qur'an It says "Peace be Upon You" or As-Salaam 3laikum Wa Ra7matullahi Wa Barakatu to other people? Please I would Like to Understand where it says you should give Greetings like this to Muslims?

you'll have to give me some time to look....im not sure it does say that you must greet each other like this....

Salaam sister Boomerang,

"The messenger of GOD has set up a good example for those among you who seek GOD and the Last Day, and constantly think about GOD" (33:21)

I hope that is enough evidence to convince you to follow the Sunnah.

Could you please show me a hadith (saying of the Prophet saw) that is not in accordance with the Quran? If the Quran and Sunnah agree then why are you refuting against the Sunnah?

Boomerang

Salaam sister Boomerang,

"The messenger of GOD has set up a good example for those among you who seek GOD and the Last Day, and constantly think about GOD" (33:21)

I hope that is enough evidence to convince you to follow the Sunnah.

Could you please show me a hadith (saying of the Prophet saw) that is not in accordance with the Quran? If the Quran and Sunnah agree then why are you refuting against the Sunnah?

I dont think you understand...the Prophet could have given a good example....but i never saw him.....did you?....no is my guess.....

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Dear sister,
I'm not trying to tell you what to do or on what you must beleive.
Each soul will stend alone in front of Allah in the day of Judgment, then each one here must fully take his/her responsability.

Dear sister,
You've said that you want to believe only and solely on Quran. It is OK but you have to believe on this too

20ubju0.jpg

Sourat Al-Hashr, verse 7.

Wassalam.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO THINKS LIKE ME!!!!!! YEY!!!!!! YIPPIEEEEEE!!!! Voice of logic! Thank you thank you thank you!

I too am of the opinion that the Hadiths are not important to faith...God said that he perfected our religion of Islam with the Qu'ran....which means the other stuff doesn't really matter and there are too many interpretations of hadiths.....and for those who say then how do you know how to pray if not for hadiths............................the Bible gave many examples of how to prostrate to God in prayer........

As-salaamu `alaykum sisters.

Firstly, that is no way the voice of "logic". Anyone who has actually studied logic will be able to tell you that, however I noticed that it is common for people to claim that what they find to be correct to be logical, though more than often this isn't the case at all! For some people it's turned into a statement of self-praise.

Secondly, we cannot understand the Qur'aan by itself, especially if we don't understand the `Arabic behind it. The religion is perfect as you said, but nothing in the verse ("This Day I have perfected your religion, completed my favour upon you and chose for you Islaam as your religion" 5:3) indicates a limitation to the Qur'aan in that regard. Rather we are told that the religion is complete. Hence the only logical conclusion that can be deduced from the verse is the completion of the religion! So to claim that the religion is complete and that its restriced to Qur'aan is baseless. Absolutely baseless in fact. Hence, the clause you made in that regard contradicts logic (due to the lack of the premises).

Thirdly, if you read the Qur'aan, you will find MANY verses commanding obedience/following the Messenger, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam (including 4:65, 3:31, 7:3, 33:36). Now using logic in its correct context, tell me how that can be achieved when we barely hear Muhammad's name in the Qur'aan, nor do we find any of his commands to obey, none of his statements etc. So how then can the people yield to that obedience/following!?!?! It would be impossible without another additional source due to the aforementioned characteristics that we know to be true in the Qur'aan. Taking the matter further, what you're claiming is that their is no source, hence the Qur'aan would be "illogical" (since it implies something which in your view is false, hence illogical!)... This would mean that Allaah has commanded us to yield to something not present!? Further yet, this would mean that the Qur'aan is imperfect according to such a view, and though I'm sure you don't believe that, the flawed logic behind your claims lead to nothing but that. Don't beleive me? Use predicate logic yourself and the conclusions will be clear as glass inshaa' Allaah.

Fourthly, Allaah said in Surah Aale `Imraan, the 30th verse (or 31st), "Say: If you love Allaah, then follow me. Allaah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allaah is all-forgiving, the merciful" Logic and common sense both tell us from this verse, that one cannot attain the love and forgiveness of Allaah until he follows the Messenger, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. If there were no such sources to follow him by, then we are according to logic, forever nullified of that love of Allaah until they exist!? Further yet, the only people then again according to logic, who would have earned the love of Allaah would be the companions!? And we all know that Allaah isn't unjust and these souces do exist, so how do we achieve this following? The Qur'aan by itself? No since the futility of that claim is plain and clear, according to logic (as I explained above). So again as I asked earlier, what are these sources by which we can obtain Allaah's love? You mentioned the bible as a source since it teaches us how to prostrate (ie for prayer, details of worship)...

Fifthly, by using the bible as a guide for these matters then there exists yet another contradiction in your claim. Their are trillions of biblical texts, all differing with one another so what copy do you use? None of them, Allaah prohibited us from that anyway, nor has He directed us to them. Secondly, the inauthenticity of every bible in existance today renders them totally unacceptable for anything authoritive (or authentic), accept for what it agrees with in the Qur'aan. Not only that, you mentioned different interpretations of ahaadeeth, when in fact there are trillions more interpretations of the bible! So you choose that which is worse in exchange for something thousands of times better and more authentic!? Forget logic, that is not even rational. In addition, the Bible doesn't contain information on the way of Muhammad, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, so its usage would be void, since as you know by now we were commanded to follow him, his way, his decisions etc, and the Bible, all of them together do not contribute to that.

Moving on now, the basis on which you are rejecting ahaadeeth, you may as well reject the whole history of mankind, since it was recorded LESS carefully than the Prophet's Sunnah! If you took a glimpse into the science of hadeeth, you would realise that there aren't so many interpretations as you claim....

I could go on more about the science of ahaadeeth, and will do inshaa' Allaah, but some of the users are doing that already. I could go on about logic and prove more than I have but I don't think there is a need for that. Even then, logic is NOT a source of Islamic legislation. Nor is it correct in every sense of the word. Rather it is used to verify arguements (whether claims, maths etc). So to claim that one is logical, they first have to have knowledge of its rules, as it is a science like any other science! And we have seen clearly, that the statements being passed under the banner of logic are in fact absent of the characteristics needed to be called as such.

Shaykh Ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, more than likely the greatest Muslim scholar of his time (the 1300s roughly), studied logic and wrote a book refuting it, showing how much garbage there is within especially in terms of Islaam, and how logic isn't a source of Islamic knowledge. His book was alhamdulillaah, translated and published by Oxford university Press and to this day is still dubbed as one of the biggest blows to Greek Logic....

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Really when I read such threads it makes me so sad. It's like Subhan'Allah what is the state of our Ummah! It makes me think how can one be Muslim without Hadith? As it is an impossibilty to take one and leave the other!

Originally I was going to dissect this with each issue, but due to time I can not do that. So my only desire here is to convey what is correct, and I hope that those who read will bear in mind with an open mind.

Bismillah....

First thing we must realize is that the Prophet :saw: never spoke of his own desires. Just as the Qur'aan was wahey from Allah, so were the Hadith a type of inspiration except that they were from the wording of the Prophet :saw:, but in all affairs he was guided by Allah.

In the Qur'aan after "Allah the Most High informed us about the Messenger of Allah :saw:, after swearing by the setting of the stars and the revelation of the Qur'aan and the manner of its revelation, that he :saw: does not speak of his own desire, saying:

وَمَا يَنطِقُ عَنِ ٱلۡهَوَىٰٓ

"Nor does he speak of (his own) desire." (surah najm: 3)

- Thus declaring him innocent of following whims"
[taken from Virtues of the Prophet :saw: Revealed in the Qur'an]

Therefore, that first barrier is down that he :saw: would say anything not in accordance to the Qur'aan because Allah Himself has garunteed it!

Secondly, it does not come to me how people can claim the Qur'aan is correct if they deny ahadith. They came from the same same mouth, were narrated by the same companions, and were both verified to many degrees. If there does occur a mistake then it has been proven, and the scholars have gone to many lengths in this. And futhermore, to question, if they believe that the Qur'aan is the word of Allah - it came from the Prophet :saw: ... but Allah chose the Prophet as a person who was so ignorant of Islaam that he would say something contradictory?! Astagfirullah - what kind of Messenger would that be?

In common place, think would you send a physics book to a first grader and tell them - tell this to the people! No? Why? Because the child is ignorant of the topic, so how would they convey it? They dont understand it, they dont understand the implications, they dont understand what energy, force, mass etc mean, much rather tell people how they work even when conveying. This is clear ignorance to do such a thing. A person would give the book to convey to someone who understood it and could give it correctly.

And if this is a humane trait then what of the Most High? What of Allah subhanawa 'tala, do we expect He would do any less and send a messenger ignorant of his message? Who could not guide the people by a practical example?

What is Sunnah?

The dictionary meaning can mean "way" or "path" whether good or bad, and in Islaamic Law, Sunnah means "The way of Allah's Messenger :saw:"

If you look under this you'll see that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "Whoever turns away from my Sunnah does not belong to me" [Bukhari]

If we do not belong to the Prophet sallahu 'alayhi wa sallam and what he brought, what do we belong to?

Ibn Abbass radiallahu anhu was in a funeral prayer and he recited the opening of the Qur'aan in the prayer and said, "I have recited this chapter for you to know this was the Sunnah" [Bukhari]

This shows us that the Sahabah knew the importance of the Hadith/Sunnah as well, and of course they would, if they had not then large large chunks of the religion would be missing. Not everything is completely defined in the Qur'aan, and we need the Hadith to understand them.

Say where do you learn to perform the prayer as you should? The Qur'aan says to establish the prayer and is undetailed as to how. Without a Messenger how would you do this? How would you derive Fiqh rulings as how the Sunnah of fajr can be prayed after the fard... or would one not perform Sunnah at all and lose much of that reward?

And the Qur'aan even mandates the following of Sunnah! So not following it is not following the Qur'aan in reality.

From the book Ittebaa' as-Sunnah (I really should post this here it seems, subhan'Allah)

Chapter 3
Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ
in the Light of the Holy Qur'an​

Precept 8: Obedience of the commands of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ is obligatory in the matter of Deen

O you who have believed! Obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn from him while you hear [his order] [8: 20]

And establish prayer and give zakah and obey the Messenger that you may receive mercy. [24: 56]

He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah; but those who turn away-We have not sent you over them as a guardian. [4:80]

And We did not send any messenger except to be obeyed by permission of Allah. [4:64]

Obey Allah and the Messenger that you may obtain mercy. [3:132]

O you, who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the
Last Day. That is the best [way] and the best in result.
[4:59]

But no, by your Lord, they can have no (real) faith, until they make you [O Muhammad], judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against your decisions, but accept them with
the fullest conviction
[4: 65]

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and do not invalidate your deeds. [47:33]

and whatsoever the messenger gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it), and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is severe in punishment.[59: 7]

Precept 9: Obedience of the Messenger of Allah ﷺ and following him ensures success

And whosoever obeys Allâh and his Messenger (ﷺ), fears Allâh, and keeps his duty (to him), such are the successful ones. [24: 52]

The only statement of the [true] believers when they are called to Allah and His Messenger to judge between them is that they say, “We hear and we obey.” And those arethe Successful. [24: 51]

And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly attained a great attainment. [33:71]

Those who obey Allah and His Messenger will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide therein (for ever) and that will be the Supreme achievement.[4:13]

Precept 10: Deeds performed according to the commands of Allah and His messenger ﷺ will receive full reward.

…..And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not belittle aught of your deeds: for Allah is Oft- forgiving, Most Merciful." [49:14]

Precept 11: Forgiveness of sins is conditional to obedience of the Messenger of Allah and following him

Say, [O Muhammad], “If you love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” [3:31]

Precept 12: Obedience of Allah and His messenger will elevate one to share the ranks of those whom Allah (s.w.t.) favoured.

And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger-those will be with the ones upon whom Allah has bestowed favor, of the Prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions. [4:69]

Precept 13: Active disobedience of Allah & His Messenger invalidates the verbal claim of Imaan.

But they [i.e. the hypocrites] say, “We have believed in Allah and in the Messenger, and we obey; then a party of them turns away after that. And those are not believers. And when they are called to [the words of ] Allah and His Messenger to judge between them, at once a party of them turns aside [in refusal] [24:47-48]

And when it is said to them, “Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger,” you see the hypocrites turning away from you in aversion. [4:61]

Say, “Obey Allah and the Messenger.” But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers. [3:32]

Precept 14: The results of not obeying Allah (s.w.t.) and His Messenger are confusion, disputes and enmity

And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart; and be patient. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. [8:46]

Precept 15: When Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, the believers have no other choice but to obey

Precept 16: Disobedience of Allah (s.w.t.) and His Messenger means going astray

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error” [33:36]

Precept 17: The Messenger’s duty was only to proclaim/ convey the message clearly and openly

And Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): And if you do turn back, know you that it is Our Messenger’s duty to proclaim (the message) In the clearest manner. [5:92]

And obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if you turn away, the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey the message) clearly. [64:12]

Say, “Obey Allah and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away-then upon him is only that [duty] with which he is charged and upon you is that with which you have been charged. And if you obey him, you will be [rightly] guided. And there is not upon the Messenger except to convey the message in a clear way [24: 54]

Precept 18: Obedience of Allah [S.W.T] and His Messenger leads to Jannah, while the disobedience of Allah and His Messenger leads to a disgraceful punishment.

And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger-He will admit him to gardens beneath which rivers flow;but whoever turns away-He will punish him with a painful punishment.[48:17]

Precept 19: Avoidance of the commands of Allah and His Messenger under some pretext is liable to grievous penalty.

“Do not make [your] calling of the Messenger among yourselves as the call of one of you to another. Already Allah knows those of you who slip away, concealed by others. So let those beware who dissent from his [i.e the Prophet’s] order, lest fitnah strike them or a painful punishment.”[24:63]

We see in each of these ayat how the Prophet sallahu 'alayhi wa sallam is so closely linked with Allah! In the verses "Obey Allah and Obey the Prophet" ... why so much importance? Why so much emphasis? Because without the Sunnah one could not impliment Islaam as it was meant to, without the Prophet :saw: guidance, and his ahadeeth, we could not be Muslims today. A person doesnt learn how to drive just from reading a manual, a person cant be a cook by just reading a cookbook, so why do we assume that Allah would just send down a book and not give a guide? A practical example?

Why do we disregard all these ayat in which it's clear that we are ordered to obey? We are ordered to cling to the Qur'aan and Sunnah, this is our salvation, this is how we can gain paradise, as the Prophet :saw: said, "Whoever obeyed me [shall] enter Paradise and whoever disobeyed me has surely denied me" [Bukhari]

One may say that there is enough Qur'aan to last forever - but how will you understand the Qur'aan? You know, the Qur'aan is only in Arabic, translations are just translations, so will we go to the scholars? And no righteous scholar will judge the Qur'aan except by hadith, because otherwise it is a sheer impossibility. The Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "Honesty decended down from the Heavens and entered the hearts of people (it is the nature of iman), and the Qur'an has also been revealed from the Heavens and the people have read it and understood it by means of teh Sunnah." [bukhari]

And this is evident in many places, as the famous example goes when the ayah in the Qur'aan came that those who believe and dont mix thier beliefs with thulm/injustice (Surah al-an'am : 82) and the Muslims were distressed and went to the Messenger of Allah :saw: and asked him "Oh Messenger of Allah :saw:, who is there among us who has not commited any sin?" which then lead to him :saw: clarifying that it was referred to here as not sin, but Shirk. [Tirmidhi (not exact words)]

This also occured with fiqh rulings in which the Qur'aan said one thing and the ahadeeth specified it.

.... and also .... Where is the love then my brothers and sisters in Islaam? Do we know how much the Messenger of Allah sallahu 'alayhi wa sallam went through to bring us this Qur'aan which we take so easily? Do we realize the hardships he went through, do we LOVE him as we should! Wake up if you dont realize! Read a Seerah book! The Qur'aan which we have in front of us, didnt just come down in book form, it took 23 years in which the Prophet sallahu 'alayhi wa sallam was given it, during which he guided the people, aided the nation, recitified it's ills, gave knowledge to the ignorant, strength to the weak, equality to the races, a strong love that was undefeatable, and an Ummah one was proud of.

Where is that Ummah today? Today we seem so ignorant of our own issues, especially such as these which are the most dear and important. Where can we find characters like Abdullah ibn Umar Radiallahu 'anhu who followed the Prophet :saw: so much, in religious aspects and simply out of his love?

We complain that our Ummah is weak, and it will continue to be as long as we dont strive to promote the Sunnah, when we dont feel bad when it is being put down, when we dont try to teach the correct and spread it.

The Sunnah is not just stories, the Sunnah is guidance. If one falls pray to the false accusations of the disbelievers, then I encourage one to read more on our prophet :saw: to learn more of his life, and what his sunnah really is in a vibrant form, then such things should be dispelled insha'Allah. Because the enemies of Islaam will always say things, as when the Makkans said that the Qur'aan was just mixed up dreams, imaginations of the Messenger of Allah :saw:, while another group said that he fabricated it, then yet another said he was a poet. These onslaughts will always be there, and our purpose is to look beyond that.

And also, logic... THAT has been the cause of countless deviations within the religion. People may think that we know much, but in reality we do not. The message was sent to the Messenger, whom Allah says in the Qur'aan that He picked; this messenger knew the way of the Qur'aan best, and compared to that, our logic is nothing. The Companions of the Prophet used to obey without even understanding the action, because they knew that the Messenger could not bring evil, as it would contradict the Qur'aan and they loved to follow him.

And I think logic is silly, and it leads oneself to think that one knows best, therefore obviously their logic would be most sound! Which is inncorrect in due fact. If one were to say things on Logic, one might have to deny much of Faith - because there's not much logic to a LOT of things!

And religion is not meant to be hard? Meaning a believer has ease in ALL he does?

Then why does Allah tell the believers to pray at night? This for sure is not ease...

"Perform the prayer from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. the Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib, and 'Isha' prayers), and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e. the morning prayer). Verily, the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of humankind of the day and the night). And in some parts of the night (also) offer the prayer with it (i.e. recite the Quran in the prayer), as an additional (night) prayer for you (O Muhammad). It may be that your Lord will raise you to a station of praise and glory (in Paradise!)." [17:78-79]

Why does He say He will test the believers if religion is so easy?

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested." [29:2]

Why will we lose things?

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.)." [2:155]

IF somethings aren't hard, if somethings dont require Jihaad on our part, then what is the point of having a belief and a conviction in our religion? Sacrifice is needed, hardships are expected. Think on the story of the Prohet of Allah - Ayyub alayhis salaam - if we humans are not meant for hardship, why would have Allah put him through so much?

The religion is not hard for those who beleive true, but that does not mean it is also lax in its requirements. Islaam is a way of life.

And as for the comment of not trusting the men who observed the Qur'aan, and there being no mention to trust in them...

"O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins.'' (49:12)

Yet are we not told to avoid suspicions? And beware, those you suspect are the companions of the Prophet, and dishonoring them is against the religion.

Also the same men who observed the Sunnah, were also the ones who observed the Qur'aan, so what gives leverage? Blind faith may be wrong (in anyone but the Prophet :saw:) ... but so is ignoring knowledge when it's there in front of you and you yourself dont know it!

I spent a lot of time on this, time I really did need for other things, but alhamdulilah ala kulli haal, I felt i had to write, even though Allah knows best how much it made sense.

:jazaak: for reading, May Allah forgive us for all our mistakes and place the Qur'aan and Sunnah foremost in our hearts!

Please read: Following/Believing the Hadith

Links from there:

Summary and Refutation of Hadith Rejectors claims

What Are the Quran And Sunnah? Why Do Muslims Have To Follow This?

Important: The Science of Hadith, What Are Hadith?

Former threads:

Question regarding Hadith

Following Hadith question

wasalam

dianek

humblewun and salem,

Boomerang....we've done it now...I have issues with hadiths. Yes they may be accounts of his life, a history, if you will. But then why are there WEAK hadiths, why does one person reach for explanations in them that another does not interpret? Do we really live our lives as though there are no modern conviences such as toilet paper or toothbrushes.....I mean come on! Or I read here the story of Muhommad pardoning a man after he killed his pregnant wife for slandering the prophet. YES I have issues with that. If you live as the qu'ran tells you to live and read the stories of Muhammad and Jesus then you will "see" how to be the best you can be in God's eyes.......But to me, I don't see the hadiths as a way to live every aspect of my life. And so I guess you may say I am not muslim...so okay then! I have abandoned labels.......I believe in God and the prophets (all of them).......but I am not basing my life on multiple people's accounts of Muhammad's life.......I mean isn't that where you all find fault with the Bible.....that they are just STORIES......

And doesn't Salem aleykum mean Peace be Upon you???????? Why does one HAVE to say it in Arabic......for some of us that just isn't natural.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Salam aleikum

We can't make Islam the way we want it to be ,adding this and that from our own point of view.

Islam is total submission to God. Obeying God and His final Messanger...

Islam is not just about our own views and opinions ...

O you who have believed! Obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn from him while you hear [his order] [8: 20]

Say, “Obey Allah and the Messenger.” But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers. [3:32]

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested." [29:2]

I advice to read carefully all the comments that brothers and sisters posted.
I don't think we need further discussion on this subject as the answer is clear .

thread is closed

waaleikum salam

Status
Not open for further replies.