Temporary Marriages Mutah'

msrebgui

:salam2: all

I've always thought and heard temporary marriages are not allowed in Islam and are mainly a *!*!*!*!e practice until I befriended another sister whos husband is going around marrying non-muslim women temporarily and not taking care of them(dating them and having sexual relations with them). I told the sister that I don't think its halal but would find out if I am correct or not with daleel. Are temporary marriages allowed? JakakAllahu Khairan in advance.

Shannon

muharram23

Staff member

I've always thought and heard temporary marriages are not allowed in Islam and are mainly a *!*!*!*!e practice until I befriended another sister whos husband is going around marrying non-muslim women temporarily and not taking care of them(dating them and having sexual relations with them). I told the sister that I don't think its halal but would find out if I am correct or not with daleel. Are temporary marriages allowed? JakakAllahu Khairan in advance.

Shannon

Salamu alaykum

in islam temporary marriage (mu'tah) is forbidden and haram. Your friend is probably a shiah and not sunni. The shiah believe that it is permissible to have a temporary marriage and that is why they do it. They have the idology that u can marry a women for an hour, a day, a week etc. In islam, your intention is not to marry a woman temporarily and for the sake of desire, and then leave her. But instead, the intention should be to marry her because of love, careness, someone who will bare children, and someone who will help you in worshipping Allah sv.a. I wonder if you ask that man if it would be ok for someone to do that to his mother, or his sister, or even his wife. I wonder what he would say then. Resullullah svs (prophet Muhammad s.va) actually forbad his Ummah (his followers) temporary marriages. Here, below i have some info you can read further about it. Wasalam

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27120&page=4
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1373&ln=eng&txt=temporary marriage
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=2377&ln=eng&txt=temporary marriage

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Temporary marriages are HARAM, absolutely forbidden. I'm sure I dont need to post any Islamic evidence, just using our logic is enough for evidence. It's important to note that mutah marriages were around at the time of the Prophet asw but then the Prophet asw forbid it as ordained by Allah sw, but shia's kept the barbaric act claiming the Prophet asw never forbid it, it was Umar ra who forbid it. Allah sw knows best.

...Muharram23 stole the words right out of my mouth, I agree with him/her 100%.

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
:salam2:
sis your absolutely right...temporally marriage is forbidden in Islam...it has no base and the people who do it either they are ignore or have no fear of Allah and they try to attribute these evil actions to Islam..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Shannon

:salam2:

what this man does is dispicable, disgusting and haram. Temporary Marriage is not accepted in Islam. Such relationship is same as fornication.

- Secondly, Islam sees Marriage as a very important thing, something which should not be abused. Temporary marriage is basically legalised prostitution, this is what un"Islamic" regimes like Iran do.

Some men, they call Temporary marriage (Mutah) using various names, like misyaar or secret marriage. Unfortunately something that is increasing in Arab Gulf countries, even amongst ignorant Sunni. This is all haram.

Marriage is an open agreement between men and women. It is public not hidden. - Also, women must get married with consent of a mahram (male guardian, such as father, brother or a trustworthy Imam.) It is important that family is involved. The Prophet :saw: said there is no marriage without mahram for the girl. -

This saves women from getting into marriages with evil, lying becursed men, like your friend's husband!! He is married, yet dating women!! Astaghfirullah. He is committing Zina.

Please see:

Clear Evidences Against Shia Forbidden Practise of Temporary Marriage

Shia Evil:Temporary Marriage> A Plea from A Muslim Sister

And final thing is that nobody should rush into any marriage, always speak to a good Imam who follows Quran and Sunnah and is trusted in community. People must get married in a way that is in accordance to the original ISlamic teachings. Especially those new to Islam or just starting out practising, learn as much about Islam as you can.. i.e. about TAwheed, Aqeedah, how to pray and increase your Iman. Dont just rely on any "boyfriend / fiance!" who may have sparked your interest in islam, nine times out of ten, they are not proper Muslims. A proper Muslim would not have a girlfriend or date!

wasalam.