"The Arabs betrayed the Somalis" - What does this mean?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assslamu alaykum wa ramatuallhi wa barakatu,

Today I was watching a video about what people think of or know of Somalia and a Muslim woman said, "The Arabs betrayed the Somalis"
She didnt give anymore insight and they went onto the next person. What does this mean?

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
its not easy to know what she meant by that, we can only guess what she meant, maybe the help for food to somali, Allahu alem, may Allah guide us all muslims

Idris16

The Arabs have their own problems, there's no need to blame them for what is happening to Somalia. That's unfair.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Sure Arabs have they own problems too but need to remember even two things. At the first Somalia is member of the Arab League and at the second we all are same ummah and maybe we shouldn´t think us as Arabs or Somalians or Caucasians etc. Unfair it might be but this is way how people still are thinking.

Political situation in "Somalia section" is unclear to me too as it has been decades already. Other reason might be of course (what that sister in video meant) situation of the Somaliland (what has found rich oil and mineral deposits and are planning to start to exploit them at 2014). Not sure how much some Arab countries get benefits about them and what is opinion about it in Somalia.

tic_tac_toe

Assslamu alaykum wa ramatuallhi wa barakatu,

Today I was watching a video about what people think of or know of Somalia and a Muslim woman said, "The Arabs betrayed the Somalis"
She didnt give anymore insight and they went onto the next person. What does this mean?

Over a 100 years ago Thomas Edward Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) went through the Middle-East with the message "Turks have betrayed the Arabs". Do you know what happened to the Ummah?

We went from a Khilafah to 57 separate states and countries.

Over 1400+ years ago The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; also a white person has no superiority over black person nor does a black person have any superiority over white person except by piety and good action. Mankind is from Aadam (عليه السلام) and Aadam is from soil." (Sharh al-Tahhaawiyyah)

Who do you want to believe?

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Over a 100 years ago Thomas Edward Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) went through the Middle-East with the message "Turks have betrayed the Arabs". Do you know what happened to the Ummah?

We went from a Khilafah to 57 separate states and countries.

Over 1400+ years ago The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; also a white person has no superiority over black person nor does a black person have any superiority over white person except by piety and good action. Mankind is from Aadam (عليه السلام) and Aadam is from soil." (Sharh al-Tahhaawiyyah)

Who do you want to believe?

It was the very same Arabs who followed the white man from the west and help him destroy they khalifah. It was they who betrayed the Khilafah and the Muslims. Today they doing it again, betraying Muslims left and right. They support the west and give the west money, land and space upon which to wage war against other Muslim countries. It was the arabs who supported the invasion and sanctions on Iraq, they who supported attacks on Libya and they were secretly supported Abbas and Israel in their attempt to wipe out Gaza because they public voted Hamas into power. Somali is part of the arab league, they speak arabic in somalia. Yet arabs have abandoned them, they let other nations wage war and invade somlia, allow west to carpet bomb Somalia (as aide to the invading country) and they refuse to help Somalis in anyway. Any nation part of nato that went through that same thing would say the same to it's nato members.

tic_tac_toe

It was the very same Arabs who followed the white man from the west and help him destroy they khalifah. It was they who betrayed the Khilafah and the Muslims. Today they doing it again, betraying Muslims left and right. They support the west and give the west money, land and space upon which to wage war against other Muslim countries. It was the arabs who supported the invasion and sanctions on Iraq, they who supported attacks on Libya and they were secretly supported Abbas and Israel in their attempt to wipe out Gaza because they public voted Hamas into power. Somali is part of the arab league, they speak arabic in somalia. Yet arabs have abandoned them, they let other nations wage war and invade somlia, allow west to carpet bomb Somalia (as aide to the invading country) and they refuse to help Somalis in anyway. Any nation part of nato that went through that same thing would say the same to it's nato members.

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

I am neither a Saudi nor an Arab so don't have any particular allegiance with either and don't get any money from either sources.

There is no doubt that many Muslims (of multiple ethnicities) conspired to bring down the Khilafah and it is a sad chapter in our history but you can't put the blame squarely on an entire ethnic group because its akin to Hitler placing the entire blame of German economic woes on the Jews!

As far as history and current affairs are concerned then what is Pakistan doing in aiding the killing of Afghans? Who was Ata-Turk, was he an Arab?

Prophet Muhammad :saw: has instructed me to stay away from these racist matters so I will not be engaged in these and I would rather work to postively strengthen the Islamic ideology, belief and practice amongst Arabs because the stronger Islam gets the weaker the ethnic/racist tendencies get and vice versa.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Idris16

Many of you should stop speak about Somalia, you have 1% knowledge about Somalia, Somalis do not speak Arabic, they speak Somali. There's no Somali who speak Arabic as their 1st language in Somalia. Somalis betrayed themselves, the Arabs didn't.

"The Arabs betrayed the Somalis"
What a foolish statement to make. Somalis are racist to one another and yet accuse others to be racists. How ironic.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Many of you should stop speak about Somalia, you have 1% knowledge about Somalia, Somalis do not speak Arabic, they speak Somali. There's no Somali who speak Arabic as their 1st language in Somalia. Somalis betrayed themselves, the Arabs didn't.

What a foolish statement to make. Somalis are racist to one another and yet accuse others to be racists. How ironic.

Salaam brother,

Don't you think you're generalizing a bit too much here? "Somalis are racist to one another" Seriously?

Like someone else said, no one nation, ethnic group or country is all the same. There's good and bad in every country and group of people. To be honest, no Muslim country is helping any other Muslim country at the moment. It's sad that what it all comes down to these days is, is he or she from "my" people. We have easily forgotten that Muslims are all brothers and sisters in faith.

May Allah bring peace and love and mercy to our hearts for each other, amin.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
I am neither a Saudi nor an Arab so don't have any particular allegiance with either and don't get any money from either sources.

There is no doubt that many Muslims (of multiple ethnicities) conspired to bring down the Khilafah and it is a sad chapter in our history but you can't put the blame squarely on an entire ethnic group because its akin to Hitler placing the entire blame of German economic woes on the Jews!

As far as history and current affairs are concerned then what is Pakistan doing in aiding the killing of Afghans? Who was Ata-Turk, was he an Arab?

Prophet Muhammad has instructed me to stay away from these racist matters so I will not be engaged in these and I would rather work to postively strengthen the Islamic ideology, belief and practice amongst Arabs because the stronger Islam gets the weaker the ethnic/racist tendencies get and vice versa.

wa'alaykum asalaam

Only people involved in bringing down the khalifah were the stupid Arabs and the western enemies of Islam. Ata-Turk was a Jew, you should read up on his history.

There are lots of videos on youtube about how the greedy Arabs like the Saudi family wanted power and went homosexual with kuffars like Lawrence in as they betrayed Islam. here's one example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acBQ9UY6Iqo

As for Pakistan, that country is being "ruled" by the shia and we all know from history how shia have openly and secretely and continue to work against Islam and the Sunnis.

You sound like an Arab.

Anyways, here's something from that "1% of knowledge" I have.

In addition to Somali, Arabic, which is also an Afro-Asiatic tongue, is an official national language in Somalia. Many Somalis speak it due to centuries-old ties with the Arab World, the far-reaching influence of the Arabic media, and religious education; particularly the Yemeni dialect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Somalia

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Can we slow down once again.

Reading this has me dizzy.

I thought this was about Arabs and Somalis and then I find out we have mention of the Shia, the Turks, and the kitchen sink.

Can someone explain to me what is being discussed?

Idris16

Salaam brother,

Don't you think you're generalizing a bit too much here? "Somalis are racist to one another" Seriously?
Out of all people, in general the Somalis are racist to their own people, visit Somali forums and you will know what I am talking about. This is not generalizing, this is truth, not all of them are necessarily racists though.

You sound like an Arab.

Anyways, here's something from that "1% of knowledge" I have.

In addition to Somali, Arabic, which is also an Afro-Asiatic tongue, is an official national language in Somalia. Many Somalis speak it due to centuries-old ties with the Arab World, the far-reaching influence of the Arabic media, and religious education; particularly the Yemeni dialect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Somalia
You might as well say English is the language of Somalis since I am pretty sure that more Somalis speak English than Arabic. I told you Arabic is not the FIRST language of Somalis. So it wont help saying 'many Somalis speak it...'. Yes it is an official language ACCORDING to the Somali GOV, but who from among the Somalis in Somalia speak Arabic? Stop taking from wikipedia, you don't make sense. There are many Somalis here in this forum who cant speak Arabic. So you have proved to us your 1% knowledge of Somalia. Next time do not say Somalis speak Arabic, be humble and accept what I have to say.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

You are right brother Idris16 about language of Somalis. They mother language is somali even many Somalis also understand arabic, swahili, oromo, tigre and some other languages in Somalia even they aren´t they OWN languages. Knowing that I don´t need to use wikipedia as in my job I meet every day people from that area, also from Somalia (I am teacher of immigrants). Are they more racist than any other people? I don´t think so. They are as much and as less like every others too.

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
assalam alaykum

The words from a women wich where made should of not been put in here, words like that dont bring solution, just more talks, wich happend here

I am Albanian from Kosova, Kosova has 90% albanians, just to know

Sister islamerica:, we lived under ottoman islamic state for 500 years and we know their history, many albanians where vezir, pasha etc, they had big influence in islamic state of ottoman, the ottoman state was not destroid by arabs, it was destroid by their leaders inside them, first was one Pasha that put ottoman state in fight with rusia and the sultan was against that, becasue ottoman state at that time was not so strong, they lost the battles and they lost many contries wich they had under ottoman state, then the agrement was made betwen rusia and ottoman state, they lost alot, then egypt was separated from ottoman state by a pasha who was sufi Mehmet Ali Pasha ( he was albanian), he made egypt as a state, olso inside ottoman state there where people who betrayed ottoman state

arabs didnt have to do with that nothing, at all, arabs didnt have no influence at all in big world issues, the arab contries wich where invade by west, they could not even resist the west invasion

the propaganda that arabs betray ottoman state is done by sufi sect and ashari sect that hate ehlu sunah, we know history about ottoman state very good, our albanian history is conected with them

Brother Idris: you are going in extrem,we must be just, arabs today have big influence in economic etc, they can do much much and much more, i dont whant to go into this, becasue it's not good to show muslims mistaks, but there are big mistaks, but there are olso very good arabs that give in path of Allah,may Allah reward them with jannah, but if we compare with other contries, arabs should do much much more, they are in position to lead issues today

but we should not forget olso that every test wich happens in our life, in our family, in our comunity, in our city, in our contrie, in our ummah as muslims, its becasue of our sins, its not just the fault of arabs, or somalis or albanians, its the fault of each of us together, when we see something bad in our ummah we must know that each of us could have a share in that bad thing-becasue of our sins

when each of us starts from himself the change, and he dosnt make as manhaj-metodology to search for mistaks at other and dont waste time to put the blame on others, but he starts the change from himself, then we will see the true changes

if every one does what is requested from him to do, then things will be different, its a weak hadith, but the muhadith shaykh albani rahimullah said that this hadith is conected with other hadiths about the meaning of the hadith, so the meaning is good, the hadith " from good islam of one person is to not go into things wich dont conserne him" , its the meaning of hadith, not word by word, so if muslims do not spend there time with things wich they canot do nothing about that, if they dont waste time time with things they are not obligated to act about it, but they do things wich they are obligated to do and the things wich they can do, then we will see the change, islam has harmony in practising things, we dont practis islam in anarki or what our nafs says to us, or what emotions say to us, we act with order and with wisdom

may Allah forgive us , have mercy on us, and guide us to act what we are obligated to act, give us wisdom and patience

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
[video=google;4222791480425043142]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4222791480425043142&q=islam+%20Isl am:+Empire+of+Faith[/video]

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
[video=google;7502243539190558658]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7502243539190558658&q=islam+%20Isl am:+Empire+of+Faith[/video]