The beautifull story of Suhaib

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:hearts: Lessons from the life of Suhaib Rumi (ra) …
He was born surrounded by comfort and luxury. His father was the governor of Al Uballah and its ruler on behalf of the Persian king, and was one of the Arabs who emigrated to Iraq long before Islam. In his palace on the bank of Euphrates, next to Mosul, the child lived happily and comfortably. One day the country was attacked by the Romans (Byzantines) who captured a large number and enslaved the boy Suhaib lbn Sinaan. (Also known as Suhaib Rumi (from ROME) )
He was taken by slave traders until finally his long journey ended in Makkah. There he was sold to `Abd Allah lbn Jud'aan, after having spent his childhood and most of his youth in Roman lands, where he adopted their language and dialect.
His master was so amazed by his intelligence, energy, and sincerity that he emancipated him and set him free, giving him the privilege to trade with him.
One day.. . let his friend `Ammaar Ibn Yaasir (ra) tell us what happened on that day: I met Suhaib lbn Sinaan in front of the door of Daar Al-Arqam when the Prophet (PBUH) was there. I asked, "What do you want?" He answered, "And what do you want?" I said, "I want to meet Muhammad (PBUH) to hear what he is saying." He said, "I want the same." We both entered and met the Prophet (PBUH), who invited us to embrace Islam.
When the Prophet (PBUH) intended to emigrate, Suhaib (ra) knew that and he was supposed to be the third one of the three the Prophet, Abu Bakr, and Suhaib.
However, the Quraish decided to prevent the Prophet's emigration. Suhaib (ra) fell into one of their traps and was thereby hindered for some time from emigrating, while the Prophet (PBUH) and his companion set out accompanied by Allah's blessing.
Suhaib (ra) disputed, talked, and argued until he got rid of his persecutors. He mounted his camel and sped across the desert. However, the Quraish sent its hunters to follow him. When they reached him, Suhaib (ra) had hardly seen them before facing them and shouting from a near distance, "O people of Quraish, you know that I am the best marksman. By Allah, you cannot reach me before I shoot each of my arrows with my bow, then I will strike you with my sword until it falls down. Come on, if you like to try. Or if you like, I will tell you where my money is, and so leave me alone."
They agreed to take his money saying, "You came to us as a poor wretch. Your money increased in our land and among us you claimed high rank and now you want to escape together with your money?"
He guided them to the place where he had hidden his fortune, then they left him alone and returned to Makkah.
Alone but happy, Suhaib (ra) continued his journey until he reached the Prophet (PBUH) at Qubaa'.
When Suhaib came into view, the Prophet (PBUH) was sitting surrounded by his Companions. As soon as the Prophet (PBUH) saw him, he called to him cheerfully, "O Abu Yahia! A profitable sale! A profitable sale!"
Thereupon, the glorious verse was revealed: "And of mankind is he who sell himself, seeking the pleasure of Allah And Allah is full of kindness to (His) slaves "(2:207).
Indeed, Suhaib had paid all his fortune - the fortune he spent all his youth to gather - in return for his faithful soul. He never felt it was an unjust bargain. Money, gold, the whole world, nothing of that sort was worthwhile as long as he kept his faith.
The life of Suhaib was filled with an abandance of merits and great situations. To be chosen by `Umar lbn Al-khattab to lead the prayer was another merit to be added.
When the Commander of the Faithful was attacked while leading the Muslims in Fajr Prayer and felt his end was coming nearer and nearer, he began to advise his companions. His last words were, "Let Suhaib lead people in prayer". The Caliph of the Muslims was the one who led the prayers. In those days following the death of the Commander of the Faithful until the new caliph was chosen, who was to lead the Muslims in prayer?
Umar would slow down a thousand times before choosing someone especially in these moments, while his pure soul was passing away to meet Allah. If he chose, then there was no one more eligible than the chosen. He chose Suhaib (ra).
He chose him to lead the Muslims in prayer until the next caliph came to carry out his duties.
What made Umar (ra) to ask Suhaib (ra) to lead the prayers, when he was stabbed ???
What made Suhaib (ra) to lose all his worldly treasures and come empty handed to Madeenah ? Indeed, he knew that the treasure of EEMAN is far greater than the worldly treasures.
EEMAN is our Treasure – NEVER LOSE IT !!!

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Asalamualikum sister :hearts:
Jazzakallahu Khair a truly heart touching and beautiful story.
Islam is the best.
Akhira is for the rest.
If Quran is in the chest nothing need next.
Obey Allah first and Sucess will be next!

I agree with u nothing is a greater treasure in this world other than Imaan and obedience and sincerity and love for Allah and the Prophet.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
Asalamualikum sister :hearts:
Jazzakallahu Khair a truly heart touching and beautiful story.
Islam is the best.
Akhira is for the rest.
If Quran is in the chest nothing need next.
Obey Allah first and Sucess will be next!

I agree with u nothing is a greater treasure in this world other than Imaan and obedience and sincerity and love for Allah and the Prophet.

MACHA'ALLah!Cannot be able to say this better:ma:

NasTara

:hijabi:

:salam2: Jazaakallahu khayr sister! its a great post and very touching story.
May Allah reward you.

wassalam :hearts:

He was born surrounded by comfort and luxury. His father was the governor of Al Uballah and its ruler on behalf of the Persian king, and was one of the Arabs who emigrated to Iraq long before Islam. In his palace on the bank of Euphrates, next to Mosul, the child lived happily and comfortably. One day the country was attacked by the Romans (Byzantines) who captured a large number and enslaved the boy Suhaib lbn Sinaan. (Also known as Suhaib Rumi (from ROME) )
He was taken by slave traders until finally his long journey ended in Makkah. There he was sold to `Abd Allah lbn Jud'aan, after having spent his childhood and most of his youth in Roman lands, where he adopted their language and dialect.
His master was so amazed by his intelligence, energy, and sincerity that he emancipated him and set him free, giving him the privilege to trade with him.
One day.. . let his friend `Ammaar Ibn Yaasir (ra) tell us what happened on that day: I met Suhaib lbn Sinaan in front of the door of Daar Al-Arqam when the Prophet (PBUH) was there. I asked, "What do you want?" He answered, "And what do you want?" I said, "I want to meet Muhammad (PBUH) to hear what he is saying." He said, "I want the same." We both entered and met the Prophet (PBUH), who invited us to embrace Islam.
When the Prophet (PBUH) intended to emigrate, Suhaib (ra) knew that and he was supposed to be the third one of the three the Prophet, Abu Bakr, and Suhaib.
However, the Quraish decided to prevent the Prophet's emigration. Suhaib (ra) fell into one of their traps and was thereby hindered for some time from emigrating, while the Prophet (PBUH) and his companion set out accompanied by Allah's blessing.
Suhaib (ra) disputed, talked, and argued until he got rid of his persecutors. He mounted his camel and sped across the desert. However, the Quraish sent its hunters to follow him. When they reached him, Suhaib (ra) had hardly seen them before facing them and shouting from a near distance, "O people of Quraish, you know that I am the best marksman. By Allah, you cannot reach me before I shoot each of my arrows with my bow, then I will strike you with my sword until it falls down. Come on, if you like to try. Or if you like, I will tell you where my money is, and so leave me alone."
They agreed to take his money saying, "You came to us as a poor wretch. Your money increased in our land and among us you claimed high rank and now you want to escape together with your money?"
He guided them to the place where he had hidden his fortune, then they left him alone and returned to Makkah.
Alone but happy, Suhaib (ra) continued his journey until he reached the Prophet (PBUH) at Qubaa'.
When Suhaib came into view, the Prophet (PBUH) was sitting surrounded by his Companions. As soon as the Prophet (PBUH) saw him, he called to him cheerfully, "O Abu Yahia! A profitable sale! A profitable sale!"
Thereupon, the glorious verse was revealed: "And of mankind is he who sell himself, seeking the pleasure of Allah And Allah is full of kindness to (His) slaves "(2:207).
Indeed, Suhaib had paid all his fortune - the fortune he spent all his youth to gather - in return for his faithful soul. He never felt it was an unjust bargain. Money, gold, the whole world, nothing of that sort was worthwhile as long as he kept his faith.
The life of Suhaib was filled with an abandance of merits and great situations. To be chosen by `Umar lbn Al-khattab to lead the prayer was another merit to be added.
When the Commander of the Faithful was attacked while leading the Muslims in Fajr Prayer and felt his end was coming nearer and nearer, he began to advise his companions. His last words were, "Let Suhaib lead people in prayer". The Caliph of the Muslims was the one who led the prayers. In those days following the death of the Commander of the Faithful until the new caliph was chosen, who was to lead the Muslims in prayer?
Umar would slow down a thousand times before choosing someone especially in these moments, while his pure soul was passing away to meet Allah. If he chose, then there was no one more eligible than the chosen. He chose Suhaib (ra).
He chose him to lead the Muslims in prayer until the next caliph came to carry out his duties.
What made Umar (ra) to ask Suhaib (ra) to lead the prayers, when he was stabbed ???
What made Suhaib (ra) to lose all his worldly treasures and come empty handed to Madeenah ? Indeed, he knew that the treasure of EEMAN is far greater than the worldly treasures.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: glad you liked this post, it was special for me for one reason : I was born in a very wealthy family, my dad was a diplomat and so was my grand father and my grand grand father. I went to the university to study political sciences so as to became a diplomat too. I even had a place in the political party that ruled our country. But I reverted to islam, my family repudiated me and and I didn't see htem for nearly 13 years now. When I got married my husband and I didn't have money, just enough to rent our appartement and to eat. The first two weaks we used to sleep in one sajadah until a brother offers us a mattrass. Well the thing is that after eleven years of marriage Allah gave us four wonderfull kids,we both have a job and hamdulillah my father in law gave us enough money to buy a house. But the most important thing is that our Eeman has become stronger everyday.It is the only thing that we really need!!!
Love you all of you for the sake of islam:hearts:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Merci beaucoup, c'etait une tres belle histoire :)
Que Dieu te recompense pour ta patience, toi et ton mari..
J'espere que les enfants vont bien :)
Prends soin de toi inshallah :hearts:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2: glad you liked this post, it was special for me for one reason : I was born in a very wealthy family, my dad was a diplomat and so was my grand father and my grand grand father. I went to the university to study political sciences so as to became a diplomat too. I even had a place in the political party that ruled our country. But I reverted to islam, my family repudiated me and and I didn't see htem for nearly 13 years now. When I got married my husband and I didn't have money, just enough to rent our appartement and to eat. The first two weaks we used to sleep in one sajadah until a brother offers us a mattrass. Well the thing is that after eleven years of marriage Allah gave us four wonderfull kids,we both have a job and hamdulillah my father in law gave us enough money to buy a house. But the most important thing is that our Eeman has become stronger everyday.It is the only thing that we really need!!!
Love you all of you for the sake of islam:hearts:

Walikumasalam my sister
Your story of ur life is so amazing Allhamdulilha.
Trusting Allah alone is sufficent.

Allah has said:

“Oh you who believe, if you give aid to Allah, Allah will aid you and strengthen your foothold.” [Muhammad: 7]

Then Allah said in the following verse:

“So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers” [3:175]

Sister u did not fear poverty only Allah. You trusted Allah from deep of ur heart, and Allah the Bountiful showered his Mercy on u. :mashallah:

Wealth will fade
Looks will fade
The world will will go too.
But Allah the Eternal will always remain.

Please pray for me sister. Inshallah.:muslima:
Your sister in Islam

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

:salam2:
MashaAllah, wonderful to read. May Allah give us strong Eman:tti_sister:
JazakiAllah sister.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion

Walikumasalam my sister
Your story of ur life is so amazing Allhamdulilha.
Trusting Allah alone is sufficent.

Allah has said:

“Oh you who believe, if you give aid to Allah, Allah will aid you and strengthen your foothold.” [Muhammad: 7]

Then Allah said in the following verse:

“So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are (true) believers” [3:175]

Sister u did not fear poverty only Allah. You trusted Allah from deep of ur heart, and Allah the Bountiful showered his Mercy on u. :mashallah:

Wealth will fade
Looks will fade
The world will will go too.
But Allah the Eternal will always remain.

Please pray for me sister. Inshallah.:muslima:
Your sister in Islam

Incha'Allah, I like so much the way you write macha'Allah. May God bless you for your nice words:hearts:

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
Merci beaucoup, c'etait une tres belle histoire :)
Que Dieu te recompense pour ta patience, toi et ton mari..
J'espere que les enfants vont bien :)
Prends soin de toi inshallah :hearts:

Salam merci ma soeur , les enfants vont très bien hamdulillah ,de vraies petits monstres:hearts:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Incha'Allah, I like so much the way you write macha'Allah. May God bless you for your nice words:hearts:

Ameen to ur dua's my dear sister.
Our Prophet (saw) said If you believe in Allah and the last day say something good or keep quite.

The sweetest thing in the world can be words.
As sweet words can make a sick person feel alive again and have something to hope for and live for.
The most bitter thing in the world can also be words as bitter words can make a happy person lifeless and depressed.
So good words shine light to darkness.:hijabi:
Bad words can eat that light u have in ur heart.:SMILY252: