The Bible said that??!!

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum to all my brothers and sisters in Islam,

The anti-Islam film propagated by a Dutch Member of Parliament has been released. This will -unfortunately- increase Islamophobia in the minds of many people in the West.

My aim -in this post- is to provide an effective way for all Muslims living in the West to quickly and decisively respond to any attacks against Islam. And it's really pretty simple and easy.

This anti-Islam film takes selected passages from the Qur'an and portrays them out of context [i.e., without showing other verses that do not serve the purpose of Islam haters].

And I say let's turn the tables on Christians who attack us in such a way.

The real mind boggling issue is that many Christians will attack Islam based on this film while their own holy book [the Bible] contains passages that are really against all the West stands for; passages that -even when taken in context- absolutely makes almost all Westerners shudder and say, "The Bible said that??!!".

I have noticed that most Christians have not gone through an entire reading of the Bible. They only concentrate on passages that appeal to them.

And that's why I say that we Muslims should expose them to those not so nice Biblical verses whenever a Muslim is attacked by them.

For example, please click on the following two links. They have some of those Biblical verses:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79502&postcount=9
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74489&postcount=24

You also have the following verses:

Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Matthew 15:1-4 (King James Version)

Here, the Bible states that Jesus [peace be upon him] ordered the death of the disobedient son. I know that we Muslims don't believe that, but Christians sure do believe that, and that could be used against them.

Please memorize certain subjects [the essence of the Biblical verse] and their citation in the Bible. In this way, whenever you're attacked verbally, you could say that -for example- "You Christians believe that Jesus ordered the death of the disobediant son. It says so in Matthew chapter 15."

This will allow you to respond quickly to any Christian who throws vile and hate filled comments against you, and it will -God willing- make him or her feel like a hypocrite for attacking Islam when their own Bible contains such verses.

And in spite of all these Biblical verses, they still swear by the Bible in a Court of Law, the President of the United States swears by the Bible when taking the Oath of Office, the King or Queen in the United Kingdom [and in many other Christian countries I suspect] swear by the Bible when they are crowned as Heads of State.....etc.

Simply turn the tables on them and, Allah willing, you'll be victorious.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

palestine

Servant of Allah
wow! nice i'm prepared. lets go people we got work to do. thank you so much i was in need of it. now it's pay back time. lol. salam. jazakallahu khayran.

Bluegazer

Thank you, sister palestine, for your kind words.

You wrote, "now it's pay back time".

It sure is payback time! Those among the Christians [and not all of them] -who have been producing such anti-Islam films and material- had it coming. They really asked for it, and I hope that they'll get such a response that it'll feel like someone just gave them a good hard slap on their arrogant faces.

And here I suggest that this response can take many forms. Just like this Dutch MP produced this film, a Muslim could also make a film and post all these Biblical verses that go against Western values on the video as a response to his attack.

I also urge all Muslims who know of such Biblical verses to post them on this thread to provide ammunition against the bigotry and hypocrisy of some [and not all] Christians.

Allah the Almighty said:

It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâm), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh) hate (it).

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 9:33]

Bluegazer

I have rated my post with 5 stars.

I don't mean to be arrogant as to give my self a pat or praise myself. I just feel that this is a way to get more attention to this thread. All my brothers and sisters in Islam need to read this thread in the wake of this fierce attack on Islam.

If what I have done is inappropriate, then I would be grateful if one of the moderators removed the rating.

Bluegazer

In the following posts, I will only quote from the New American Bible. It is the official Roman Catholic version of the Bible [in English]. Catholics make up more than half of all Christians in the world. That's why I believe it's more effective if I post their version of the Bible.

I will -Insha'Allah [Allah willing]- make sure that the verses I post from the New American Bible also have the same meaning as the verses found in the most popular English version [i.e., the Authorized Version which is also known as the King James Version].

Bluegazer

So Sihon and all his people advanced against us to join battle at Jahaz; but since the LORD, our God, had delivered him to us, we defeated him and his sons and all his people. At that time we seized all his cities and doomed them all, with their men, women and children; we left no survivor.

Deuteronomy 2:32-34 (New American Bible)

Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, to fight at Jahaz. And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

Deuteronomy 2:32-34 (King James Version)

Bluegazer

At that time we captured all his cities, none of them eluding our grasp, the whole region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan: sixty cities in all, to say nothing of the great number of unwalled towns. All the cities were fortified with high walls and gates and bars. As we had done to Sihon, king of Heshbon, so also here we doomed all the cities, with their men, women and children;

Deuteronomy 3:4-6 (New American Bible)

And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan. All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many. And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Deuteronomy 3:4-6 (King James Version)

Bluegazer

But in the cities of those nations which the LORD, your God, is giving you as your heritage, you shall not leave a single soul alive.

Deuteronomy 20:16 (New American Bible)

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

Deuteronomy 20:16 (King James Version)

Bluegazer

Now Jericho was in a state of siege because of the presence of the Israelites, so that no one left or entered. And to Joshua the LORD said, "I have delivered Jericho and its king into your power.

As the horns blew, the people began to shout. When they heard the signal horn, they raised a tremendous shout. The wall collapsed, and the people stormed the city in a frontal attack and took it. They observed the ban by putting to the sword all living creatures in the city: men and women, young and old, as well as oxen, sheep and asses. Joshua directed the two men who had spied out the land, "Go into the harlot's house and bring out the woman with all her kin, as you swore to her you would do." The spies entered and brought out Rahab, with her father, mother, brothers, and all her kin. Her entire family they led forth and placed them outside the camp of Israel. The city itself they burned with all that was in it, except the silver, gold, and articles of bronze and iron, which were placed in the treasury of the house of the LORD. Because Rahab the harlot had hidden the messengers whom Joshua had sent to reconnoiter Jericho, Joshua spared her with her family and all her kin, who continue in the midst of Israel to this day. On that occasion Joshua imposed the oath: Cursed before the LORD be the man who attempts to rebuild this city, Jericho. He shall lose his first-born when he lays its foundation, and he shall lose his youngest son when he sets up its gates. Thus the LORD was with Joshua so that his fame spread throughout the land.

Joshua 6:1-2 and 20-27 (New American Bible)

Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in. And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.

So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city. And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her. And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel. And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD. And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho. And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the LORD, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it. So the LORD was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

Joshua 6:1-2 and 20-27 (King James Version)

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam brother. you know what ...as soon as i get a webcam inshallah i hope to make videos that help others see islam's beauty and see the arrogance of those christians and other non muslims who show bad images of islam.

Bluegazer

In this post, there is a difference between some Catholic versions of the Bible. Therefore, I will first post the Catholic versions and then will conclude with three Protestant versions.

With the Catholic versions -except the latest one, the New American Bible]- I will also post the Imprimatur of a high ranking Catholic clergyman. The reason is that the New American Bible is now the official English version of the Bible according to the Roman Catholic Church, so I need to also prove that the older versions were also official English versions according to the Roman Catholic Church.

The Catholic versions:

1- The Douay-Rheims version:

And Josue said to Achan: My son, give glory to the Lord God of Israel, and confess, and tell me what thou hast done, hide it not. And Achan answered Josue, and said to him: Indeed I have sinned against the Lord, the God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done. For I saw among the spoils a scarlet garment, exceeding good, and two hundred sicles of silver, and a golden rule of fifty sicles: and I coveted them, and I took them away, and hid them in the ground in the midst of my tent, and the silver I covered with the earth that I dug up. Josue therefore sent ministers: who running to his tent, found all hid in the same place, together with the silver. And taking them away out of the tent, they brought them to Josue, and to all the children of Israel, and threw them down before the Lord. Then Josue, and all Israel with him, took Achan, the son of Zare, and the silver, and the garment, and the golden rule, his sons also, and his daughters, his oxen, and asses, and sheep, the tent also, and all the goods: and brought them to the valley of Achor: Where Josue said: Because thou hast troubled us, the Lord trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him: and all things that were his[, were consumed with fire. And they gathered together upon him a great heap of stones, which remaineth until this present day And the wrath of the Lord was turned away from them. And the name of that place was called the Valley of Achor, until this day.

[the chapter is named in old English as Josue and the quoted passage is from chapter 7, verses 19-26]

Revised and Annotated 1749 by Bishop Richard Challoner
Imprimatur. +James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, September 1, 1899​

You might say, "Where's the saying that the children were also stoned to death?" and I say "It's in the phrase "and all things that were his". That's why Bishop Richard Challoner [with the approval of Cardinal Gibbons] tried to defend this action against the sons and daughters of Achan by saying:

His sons, etc... Probably conscious to, or accomplices of, the crime of their father.

The above quoted explanation can be found shaded in yellow at the link below [which also shows you the above mentioned passage of the Bible]:

http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jos007.htm

2- New Jerusalem Bible

Here's some information about the New Jerusalem Bible. The source of this information is the Catholic.org website:

The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.

Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.

Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.

Source: http://www.catholic.org/bible/

Now, let's read what written in Joshua 7:19-26:

Joshua then said to Achan, *My son, give glory to Yahweh, God of Israel, and confess; tell me what you have done and hide nothing from me.* Achan replied to Joshua, *Yes, I am the man who has sinned against Yahweh, God of Israel, and this is what I have done. In the loot, I saw a fine robe from Shinar and two hundred shekels of silver and an ingot of gold weighing fifty shekels, I set my heart on them and I took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.* Joshua sent messengers; they ran to the tent, and the robe was indeed hidden in the tent, with the silver underneath. They took the things out of the tent and, bringing them to Joshua and all the Israelites, laid them out before Yahweh. Joshua then took Achan son of Zerah and led him up to the Vale of Achor, with the silver and the robe and the ingot of gold, his sons, his daughters, his oxen, his donkeys, his sheep, his goats, his tent and all his belongings. All Israel went with him. Joshua said, *Why have you brought misfortune on us? Today may Yahweh bring misfortune on you!* And all Israel stoned him to death (and they burned them and threw stones at them). Over him, they raised a great mound of stones, which is still there today. Yahweh then relented from his fierce anger. That was why the place was called the Vale of Achor

Catholics might argue that the words "and they burned them and threw stones at them" -which refers to Achan's sons, duaghters and animals- are in brackets ( ). Still, this rendering of the passage reflects the understanding of Cardinal George Basil Hume, who approved this Bible version.

3- The New American Bible

The controversial passage is missing from this version, which is currently the official English version of the Roman Catholic Church. It reads as follows in the official Vatican website [I have added two red astrix signs * * to show the missing passage]:

Joshua said to Achan, "My son, give to the LORD, the God of Israel, glory and honor by telling me what you have done; do not hide it from me." Achan answered Joshua, "I have indeed sinned against the LORD, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: Among the spoils, I saw a beautiful Babylonian mantle, two hundred shekels of silver, and a bar of gold fifty shekels in weight; in my greed I took them. They are now hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath." The messengers whom Joshua sent hastened to the tent and found them hidden there, with the silver underneath. They took them from the tent, brought them to Joshua and all the Israelites, and spread them out before the LORD. Then Joshua and all Israel took Achan, son of Zerah, with the silver, the mantle, and the bar of gold, and with his sons and daughters, his ox, his ass and his sheep, his tent, and all his possessions, and led them off to the Valley of Achor. Joshua said, "The LORD bring upon you today the misery with which you have afflicted us!" And all Israel stoned him to death * * and piled a great heap of stones over him, which remains to the present day. Then the anger of the LORD relented. That is why the place is called the Valley of Achor to this day.

Even if Catholics want to use only this New American Bible, then it's a further case to show the corruption of the Bible, since you can see the difference between the three Catholic versions mentioned in this post.

The Protestant versions:

Here, you'll find the King James Version and two new editions of it all contain the controversial passage without brackets.

1- The King James Version:

And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me. And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done: When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and, behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it. And they took them out of the midst of the tent, and brought them unto Joshua, and unto all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor. And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, The valley of Achor, unto this day.

Joshua 7:19-26

Source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua 7:19-26;&version=9;

2- The New King James Version:

Now Joshua said to Achan, “My son, I beg you, give glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession to Him, and tell me now what you have done; do not hide it from me.” And Achan answered Joshua and said, “Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and this is what I have done: When I saw among the spoils a beautiful Babylonian garment, two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. And there they are, hidden in the earth in the midst of my tent, with the silver under it.” So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent; and there it was, hidden in his tent, with the silver under it. And they took them from the midst of the tent, brought them to Joshua and to all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. Then Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, the silver, the garment, the wedge of gold, his sons, his daughters, his oxen, his donkeys, his sheep, his tent, and all that he had, and they brought them to the Valley of Achor. And Joshua said, “Why have you troubled us? The LORD will trouble you this day.” So all Israel stoned him with stones; and they burned them with fire after they had stoned them with stones. Then they raised over him a great heap of stones, still there to this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of His anger. Therefore the name of that place has been called the Valley of Achor[a] to this day.

Source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua 7:19-26;&version=50;

3- The 21st Century King James Version:

And Joshua said unto Achan, "My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel and make confession unto Him. And tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me." And Achan answered Joshua and said, "Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done: When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonian garment and two hundred shekels of silver and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them and took them; and behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent and the silver under it." So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it. And they took them out of the midst of the tent, and brought them unto Joshua and unto all the children of Israel, and laid them out before the LORD. And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver and the garment and the wedge of gold, and his sons and his daughters, and his oxen and his asses and his sheep, and his tent and all that he had; and they brought them unto the Valley of Achor. And Joshua said, "Why hast thou troubled us? The LORD shall trouble thee this day." And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire after they had stoned them with stones. And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the LORD turned from the fierceness of His anger. Therefore the name of that place was called the Valley of Achor [that is, Trouble] unto this day.

Source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua 7:19-26;&version=48;

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister palestine,

You wrote the following in post #10:

salam brother. you know what ...as soon as i get a webcam inshallah i hope to make videos that help others see islam's beauty and see the arrogance of those christians and other non muslims who show bad images of islam.

I wish you all the best sister. But please, do not use the webcam to record yourself since Islam-haters might use your image in sick ways. You really don't need a webcam.

Another thing to watch out for is not to criticize them for punishments that are also found in Islam [for example, stoning to death of the married people guilty of adultery [zinaa].

And finally, I remind myself and all brothers and sisters in Islam that these quotations are directed at those Christians who hate Islam. There are among Christians many who are open minded and are not bigots and hypocrites, so we must make a difference in how we approach them.

Regards to you, and may Allah bless your work sister palestine,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

palestine

Servant of Allah
Inshallah brother thanks for the advice. i won't video myself inshallah but what i meant really in my heart is that i'll make videos of islam. as for the those chrisitians who are open minded and are kind i have nothing againt them but it's those who give us a hard time, who mock us and who think of themselves highly and who try to degrade our youth and adults alike. thanks for the great advice. salam.

Bluegazer

The LORD then said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid or dismayed. Take all the army with you and prepare to attack Ai. I have delivered the king of Ai into your power, with his people, city, and land. Do to Ai and its king what you did to Jericho and its king; except that you may take its spoil and livestock as booty. Set an ambush behind the city." So Joshua and all the soldiers prepared to attack Ai. Picking out thirty thousand warriors, Joshua sent them off by night with these orders: "See that you ambush the city from the rear, at no great distance; then all of you be on the watch. The rest of the people and I will come up to the city, and when they make a sortie against us as they did the last time, we will flee from them. They will keep coming out after us until we have drawn them away from the city, for they will think we are fleeing from them as we did the last time. When this occurs, rise from ambush and take possession of the city, which the LORD, your God, will deliver into your power. When you have taken the city, set it afire in obedience to the LORD'S command. These are my orders to you." Then Joshua sent them away. They went to the place of ambush, taking up their position to the west of Ai, toward Bethel. Joshua, however, spent that night in the plain. Early the next morning Joshua mustered the army and went up to Ai at its head, with the elders of Israel. When all the troops he led were drawn up in position before the city, they pitched camp north of Ai, on the other side of the ravine. (He took about five thousand men and set them in ambush between Bethel and Ai, west of the city.) Thus the people took up their stations, with the main body north of the city and the ambush west of it, and Joshua waited overnight among his troops. The king of Ai saw this, and he and all his army came out very early in the morning to engage Israel in battle at the descent toward the Arabah, not knowing that there was an ambush behind the city. Joshua and the main body of the Israelites fled in seeming defeat toward the desert, till the last of the soldiers in the city had been called out to pursue them. Since they were drawn away from the city, with every man engaged in this pursuit of Joshua and the Israelites, not a soldier remained in Ai (or Bethel), and the city was open and unprotected. Then the LORD directed Joshua, "Stretch out the javelin in your hand toward Ai, for I will deliver it into your power." Joshua stretched out the javelin in his hand toward the city, and as soon as he did so, the men in ambush rose from their post, rushed in, captured the city, and immediately set it on fire. By the time the men of Ai looked back, the smoke from the city was already sky-high. Escape in any direction was impossible, because the Israelites retreating toward the desert now turned on their pursuers; for when Joshua and the main body of Israelites saw that the city had been taken from ambush and was going up in smoke, they struck back at the men of Ai. Since those in the city came out to intercept them, the men of Ai were hemmed in by Israelites on either side, who cut them down without any fugitives or survivors except the king, whom they took alive and brought to Joshua. All the inhabitants of Ai who had pursued the Israelites into the desert were slain by the sword there in the open, down to the last man. Then all Israel returned and put to the sword those inside the city. There fell that day a total of twelve thousand men and women, the entire population of Ai. Joshua kept the javelin in his hand stretched out until he had fulfilled the doom on all the inhabitants of Ai. However, the Israelites took for themselves as booty the livestock and the spoil of that city, according to the command of the LORD issued to Joshua. Then Joshua destroyed the place by fire, reducing it to an everlasting mound of ruins, as it remains today. He had the king of Ai hanged on a tree until evening; then at sunset Joshua ordered the body removed from the tree and cast at the entrance of the city gate, where a great heap of stones was piled up over it, which remains to the present day.

Joshua 8:1-29 (New American Bible)

And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land: And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush for the city behind it. So Joshua arose, and all the people of war, to go up against Ai: and Joshua chose out thirty thousand mighty men of valour, and sent them away by night. And he commanded them, saying, Behold, ye shall lie in wait against the city, even behind the city: go not very far from the city, but be ye all ready: And I, and all the people that are with me, will approach unto the city: and it shall come to pass, when they come out against us, as at the first, that we will flee before them, (For they will come out after us) till we have drawn them from the city; for they will say, They flee before us, as at the first: therefore we will flee before them. Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand. And it shall be, when ye have taken the city, that ye shall set the city on fire: according to the commandment of the LORD shall ye do. See, I have commanded you. Joshua therefore sent them forth: and they went to lie in ambush, and abode between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of Ai: but Joshua lodged that night among the people. And Joshua rose up early in the morning, and numbered the people, and went up, he and the elders of Israel, before the people to Ai. And all the people, even the people of war that were with him, went up, and drew nigh, and came before the city, and pitched on the north side of Ai: now there was a valley between them and Ai. And he took about five thousand men, and set them to lie in ambush between Bethel and Ai, on the west side of the city. And when they had set the people, even all the host that was on the north of the city, and their liers in wait on the west of the city, Joshua went that night into the midst of the valley. And it came to pass, when the king of Ai saw it, that they hasted and rose up early, and the men of the city went out against Israel to battle, he and all his people, at a time appointed, before the plain; but he wist not that there were liers in ambush against him behind the city. And Joshua and all Israel made as if they were beaten before them, and fled by the way of the wilderness. And all the people that were in Ai were called together to pursue after them: and they pursued after Joshua, and were drawn away from the city. And there was not a man left in Ai or Bethel, that went not out after Israel: and they left the city open, and pursued after Israel. And the LORD said unto Joshua, Stretch out the spear that is in thy hand toward Ai; for I will give it into thine hand. And Joshua stretched out the spear that he had in his hand toward the city. And the ambush arose quickly out of their place, and they ran as soon as he had stretched out his hand: and they entered into the city, and took it, and hasted and set the city on fire. And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and, behold, the smoke of the city ascended up to heaven, and they had no power to flee this way or that way: and the people that fled to the wilderness turned back upon the pursuers. And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai. And the other issued out of the city against them; so they were in the midst of Israel, some on this side, and some on that side: and they smote them, so that they let none of them remain or escape. And the king of Ai they took alive, and brought him to Joshua. And it came to pass, when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness wherein they chased them, and when they were all fallen on the edge of the sword, until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned unto Ai, and smote it with the edge of the sword. And so it was, that all that fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai. For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai. Only the cattle and the spoil of that city Israel took for a prey unto themselves, according unto the word of the LORD which he commanded Joshua. And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day. And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide: and as soon as the sun was down, Joshua commanded that they should take his carcase down from the tree, and cast it at the entering of the gate of the city, and raise thereon a great heap of stones, that remaineth unto this day.

Joshua 8:1-29 (King James Version)

Please note the beginning of chapter 8 of the Book of Joshua, where it reads, "The LORD then said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid or dismayed. Take all the army with you and prepare to attack Ai. I have delivered the king of Ai into your power, with his people, city, and land. Do to Ai and its king what you did to Jericho and its king".

If you want to know what Joshua [according to what's written in the Bible] "did to Jericho", please read post #9 on this thread.

Bluegazer

Makkedah, too, Joshua captured and put to the sword at that time. He fulfilled the doom on the city, on its king, and on every person in it, leaving no survivors. Thus he did to the king of Makkedah what he had done to the king of Jericho. Joshua then passed on with all Israel from Makkedah to Libnah, which he attacked. Libnah also, with its king, the LORD delivered into the power of Israel. He put it to the sword with every person there, leaving no survivors. Thus he did to its king what he had done to the king of Jericho. Joshua next passed on with all Israel from Libnah to Lachish, where they set up a camp during the attack. The LORD delivered Lachish into the power of Israel, so that on the second day Joshua captured it and put it to the sword with every person in it, just as he had done to Libnah. At that time Horam, king of Gezer, came up to help Lachish, but Joshua defeated him and his people, leaving him no survivors. From Lachish, Joshua passed on with all Israel to Eglon; encamping near it, they attacked it and captured it the same day, putting it to the sword. He fulfilled the doom that day on every person in it, just as he had done at Lachish. From Eglon, Joshua went up with all Israel to Hebron, which they attacked and captured. They put it to the sword with its king, all its towns, and every person there, leaving no survivors, just as Joshua had done to Eglon. He fulfilled the doom on it and on every person there. Then Joshua and all Israel turned back to Debir and attacked it, capturing it with its king and all its towns. They put them to the sword and fulfilled the doom on every person there, leaving no survivors. Thus was done to Debir and its king what had been done to Hebron, as well as to Libnah and its king. Joshua conquered the entire country; the mountain regions, the Negeb, the foothills, and the mountain slopes, with all their kings. He left no survivors, but fulfilled the doom on all who lived there, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded. Joshua conquered from Kadesh-barnea to Gaza, and all the land of Goshen to Gibeon. All these kings and their lands Joshua captured in a single campaign, for the LORD, the God of Israel, fought for Israel. Thereupon Joshua with all Israel returned to the camp at Gilgal.

Joshua 10:28-43 (New American Bible)

And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho. Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: And the LORD delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel; and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it; but did unto the king thereof as he did unto the king of Jericho. And Joshua passed from Libnah, and all Israel with him, unto Lachish, and encamped against it, and fought against it: And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein, according to all that he had done to Libnah. Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it: And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day, according to all that he had done to Lachish. And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it: And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining, according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein. And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it: And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining: as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king. So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. And Joshua smote them from Kadeshbarnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon. And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel. And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, unto the camp to Gilgal.

Joshua 10:28-43 (King James Version)

Please note one of the last passages. It is the last part of verse 40 of this chapter 10 of the Book of Joshua:

He left no survivors, but fulfilled the doom on all who lived there, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded.

Bluegazer

At that time Joshua, turning back, captured Hazor and slew its king with the sword; for Hazor formerly was the chief of all those kingdoms. He also fulfilled the doom by putting every person there to the sword, till none was left alive. Hazor itself he burned. Joshua thus captured all those kings with their cities and put them to the sword, fulfilling the doom on them, as Moses, the servant of the LORD, had commanded. However, Israel did not destroy by fire any of the cities built on raised sites, except Hazor, which Joshua burned. The Israelites took all the spoil and livestock of these cities as their booty; but the people they put to the sword, until they had exterminated the last of them, leaving none alive. As the LORD had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua acted accordingly. He left nothing undone that the LORD had commanded Moses should be done.

Joshua 11:10-15 (New American Bible)

And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms. And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire. And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded. But as for the cities that stood still in their strength, Israel burned none of them, save Hazor only; that did Joshua burn. And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe. As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.

Joshua 11:10-15 (King James Version)

Bluegazer

Samson went down to Timnah and saw there one of the Philistine women. On his return he told his father and mother, "There is a Philistine woman I saw in Timnah whom I wish you to get as a wife for me." His father and mother said to him, "Can you find no wife among your kinsfolk or among all our people, that you must go and take a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?" But Samson answered his father, "Get her for me, for she pleases me." Now his father and mother did not know that this had been brought about by the LORD, who was providing an opportunity against the Philistines; for at that time they had dominion over Israel. So Samson went down to Timnah with his father and mother. When they had come to the vineyards of Timnah, a young lion came roaring to meet him. But the spirit of the LORD came upon Samson, and although he had no weapons, he tore the lion in pieces as one tears a kid. However, on the journey to speak for the woman, he did not mention to his father or mother what he had done. Later, when he returned to marry the woman who pleased him, he stepped aside to look at the remains of the lion and found a swarm of bees and honey in the lion's carcass. So he scooped the honey out into his palms and ate it as he went along. When he came to his father and mother, he gave them some to eat, without telling them that he had scooped the honey from the lion's carcass. His father also went down to the woman, and Samson gave a banquet there, since it was customary for the young men to do this. When they met him, they brought thirty men to be his companions. Samson said to them, "Let me propose a riddle to you. If within the seven days of the feast you solve it for me successfully, I will give you thirty linen tunics and thirty sets of garments. But if you cannot answer it for me, you must give me thirty tunics and thirty sets of garments." "Propose your riddle," they responded; "we will listen to it." So he said to them,

"Out of the eater came forth food,
and out of the strong came forth sweetness."

After three days' failure to answer the riddle, they said on the fourth day to Samson's wife, "Coax your husband to answer the riddle for us, or we will burn you and your family. Did you invite us here to reduce us to poverty?" At Samson's side, his wife wept and said, "You must hate me; you do not love me, for you have proposed a riddle to my countrymen, but have not told me the answer." He said to her, "If I have not told it even to my father or my mother, must I tell it to you?" But she wept beside him during the seven days the feast lasted. On the seventh day, since she importuned him, he told her the answer, and she explained the riddle to her countrymen. On the seventh day, before the sun set, the men of the city said to him,

"What is sweeter than honey,
and what is stronger than a lion?"
He replied to them,
"If you had not plowed with my heifer,
you would not have solved my riddle."

The spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, where he killed thirty of their men and despoiled them; he gave their garments to those who had answered the riddle. Then he went off to his own family in anger, and Samson's wife was married to the one who had been best man at his wedding.

Judges 14 (New American Bible)

And Samson went down to Timnath, and saw a woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines. And he came up, and told his father and his mother, and said, I have seen a woman in Timnath of the daughters of the Philistines: now therefore get her for me to wife. Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well. But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the LORD, that he sought an occasion against the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines had dominion over Israel. Then went Samson down, and his father and his mother, to Timnath, and came to the vineyards of Timnath: and, behold, a young lion roared against him. And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done. And he went down, and talked with the woman; and she pleased Samson well. And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase of the lion: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees and honey in the carcase of the lion. And he took thereof in his hands, and went on eating, and came to his father and mother, and he gave them, and they did eat: but he told not them that he had taken the honey out of the carcase of the lion. So his father went down unto the woman: and Samson made there a feast; for so used the young men to do. And it came to pass, when they saw him, that they brought thirty companions to be with him. And Samson said unto them, I will now put forth a riddle unto you: if ye can certainly declare it me within the seven days of the feast, and find it out, then I will give you thirty sheets and thirty change of garments: But if ye cannot declare it me, then shall ye give me thirty sheets and thirty change of garments. And they said unto him, Put forth thy riddle, that we may hear it. And he said unto them, Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness. And they could not in three days expound the riddle. And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they said unto Samson's wife, Entice thy husband, that he may declare unto us the riddle, lest we burn thee and thy father's house with fire: have ye called us to take that we have? is it not so? And Samson's wife wept before him, and said, Thou dost but hate me, and lovest me not: thou hast put forth a riddle unto the children of my people, and hast not told it me. And he said unto her, Behold, I have not told it my father nor my mother, and shall I tell it thee? And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people. And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? And what is stronger than a lion? and he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle. And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house. But Samson's wife was given to his companion, whom he had used as his friend.

Judges 14 (King James Version)

You'll notice that in the story, Samson does not kill the thirty men who threatened his wife but thirty random men from the town of Ashkelon. And then he gave these dead men's garments to the thirty men who solved the riddle [the ones who threatened Samson's wife].

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother ayman1,

I find this following statement of yours really hits the mark:

I had since found countless passages throughout the Bible that one would cringe reading them: violence, profanity and *!*!*!*!ography, but I bet most Christians and Jews aren't aware of this.

It's very true. Most Jews and Christians claim Islam calls for terrorism when in actuality it's their Bible that's full of utter and complete destruction of human life [including defenseless men, women and children].

And that's why it's so mind boggling to me. This Wilders guy in the Netherlands releases this film, taking Qur'anic verses out of context and not showing other Qur'anic verses and thus tries to distort the true image of Islam, while many Biblical verses [in context] are like a bloodbath.

Thank you, Allah the Almighty, for preserving the Qur'an, the authentic Sunnah and the example of the Companions [may Allah be pleased with them]. And I ask Allah to strengthen my faith, your faith brother ayman1 and the faith of all Muslims so that we die as Muslims.

Aameen.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Bluegazer

Fair Babylon, you destroyer, happy those who pay you back the evil you have done us! Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock.

Psalms 137:8-9 (New American Bible)

O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Psalm 137:8-9 (King James Version)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Are u discussing old or New testement ?Coz New Testement is not that vilent as the Old Testement .Am I wrong ?
waaleikum salam