The Deen Is Sincere Advise

Kakorot

Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Welcome to the sincere naseeha thread. I thought it would be nice if we had a thread in this section, where we'd advice one another (it's our duty to anyway, so no excuses).

We all read the hadeeth: Tameem ad-Dari (Radhi Allaahu 'Anhu) said: “The Prophet (Sal Allaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, (three times), “The Religion is naseeha (sincerity and sincere advice).” We said, “To whom?” He said, “To Allaah, His Book, His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and the general people.” [Saheeh Muslim No.55]

Imaam an-Nawawî (d.676H) (rahimahullaah) explained:

... "Sincerity to the general Muslims, and they are those who are other than the rulers and the scholars, it is to guide them to what is beneficial for them, both in the:

- Hereafter and in this life.

- To keep harm away from them so that he teaches them that which they are ignorant of as regards the Religion.

- To help them in this by words and actions.

- To hide their faults and to fulfil their needs and wants.

- To remove that which is harmful to them, and to bring that which is of benefit to them.

- To order them with good and to forbid them from evil, with gentleness, sincerity, and compassion for them.

- Having respect for their elderly, and respect for their young.

- To give them good admonition, not acting deceitfully towards them.

- To love the good things for them, which he would love for himself.

- To hate the bad things for them, which he would hate for himself.

- To protect their wealth, and reputation, and other than that, with sayings and actions.

- To encourage them to take on the character of all that we have mentioned, from all the types of sincerity. And to enliven their feeling for acts of obedience. And there were some from our predecessors whose advice was so great, that it caused severe harm to his worldly affairs – and Allaah knows best.” [Sharh Sahîh Muslim (2/38]

Everyday we may see or come across Muslims who are in the wrong. Some of us may not be aware of certain things in Islaam and their importance. So basically, as I said, in this thread you just write sincere advice to the ummah. It could be about anything (within the deen).

I'll start and I firstly advice myself.

Bismillaah.

Brothers and sisters, please don't be suspicious of others. Never think that someone is doing something bad and always doubt them because your suspicions may not even be true!!

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (49: 12)

Don't backbite. You won't like it if someone backbited about you, would you? And remember that backbiting is the TRUTH that is said behind your brother's back. You get tempted to backbite, especially if someone pissses you off, you feel like revealing them, but remember that wallaah it's not worth it at all. Why?? Because on the day of judgement, when a person is SO close to Jannah, people are going to be walking up to him/her and take ALL their good deeds. Imagine, all your life you spend performing Fardh/Sunan/Nawaafil Salaah, the times you went Hajj/'Umrah, payed Zakah, gave Sadaqah, fasted in Ramadhaan and Sunan fasts and all your other big and small deeds... Imagine all your efforts gone to WASTE and the people that YOU wronged take all your good deeds... You'll only be left with bad deeds, and we all know what will happen, if Allaah then does not have mercy on you, then you will definately go Jahannam. Is it worth it? So please refrain from backbiting. And the same goes for slandering and gossiping. Slander is when you LIE behind you brother's back. So you accuse them of doing something which they didn't do and these rumours spread like wildfire. And we all know what gossiping is.

If you have backbitten, slandered or gossiped about someone, it's really hard but go and apologise to them and repent to Allaah. If you can't admit to them because you feel there will be more problems etc., then from my limited knowledge, you can make excessive du'aa for them to Allaah, you can speak really good about them and praise them to other people and you can give charity of their behalf. It's not too late, unless you're dead.

But please don't backbite. It is a real disease amongst the people of this ummah, young and old. And so easy to do! I will show you the evidence of the severity of backbiting:

Rasool Allaah – sala Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam – said, “Verily a person will speak words from those that Allaah hates, paying no heed to what he is saying, and with those words he will plummet in to hellfire.” – Bukharee

And Allaah hates backbiting. Also, a lot of the time when one backbites, he/she is WELL AWARE of what they are doing. So imagine backbiting whilst being unaware of it.

P.S This is not a Word Game.

Idris16

SubhanAllah, I've thought about making such thread. Bârakillahu feek

Well It doesnt matter if u criticise me. So go ahead and give me naseeha brothers and sisters:)

Kakorot

Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

Never think that your better than someone, just because you appear to be more knowledgable than them. Because in actual fact, whilst your the one who is revealing your knowledge, the other person maybe silent but know more than you do.

Everyone is at different levels and we all learn in different ways. The best way to learn is directly from scholars, but nowadays that's impossible for a lot of people and they have other committments. So never boast that your a student of knowledge, because although you start off to learn deen for the sake of Allaah, once you start revealing to the world that you learn under such and such shaykh, then shaytaan may come in and your intentions may change to show off to others that your in this position.

Maybe it would be best to wait for someone to ask you, "Where did you learn this from?", then you can tell them that you study under a particular shaykh and he taught you.

And just because you maybe a student of knowledge, doesn't mean you should expect people to treat you differently or in a particular way.

Idris16

An advice to my brothers and sisters.
Please when you pray don't pray fast, please! Don't look up. Look at the place where you will put your forehead/nose, the place where you will prostrate.

Do not put your trousers above your ankles when you pray and then at the same time when you finish praying you put your trousers below the ankle. Always have clothes above the ankles!

Do not let matters of fiqh disunite you. I have met people that say this and that is not knowledgeable just because he may happen to disagree with him on fiqh.

Kakorot

:salam2:

@Suhaanah - wa iyyaaki.

Does anyone have any advice on sabr? How does one practically maintain their patience?

Mohammed Junedi

Asalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

All I can say is, The reward of sabr is friendship of Allah.

Anyone suffering from an illness should remain patient, for there is no reward better or more enriching than that reserved for those who endure in patience.

Suhaib ibn Sinan narrated that the Prophet (s) said:

“How remarkable is the case of the believer! There is good for him in everything, but this is not the case for anyone except for the believer.

When the believer receives any good, he is thankful to Allah, and gets a reward.

And when some misfortune befalls him, he endures it patiently, for which he is (also) rewarded.”

Anas narrates: “I heard the Prophet (s) saying: ‘Allah says: “When I afflict a servant of mine with respect to his two most beloved things (meaning his eyes), and he endures it patiently, I grant him paradise in return‘.”

All the above thing that I am writing is with a lot of smile :) because I was well known for my short temper during my college days.

But Alhamdulillah, when you read Quran and try to understand what it says your Heart becomes softer and you are aided with Sabr as well.

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum salam wa rahmatullaahi wa baraakatuh

:jazaak:

Asalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

All I can say is, The reward of sabr is friendship of Allah.

Anyone suffering from an illness should remain patient, for there is no reward better or more enriching than that reserved for those who endure in patience.

Suhaib ibn Sinan narrated that the Prophet (s) said:

“How remarkable is the case of the believer! There is good for him in everything, but this is not the case for anyone except for the believer.

When the believer receives any good, he is thankful to Allah, and gets a reward.

And when some misfortune befalls him, he endures it patiently, for which he is (also) rewarded.”

Anas narrates: “I heard the Prophet (s) saying: ‘Allah says: “When I afflict a servant of mine with respect to his two most beloved things (meaning his eyes), and he endures it patiently, I grant him paradise in return‘.”

All the above thing that I am writing is with a lot of smile :) because I was well known for my short temper during my college days.

But Alhamdulillah, when you read Quran and try to understand what it says your Heart becomes softer and you are aided with Sabr as well.