~ The Greatest Generation ~

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
^hmmm. Could it possibly be `cause the one who 'started' the thread hasn't even been around..?=D

PS. If SAM(the name's truly long, girl) doesn't get to it before me, I'll post up the next set of clues..

EDIT: Inshaa'Allaah :]

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I see my 'Inshaa'Allaah' has worked! No SAM in sight..:]

Next clues-(A sahaabi this time 'cause I was listening to his story last night and its still fresh in my mind..)

He was:

1)From the tribe of Banee Tameem.

2)Among the first ten to convert.

3)Tortured by a woman* and her brother for accepting Islaam.[Ah, what a torture it was that he was put through..Subhaanallaah!]

*He was her slave.

Hint: `Ali ibn abee Taalib said, concerning this sahaabah,

"رحم الله .... فقد أسلم راغبا، وهاجر طائعا، وعاش مجاهدا"
"Rahimallaah .... Faqad aslama raaghiban, wa haajara taa'i3an, wa `aasha mujaahida."

But thing is, I can't translate that for you..:] well, except for 'Rahimallaah"- May Allaah have mercy on...=)

your-sister

Assalamu'alaykum wa-rahmatullaah,

This thread got stuck in the Mud ..someone get it moving again please?

oh no ukhti, I assume it was I who got it 'stuck in the Mud', sorry guys.

Answering Suhaana's clues- He's Khabbab bin al-Arat

If I'm right, please go ahead and post the next xlues up in my honour! I am at the moment, far from my sahaabah book

Jazaakumullaahu khair

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Time to bring up this thread again. I think I'll proceed with the clues [just simple clues since I do not know how to make hard clues lol].

1. She is the daughter of one of the Companions.

2. A very outspoken but yet, a very religious lady who used to spend her time praying and fasting.

3. An incident within the household happened that result in the revelation of some ayaats in the Quraan.

Easy, I know. Quote about the incident + the ayaat too, inshaAllaah.

Was-salaam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

.May Allaah reward you all for trying to keep this thread alive!

It is our mother A'isha bint Abi Bakr radiallaahu anha right? And the incident would be of Ahl Al-Ifk.

Too late for quotes here unfortunately, but if you've not done me the favor of posting them, I will do tomorrow insha'Allaah, as well as go digging for some clues myself.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters

I have remembered this Sahaab raddiAllahu anhu who was not mentioned before in this thread. Inshallah, it it is easy to answer who was he. :) :tti_sister:
He is the first caller of the prayers for the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

He embraced Islam at the age of 30.

He was the only one who prayed in the Ka‘bah with the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Why am I not getting notified of new posts here? I didn't notice post from this thread in the new posts section today and here we have sister Asja's post.

'Ajeeb.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
wa'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

.May Allaah reward you all for trying to keep this thread alive!

It is our mother A'isha bint Abi Bakr radiallaahu anha right? And the incident would be of Ahl Al-Ifk.

Too late for quotes here unfortunately, but if you've not done me the favor of posting them, I will do tomorrow insha'Allaah, as well as go digging for some clues myself.

Sister Samiha. Jazaaki Allaahu khaayraa. Actually the one I had the clues for was Hafsah radiyallahu anha, daughter of Umaar Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu.

But I had the feelings that people will guess between the either two [Ai'shaa & Hafsah radiyallahu anhumma]; perhaps due to the vague clues. Aasifah for that.

The revelation of the related ayaat. . do you want to post it or me? :)

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Aisya al Humayra gets to choose the next clue giver or post more herself.

Lol @ me. I really need to stop skimming posts and actually start reading them.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Man girl, those clues were way vague lol, but I admit it's my fault as well. I was wondering how that could be a 'household' incident, and thinking I might be wrong, but went for it anyway to bring this thread back up so khayr insha'Allaah. Live and learn, history is not one of my finer points unfortunately.

But. On basis of the answer, here are her stories:

2. A very outspoken but yet, a very religious lady who used to spend her time praying and fasting.

I wanted to note an incident regarding this as well, since I found it interesting:

Jabir bin 'Abdullah Ansari narrates an incident which was related to him by Umm Mubasher. She and Hafsah and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) were sitting and chatting together. He said that all the people who had given the pledged of allegiance at Hudaybiyah under the tree would go to Paradise, and not to Hell. She asked how that was possible. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) got annoyed, but Hafsah did not give up and quoted an Ayah from Surah Maryam.

"There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell)."
[Noble Quran 19:71]

In reply he quoted the very next Ayah, also from Surah Maryam.

"Then We shall save those who use to fear Allah and were dutiful to Him. And We shall leave the wrongdoers therein to there knees (in Hell)." [Noble Quran 19:72]

This news of Hafsah disputing with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) spread in Al-Madinah. On that day the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) was very disturbed; and when 'Umar Faruq heard about it he chided his daughter. She replied that 'A'ishah too spoke in the same manner to him. Her father again cautioned her not to compete with 'A'ishah and maintain a certain decorum, or else she would bring trouble on herself.

--

It's interesting how you can understand different qualities/personalities of the Companions by reading these stories, subhanAllaah

3. An incident within the household happened that result in the revelation of some ayaats in the Quraan.

Okay...so, ukhti, I believe this is it?
Among the Mothers of the believers, 'A'ishah, Umm Habibah, Sawdah and Hafsah all belonged to the tribe of Quraysh. The others came from various other tribes. Everyday after the 'Asr prayer, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) would visit them all for a little while to see if they needed anything; the time of the visits was routine and each would wait eagerly for his arrival. On several occasions, it so happened that he spent more time with Zaynab. This upset 'A'ishah, and she spoke about it to Hafsah and Sawdah. They got together and found out that a certain relative had sent Zaynab a special kind of honey and she used to offer it to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) everyday. This was his favorite and he used to be delayed in her apartment, enjoying it. 'A'ishah was so fond of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) that she could not bear for him to be late coming to her apartment. Because of her regard for him she could not object directly.

So she consulted Hafsah and Sawdah, and they decided that when he comes to each of us by turn, we would all say that there is a strange smell emanating from his mouth. When he heard the same thing from all three of them, he believed it must be due to the honey he had, and decided to give it up for good. If this had been an incident in the life of an ordinary person it would have been of no consequence. But this was with the last Prophet of Allah and his every word and every action would become the law or Shari'ah for all Muslims for all time to come. Thus it had a special significance.

So Allah rebuked him in Ayah of Surat At-Tahrim.

"O Prophet! Why do you forbid (for yourself) that which Allah has allowed to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Noble Quran 66:1]

It was around the same time that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) confided a secret matter to Hafsah, and warned her not to speak to anyone about it. But she told 'A'ishah. Allah then revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) what happened. Allah revealed this in the following Ayah of Surat At-Tahrim,

"And when the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wife, then she told it. And Allah made it known to him; he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said: "Who told you this?" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware has told me." [Noble Quran 66:3]

Source: http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/hafsah_bint_umar.php

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Aisya al Humayra gets to choose the next clue giver or post more herself.

Lol @ me. I really need to stop skimming posts and actually start reading them.

LOL @ Sister Al-Fajr. Yeah, that's a good idea :wink:

Man girl, those clues were way vague lol, but I admit it's my fault as well. I was wondering how that could be a 'household' incident, and thinking I might be wrong, but went for it anyway to bring this thread back up so khayr insha'Allaah. Live and learn, history is not one of my finer points unfortunately.

Yeah, I think it was waay too vague when I re-read it again. *sigh*

But yeah, Alhamdulillah; congrats that you got it right! It was in Suraah At-Tahreem the ayaat was revealed.

Jazaakum Allaahu khaayraa.

OK, if I may do this, I'll pass the next clues to whoever has anyone in mind. . maybe Sister Samiha. . or Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. . [that's allowed right, Sister Al-Fajr?]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
OK, if I may do this, I'll pass the next clues to whoever has anyone in mind. . maybe Sister Samiha. . or Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. . [that's allowed right, Sister Al-Fajr?]

I think we should let Samiha or Al-fajr have some fun with clues.

Why make me name bold? You know my head is stuck on one word for now ukht

Hold on, if I get something soon. I'll edit this post.

I see you girls teamed up against me so EDIT:

1) She migrated for the sake of Allaah and was tested with a real tough test after migration.
2) She gave 50 mikthal's out of her mahr when she got married, to the person who informed her of the marriage proposal and Khalid ibn Said ibn al-Aas was her wakil.
3) After her wedding, a lady told her she has accepted Islam and asked her of something that when the Prophet:saw: was told about, made him very happy.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ You're next, or samiha but looks like it'll be you.

LOL @ Sister Al-Fajr. Yeah, that's a good idea :wink:

Yeah, I think it was waay too vague when I re-read it again. *sigh*

But yeah, Alhamdulillah; congrats that you got it right! It was in Suraah At-Tahreem the ayaat was revealed.

Jazaakum Allaahu khaayraa.

Yes ..

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Ahem! Now what?

Tell you what, since Asja's clues were posted first, let's stick to these and I'll answer and if I'm correct, mine will automatically become the next Inshaa'Allaah!

so ukht, is it Bilal ibn Rabah al-Habashi?

If yes, look for clues in my previous post. BaarakAllaahu feeki.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
- Editted -

I don't really see the problem now. I answered Sister Asja clues so mine can be answered without anything going wrong. No harm done Inshaa'Allaah.

I repeat the clues:

1) She migrated for the sake of Allaah and was tested with a real tough test after migration.
2) She gave 50 mikthal's out of her mahr when she got married, to the person who informed her of the marriage proposal and Khalid ibn Said ibn al-Aas was her wakil.
3) After her wedding, a lady told her she has accepted Islam and asked her of something that when the Prophet:saw:was told about, made him very happy.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ I don't know, and if I'm entirely honest I hardly get much time to read anymore, I want to know the answer though ..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Umm Habiba radiAllaahu anha, after she migrated to Abyssinia, her husband rejected Islaam and believed in Christianity, this was her severe trial.