The Hijabi

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
To all the sisters who cover up to please Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and do as He has commanded.

I cover my body so satan doesn't stare
Protect myself from all the glare
I save it for the one I love
You can shout and swear
But I cannot hear
Because of my pride in my belief
I am not shameless like you to reveal
Modesty prevents me from being rude
And I could never be crude
I am protected wherever I go
So follow me if you want to be like me

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
There is the Islamic idea of hijaab, and our cultural practices that sometimes tie in, then there is the western perception, and nowadays, the increasingly modern and recurrent idea of hijaab, the latter which is a mere disgrace. My recent reading of a few articles on the place for hijaab and its styles in the global fashion industry has left me wondering about the Muslim woman's desire to fit in to a society that has never embraced her, yet she moulds herself into something other than what she truly stands for, simply to entertain the colour and the glamour and the ideas at large. This is not a rant, have a read, and if you're interested, the relevant articles too.

http://muslimvillage.com/2013/08/28/42946/muslim-hijabistas-generate-growing-fashion-buzz/

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Yes, I hear what you say. For example here in the UAE and throughout the Arab world there are fashion shows where women who just put on a head covering then parade down the catwalk 'sashaying' as if it is Islamic. Also there are women here who wear revealing clothes but just cover their head.

Italiano

Assalam Aleykum.
Thanks for sharing with us your beautiful poem, brother.
I must agree with you, that kind of muslim girls, who cover the head, revealing their bodies wearing inappropriate clothes, are very common in these days, as I can see here in Italy. The sad thing is that most of these "hijabi dolls" don't care about it. It's like they were "brainwashed" by evil media - you know what I mean. They say: <<Ok, I wear the hijab, so in exchange I can freely wear tiny shirts, skinnyjeans, high heels>>.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam

Well bro let's focus on the women who DO cover fully Alhamdulilah. You know whenever a woman wants to take off her hijab to look like a Westerner she will be replaced by ten others who will put on the hijab Alhamdulilah. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala do not need them but they need Him.

Let's not be bitter about it but acknowledge that there are millions of women who cover up for the sake of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.