The Largest Publisher of the Fazaail-e-Amaal makes Tawbah

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Special Report by Sajid A Kayum - Dated 29/12/2002

Interview of MUHAMMED ANAS SAHEB - THE OWNER OF IDARA ISHAAT E DINIYAAT, The Largest Publisher of the Fazaail-e-Amaal makes Tawbah

EXCERPTS FROM THE INTERVIEW
===============================

Brother Muhammed Anas said, "When I needed to know about everyday rulings, I referred back to the hanafi fiqh because that was the environment we were brought up in. So when we referred to those books no references were found in them, just the sayings of some aalim and this seemed to me as if he was saying something from himself and I could not (satisfactorily) accept it. So I began to research because the rulings should be with references to the Hadeeth they are based upon. Thereafter I searched for books and read them, only to find a big difference between rulings of the (hanafi) Maslak (way) and the Quraan and the Sunnah."

Note: Here the Hanafi Maslak (in common language) is used to refer to the way which includes the blind-following of the later Hanafis, adherence to the school of deoband and its scholars, to the Deobandi version of soofism and to Maturidism in beliefs.

… "I am facing a number of difficulties and I ask Allah to grant me steadfastness. Since I have started upon this way (of the book and sunnah) and we stay in a society where the (Deobandi) maslak is followed, every one looks at me with suspicion (or with dislike) as if I have committed a great crime. I have only tried to learn the Quraan and the Sunnah and to act upon it. My relatives and those who are close to me have turned their faces away from me, except for a few. Even if I try to meet them they speak to me in a strange way and when I got my son married according to the Quraan and the Sunnah in February and did not arrange for the marriage procession and other formalities, my relatives are still angry on me. I only sent a car so that my daughter-in-law could come to the home."

He mentioned that he heard some Cds which spoke of the Hijaab. "When I heard them tears rolled off my eyes and I began to ponder as to what we had been doing until now, our lives have gone and we have not been able to do anything. After this Al-Hamdulillah we began to implement proper Hijaab in the home as it should be implemented according to the shareeah where the Hijaab is done from the husband's brothers."

When asked about the sources that helped him towards the way of the Quraan and the Sunnah, br. Muhammed Anas mentioned our website http://www.quransunnah.com and the names of the four scholars, Shaikh Ataa Allah Daerwi, Shaikh Safiur-Rehman Mubarakpuri, Shaikh Meraaj Rabbani (Hafizahumullah) and Shaikh Badiuddeen Rashidi (Rahimahumullah). He said, "I heard their tapes and liked them a lot. Whatever they say, they say in light of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah."

When asked if he was involved in spreading the true dawah of the Quraan and the Sunnah, he said, "I wish to do a lot so that the wrong things that have spread amongst the people come to an end. To start with I have prepared a list of books that I used to sell in the bookshop (he mentions various books). One of the books I used to keep was Aamaal Quraani (cures from the Quraan) while believing that they were cures from the Quraan and it would not have any (incorrect) statements, but then I heard one of the lectures of Shaikh Meraaj Rabbani (with a quote from the Aamaal Quraani) and I check the copy I had with me, I felt ashamed and very hurt and asked the staff not to sell it at all. Thereafter, I stopped selling the many other books on Soofism that are full of Shirk and Bidah."

---------------------------------------------------

NOTE: It is mentioned in Aamaal-e-Qur'aani, p. 134 by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi [published by Jasim Book Depot, Urdu Bazaar, Jama Masjid, Delhi] that if a woman has excessive menstrual bleeding, the verse (Surah Al-'Imran: 3:144) should be written on three different pieces of paper, one tied on her right and the other on her left and the third piece of paper with the Qur'aanic verse to be hung below the naval. This verse of the Qur'aan, "Muhammad (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful." [Surah Al-'Imran: 3:144] -

See the Article, "Excerpts from the Shameless writting of Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi - A Selection of Quotes from Aamaal-e-Quraani"

---------------------------------------------------

Interviewer : What are the difficulties that you are facing after coming to the way of the Ahlul-Hadeeth

Brother Muhammed Anas replied, "When I started to keep those books that are in accordance with the Quraan and the Sunnah, and we are in a society with people of a different view, and on the books is mentioned the word Salafi or there is something else with indicated that the books are of another school of thought - the people do not buy those books. In Delhi there is a center by the name "Allama Ibn Baaz Center" from where I ordered some books since they were good but no one would buy them because the author was Dr Luqmaan "Salafi". These are the problems I faced."

Interviewer: Have you accepted the way of the Ahlul-hadeeth alone, or have you family members changed too?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "My wife, my children al-Hamdulillah pray in accordance with the Quraan and the Sunnah. We also hold a session of 15 minutes to read from books, like we have read from the Book of Salaat by Shaikh Kailani"

Interviewer : Earlier you informed me about your daughter and problems faced by her. Are they because of the fact that she has started performing Raf al-Yadain?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "Yes, what else can it be? They do not consider it (Raf al-Yadain) to be from the Sunnah even though I have shown them proofs. And I gave them photo copies from the books of Maulana Abdul-Hayy Lakhnawi and Imaam Muhammad stating that the Raf al-Yadain is proven and is from Sunnah. But they are so blind in their sight that they cannot understand. How much ever you explain to them, they do not understand"

Note: Raf al-Yadain is to raise the hand in prayer before the Ruku and after the Ruku. Raf al-Yadain is a Sunnah proven by Mutawathir Ahaadeeth, but because there is extreme following of Madhhabs in the sub-continents, the people are ordered by the Madhhabi ulema to ignore those hadeeth. Often a fiqh issue like Raf al-Yadain serves as a stepping stone towards breaking the barrier of Taqleed and opens the way for correction of other matters of belief and worship.

Interviewer: How do you feel having left the way of Shirk and Bidah towards the Straight Path and Tawheed. Is your heart content?

Brother Muhammed Anas , "Yes, definitely I feel total contentment to the extent that if I were to die today, I have great hope that Allah will have mercy on me. And whatever little I have done to follow the Sunnah will be accepted by Allah. I have complete hope in Allah. I have contentment as clear as a mirror Al-hamdulillah.

Interviewer: Since you are mainly dealing with books, has you change affected you business relations and income in any way?

Brother Muhammed Anas , "Yes, of course. Since I have stopped printing Fazaail-e-Sadaqat and Fazaail-e-Hajj, which I used to print in 4 languages; Urdu, Hind, English French, and they sell a lot, like the Urdu version sells 5,000 copies in 2 months. So, it is effecting my business but I am not bothered about it Allah forbid even if I was to reach the stage of starvation, I would accept that because the eyes have to close and everyone has to die and we have to give account of everything."

[We ask Allah to bless brother Muhammad Anas in his business and accept his sacrifices]

Interviewer : You have seen that the book which you had been selling till now (i.e. the Fazaail Aamal) has many statements of Shirk in it. Somewhere a pious person is receiving knowledge of the unseen, somewhere it is claimed that Allah's Messenger descended from the sky (after his death), somewhere it is said that the hand of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) came out of the grave, while somewhere the leaders of the Tableeghi Jamaat hear the reply of their salaam to the Messenger. Now that you know of these deviant beliefs will you continue with the sale of this book in the different languages.

Brother Muhammed Anas, "No, I consider selling these books a sin. And I say that if I were the sole owner of these books, I would have put them in the sea long back. I would sell something else, but not these books, for now we have stopped Fazaail-e-Sadaqat and Hajj (this is the second part of the Fazaail Aamal and is more deviant than the first) and we plan to stop Fazaail-e-Amal (i.e. the the first part) Insha'Allah."

Interviewer : Tell us about Fazaail-e-Amaal since how long have you been printing it and was it you father who initiated the work?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "My father was the first one to publish this book on off-set printing (since 50 years, they have been printing this book). Initially they were printed as separate booklets like Hiyaakaat-e-Sahabah, Fazaail-e-Namaz, etc. then the booklets were compiled in one volume and then the compilation was named, 'Tableegh-e-Nisaab' It was not named 'Tableegh-e-Nisaab' by Maulana Zakariyah (the author) but it was named as such by my father. Later when some Barelvis objected to it, then its name was changed to 'Fazaail-e-Amaal'

Interviewer: In the end, would you like advice those who are still busy in the publishing and selling of the book?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "I consider the income which comes from the selling and spreading of such books that spoil the Aqeedah is not Halaal. So one should limit himself. There are many books, why not sell authentic books? The stories of parrot and birds, Kabutar Nama (the story of the pigeon) [he is referring to the stories of Khurafaat mentioned by the Soofis in their books as lessons]. When good (authentic) books are available, then these should be spread."

Interviewer: Any of your two brother have accepted the way of the Ahlul-Hadeeth?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "Yes, as I mentioned earlier, my youngest brother who heard the CDs, has begun to perform Raf al-Yadain, He told me, 'Brother if this (Raf al-Yadain) is correct, then why be afraid of following it while it is proved from the Messenger of Allah and is a Sunnah? And he (Allah's Messengers) has practiced it until his death." So, I started (the Raful-Yadain) for he was on the truth'

Interviewer : What message would you like to send to the people of Jamaat Tableegh so as to assist them in seeking the truth?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "It is the duty on every person to seek the teachings of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah and analyze whether their actions are in accordance with the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. This is a general message for everybody."

Interviewer: would you like to convey something to the Ulema of Deoband who compile and spread such books like the book of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi - Aamaal-e-Quraanin?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "Yes, Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi is the author of Aamaal-e-Quraani. But it is not sure whether this book was later attributed to him or he has himself written such things. Allah known best but what I found in them were completely against the Qur'aan and the Sunnah so I have stopped selling it."

Interviewer : It was surely not attributed to him later for if it was later attributed to Maulan Ashraf Ali Thanwi then the Ulama of Deoband would have pointed to the statements have been (incorrectly) attributed to the Maulana but the Ulama of Deoband have always supported it so it is not incorrectly attributed to Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi but it is his own book."

Brother Muhammed Anas, "I was astonished when I read Hikayat-e-Awliya, which is also known as 'Arwah e-Thalatha. In all there are 60-70 books which I have stopped printing and selling."

Interviewer: Have you seen 'Tareekh-e-Mashaaikh-e-Chist' by Maulana Zakariyah?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "I have stopped any orders for that book also. I have also prepared some literature which points towards all such matters in those books. If someone informs me of any such reference, I personally analyze it and if I find anything incorrect I discard it."

Interviewer: The authors of such books from the Ulama of Deoband and the Barelvis, their blind-following does not allow them to return to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, and even after knowing the truth they do not propagate it. What would you advice them?

Brother Muhammed Anas, "The religion reached us through the Sahabah, but if one was to search for books on their seerah (biography) he would not find it. The Mureeds (followers) however write books on (the biographies) of their Pir (mentor) who dies just 100 years back, and even today we do not know the Sahabah."

Note: There are many biographies just on the life of Moulana Ashraf Alee Thanwi and some of them are in 10 volumes.

Interviewer: What is your message to our listeners and especially those who are still struggling to seek the truth? For this cassette of yours will reach them Insha'allah and when they learn that a prominent publisher of these books has made Tawbah before Allah, then this will surely soften their hearts and will encourage them to take the religion from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah.

Brother Muhammed Anas, "Firstly, my message is that analyze all you deeds and verify whether they are in accordance with the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. One should not follow everything what people tell them, and today there are so many books available which do not mention references. So one should research and make sure whether his deeds are correct or incorrect. May Allah grant us the Tawfiq."

End of the Interview

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2:

I find it funny ! Has he turned back from his tawbah ??? Because just a few days ago I was in Delhi and I visited the Idara Ishaat-e-Deenyaat and they are publishing the book again. Maybe they are compromising with the commercial factor or have they sold it to someone else ?

P.S. The interview is from 2002 and I visited them in 2008

CLICK HERE to see for yourself

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salaam Alaykum Brother,

As far as I know Brother Muhammad Anas is still firm on his tawbah...Alhamdulillah!

The book store is not the brother's personal property, It is their family business.

As far as I know he is not involved in it any more(atleast in sales of dodgy aqeedah books)...

We cannot hold him responsible for what goes on there.
Speaciallay after he has tried so much to (as he mentioned in the interview) stop it.

I hope brother now you don't find it funny and pray for the brother to be firm on is tawbah.

Allahu Aa'lam!

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

Thanks for the info but I think I said that in my original post too that he might have sold it to someone but I ddin't know that he left.
Anyways I agree with you and I pray that not only him but every single muslim (me first and foremost) stick to Quran and Sunnah. :SMILY259:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Thanks for the info but I think I said that in my original post too that he might have sold it to someone but I ddin't know that he left.
Anyways I agree with you and I pray that not only him but every single muslim (me first and foremost) stick to Quran and Sunnah. :SMILY259:

Ameen.......

Arfatzafar

Reality behind the curtain is that he was earning the money by publishing fazaile amal for decades without giving any part of gain to markaz nizamuddin or to family members of Hz sh zakariya rh.a. But when the markaz decided to expand the construction work in the premises a large amount was needed. So the committee decided to take some donation from Mr anas and when he was asked to donate he refuted then the committee decided to take the publication- rights from him. And this was enough for him. This man who'd collected the heap of money without ever having been asked to pay some part of the earnings when was asked to show some charity he changed his maslak.