The lives of Sahabah (r.hum)..2

fendi_ibrahim

:bismillah:

To Believe in Paradise & Hell

Hanzalah Katibo Usayyidi, who was one of the holiness's amanuenses (Seribe), reports: We called upon his holiness. He talked about Paradise and Hell in such a way as if we saw them with our own eyes. Then, when I went to my wife and children, I laughed as well as played. At that time I recollected in what condition we were with his holiness. So I came out and met Abu Bakr and said, 'O Abu Bakr!! I have become a hypocrite.' Abu Bakr said, 'What's the matter?' I said, 'When we are with his holiness and he talks to us about Paradise and Hell, it seems as if we saw them with our eyes and when we come out from him, we get engage with our wives and children and agriculture and forget all those things.' Abu Bakr said, 'The same is my condition.'

So we went to the Holy Prophet:saw: and talk to him about this matter. He said, 'O Hanzalah! If you remain in this condition, which you obtain while you were with me, even after reaching your family, then the angels would shake hands with you on your bedsand in the street, but O Hanzalah! this condition is experienced occasionally only'

From the book, Hayat-us-Sahabah (The lives of Sahabah) by Maulana Muhammad Yusof Kandhlawi