The longest Chain with al Bukhaaree

Ibn Uthaymin

Author: Al Haafidh Ibn Hajar al 'Asqalaanee

Reference: Fat`h al Baaree

Abul Yamaan narrated to us, [he said:] Shu’ayb narrated to us on the authority of az Zuhree. [H: different chain] [1] Isma’eel narrated to us, [he said:] [2] my brother narrated to me on the authority of [3] Sulaymaan, on the authority of [4] Muhammad ibn Abee ‘Ateeq, on the authority of [5] ibn Shihaab, on the authority of [6]‘Urwah ibn az Zubayr that [7] Zaynab bint Abee Salamah narrated to him on the authority of [8] Ummu Habeebah bint Abee Sufyaan on the authority of [9] Zaynab bint Jahsh that the Messenger of Allaah - صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ – entered upon her one day in a state of alarm saying:
“There is no deity worthy of worship other than Allaah, woe to the Arabs from an evil that has approached. Today, a breach has opened up in the barricade of Ya-jooj and and Ma-jooj of this size, and he made a circle with his thumb and index finger.

Zaynab bint Jahsh said: ‘I said; O Messenger of Allaah, are we going to be destroyed while there are righteous people among us?’

He said; ‘Yes, if there is a lot of Khabath.’”

[Al Haafidh ibn Hajar states:] All of the individuals in this chain are from Madeenah, and this chain is longer than the one before it by two narrators. It is said that it is the longest chain with al Bukhaaree, it has nine narrators in it. Az Zarkashee erred when he stated that this chain consists of four female companions, it is not so, rather there are only three female companions as I already clarified in the beginning of the ‘Book of Fitan’.