the madhhab followed when answering questions submitted to the site

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
nameofallah.gif

salam.gif

the madhhab followed when answering questions submitted to the site

This issue covers two things:

1 – Rulings on which there is scholarly consensus, in which case we accept that consensus and do not ignore it.

2 – Matters concerning which the scholars differed on the ruling. Here we look at the evidence quoted for the various opinions, and we follow that which is closest to the Qur’aan and Sunnah as it appears to us, following the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
“(And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day”
[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

Referring to Allaah means referring to His Book, and referring to the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) means referring to his Sunnah.

In doing so, we seek the help of the work done by qualified, trustworthy scholars in differentiating between the various opinions and suggesting which are most likely to be correct, such as Imam al-Nawawi, Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, Ibn al-Qayyim, Ibn Katheer, Ibn Rajab al-‘Asqallaani, al-Shawkaani and others; and contemporary scholars such as Muhammad ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mubaarakfoori, Muhammad al-Ameen al-Shanqeeti, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Naasir al-Sa’di, Muhammad Nassir udDeen al 'Albani, ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz and Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy on them all.

And Allaah knows best.

i leave u in care of Allah

<wasalam>

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
wa Alaykum Assalam

gazakum allah khyran 4 ur passing.....

n i wanna clear something Akhi..

1st : about spelling ..

Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mubaarak"P"oori ....the right is Muhammad ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mubaarakfoori ....in arabic is محمد عبد الرحمن المباركفوري ......

================
2nd : about the Madhab we followed All of them ( Shafii,Hanbali,Hanafi,Maliki ) are correct u can chose what's easy on u....

Allaah has made our worship based on His Book and the Sunnah of His Messenger :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The right way is to understand the texts of sharee’ah as they were understood by the Companions of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and their followers among the scholars who are qualified and prominent mujtahids. This includes the imaams whose sincerity, fairness and leadership in religion, knowledge, virtue, goodness and righteousness is a matter of record.

The four imaams and founders of the schools of Islamic fiqh (Imaam Abu Haneefah, Imaam Maalik, Imaam al-Shaafa’i and Imaam Ahmad) – may Allaah have mercy on them all – all followed the texts of the Sharee’ah and their efforts were all focused on teaching and spreading sound Islamic knowledge. All of them were on the right path, and all were devoted followers of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

If mistakes happened, then the Sahaabah made mistakes too. The things to be followed in Sharee’ah are those for which evidence (daleel) is established. In some cases, some scholars may not have known of daleel whilst others did, but this does not mean that their knowledge and ability is to be discredited. All of them were seeking to find and propagate the truth. If a person wants to follow one of the Imaams and adopt his madhhab, then he should follow him in matters for which there is clear, sound daleel, for this is what is required in Islam, but he should not develop partisan or sectarian feelings towards anybody. It is not permissible for the Muslim to believe that he has to follow anybody in all that he says except the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The person who is suitably qualified can examine what the scholars said and see what is supported by sound daleel. The “rank and file” Muslim who does not know how to examine the evidence and weigh it up should follow a scholar whose religious commitment and knowledge he trusts, and act according to his fatwas. And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
===========================

3rd: about Aqeedah..

we followed The Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah

i leave u in care of Allah..

<wasalam>

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

1. Akhi! he is Indian, not Arab and the name comes from a city in India Called Mubarak"P"ur and he himself writes his name with a "P" and Not "F". I understand where you are coming from so please don't worry about the semantics.

2. I am neither advocating following a particular Madhab nor stating that a particular Madhab is right or wrong; I am merely suggesting a fact that the scholars you have mentioned followed "In Principle" the Hanbali Madhab as the evidence given by me (for others to check). Masha'Allah your exaplinations are very good and may Allah (SWT) reward you.

3. Akhi, Your link points to the Aqeedah of the Salaf different to that of Asha'rees or Maturidies; which is the Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah. I understand where you are coming from so please don't worry about the semantics.

My intention was to clarify your note a little further & it has been done.

P.S: 1 is not part of my campaign; you just happened to drop yourself into it Akhi...I havn't started yet; Sorry.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7079

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
1. Akhi! he is Indian, not Arab and the name comes from a city in India Called Mubarak"P"ur and he himself writes his name with a "P" and Not "F". I understand where you are coming from so please don't worry about the semantics.

i know he is Indian..
but i know his name is / Muhammad ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mubaarakfoori
.....cause of i'm Arabian and we call him محمد عبد الرحمن المباركفوري ...

2. I am neither advocating following a particular Madhab nor stating that a particular Madhab is right or wrong; I am merely suggesting a fact that the scholars you have mentioned followed "In Principle" the Hanbali Madhab as the evidence given by me (for others to check). Masha'Allah your exaplinations are very good and may Allah (SWT) reward you.

i know that Akhi,but in my reply i want clear something..Alhamduillah u get it..

3. Akhi, Your link points to the Aqeedah of the Salaf different to that of Asha'rees or Maturidies; which is the Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah. I understand where you are coming from so please don't worry about the semantics.

No. Akhi the Aqeedah of Ahlus-Sunnah is the same name of the Aqeedah of salaf...Alhamduillah

======================
i leave u in care of Allah..

<wasalam>

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I am bored (waiting for a backup to finish) so I will continue the silly argument with you Akhi (for kicks)

1) I know in Arabic "P"akistan is spelled as "B"akistan but the 160 million of the country call it with a "P"...Shaykh (RA) did Spell his name in his native language with a "P" so when you translate it needs to be from "Urdu/Hindi to English" & not "Urdu/Hindi to Arabic to English"...

2) I understand what you are trying to say Akhi.

3) Same thing; two diferent ways of saying it.

Jazakullah Khairun

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
wa Alaykum Assalam

1) I know in Arabic "P"akistan is spelled as "B"akistan but the 160 million of the country call it with a "P"...Shaykh (RA) did Spell his name in his native language with a "P" so when you translate it needs to be from "Urdu/Hindi to English" & not "Urdu/Hindi to Arabic to English"...
:SMILY47: ok Akhi ur the Winner :shake: as u know names may be diff. in spelling ..
but i'm spelling pakistan by "P" :)

<wasalam>

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

No Akhi! You win

I was just trying to joke with you.

By the way my mother comes from UP (India) so because of my family I know how Mubarak"P"ur is spelled; I have read the Arabic "Ar-Raheeq Al-Maktoum " & it does spell the Shaykh in the Arabic way "F"; but the English & Urdu version spell it with a "P"

By the Way! How do you spell "P"akistan with a P in Arabic?

:) :) :)

P.S: More diggin

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
:salam2:

If following mazhab is a straight path, why do people still follow the wrong path?

I follow mazhab shafii by the way. How about you?

wa Alaykum Assalam

Akhi u can followe any Mazhab....
The four imaams and founders of the schools of Islamic fiqh (Imaam Abu Haneefah, Imaam Maalik, Imaam al-Shaafa’i and Imaam Ahmad) – may Allaah have mercy on them all – all followed the texts of the Sharee’ah and their efforts were all focused on teaching and spreading sound Islamic knowledge. All of them were on the right path, and all were devoted followers of the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

<wasalam>

Abuyahya

love for the sake of Allah

Salam calikum, it was fun watching you guys debate, and in the end telling each other that the other is right, lol, this kind of love is only in islam and the best love is the one who loves for the sake of Allah, manshallah i really did enjoy reading ur lil debate and laughed while reading it, never seen people debate so politely, take care bros

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I love Br "islamicfajr" for the sake of Allah & was just having a dig at him...

By the way I noticed in Saudia while shopping that:

1) "Closeup" toothpaste is now sold written as Closeup in Arabic with a "P" {Paa in Urdu as there is NO Paa in Arabic}

2) Nova is written in Arabic with "W; Urdu Symbol" as in Arabic letter "Waa" is used for "V" and "W" sound

3) I also saw the Urdu letter "J'a" like Ja'voudr'e in French; this is a sound between Arabic "Jeem" & "Sheen"

4) And Arabs now pronounce "D"octor" properly; like the Urdu "Daa" instead of Arabic "Taa"

With the utmost respect have a dig at an Arab is another story but I am NOT Happy about this blatant (& ugly) attempt at diluting and pollution Arabic...I actually love it when brothers like islamicfajr mispronounce the names of following two scholars:

1) Shaykh Mubarak"f"upri
2) Dr "F" Abdur-Raheem (Author of Madina University Arabic Books)

This is part of Arabic heritage...

I don't know about you guys but I was NOT happy about this blatant Urdu'istaion of Arabic in Saudi Arabia by Lever Brothers

as a normal muslim we should follow a majhab. and i think its better for a new muslim to choose a majhab ,which will be easier for him to learn.
i mean he used to go in a arabische mosque so he can learn hanbli majhab or if he used to going in a pakistani or bangladeshi mosque so he can learn hanafi majhab.
i think by this way he can learn islam by the right way. if he choose a thing from hanafi and another thing from hanbli ,it means he give cahnce to devil to play with him.

and only big respected shaiyks are allowed , i mean they must not follow a majhab.
but they are so good that they try to also follow these 4 imams (mashallah)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum

as a normal muslim we should follow a majhab. and i think its better for a new muslim to choose a majhab ,which will be easier for him to learn.

It is sufficient for you to be a Muslim who follows the sharee’ah. With regard to Hanbali or Shaafa’i madhhabs, you do not have to restrict yourself to that. Those (four) scholars have a high status that is well known throughout this Ummah; their words were written down and followed by their companions and followers, and became madhhabs that were recognized and known, even though they were agreed on matters of belief and Tawheed. They were also close to one another on minor issues, but it so happened that one of them might be unaware of some evidence (daleel) or its correct interpretation, so he made ijtihaad and issued fatwaas based on his ijtihaad. They did not oblige others to adhere to what they said, but most of those followers adopted sectarian attitudes and restricted themselves to the views of those imaams even if they went against the daleel. They went to great length to interpret the texts in such a manner as to make them agree with what they thought. On this basis, we advise the “rank and file” to call themselves Muslims and to refer problematic issues to respectable scholars and to consult the works of scholars who are known for their sincere devotion to Islam and the Muslims. And Allaah knows best.

al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa Ibn Jibreen, p. 30
Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah are not to be regarded as opposition to the Maalikis, Shaafa’is, Hanbalis and the like, rather they are opposed to the followers of innovated and misguided beliefs and ways such as the Ash’aris, Mu’tazilis, Murji’is, Sufis and so on.

The Hanafis, Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis are schools of fiqh, whose imams are among Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and indeed are among the leaders of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. But unfortunately the followers of most of those madhhabs and schools of fiqh have begun to follow the people of innovation and misguidance in their beliefs, so many of the Shaafa’is and Maalikis have become Ash’aris, and many of the Hanafis have become Maatireedis. But with regard to ‘aqeedah, the Hanbalis – apart from a very few – have been spared the change to something other than the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

The basic principle concerning the Muslim is that he adheres to the Qur’aan and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and those who followed them in guidance. As for following one of these four madhhabs or any other, that is not obligatory or recommended, and the Muslim does not have to adhere to any one of them in particular. Rather the one who adheres to a particular madhhab in every issue is being a partisan who is guilty of blind following. End quote.
Hal al-Muslim mulzim bi Ittibaa’ Madhhab mu’ayyin min al-Madhhab al-Arba’ah? By al-Ma’soomi, p. 38.

There is nothing wrong with following the four schools of fiqh if a Muslim does not have sufficient knowledge to enable him to derive rulings from the Qur’aan and Sunnah himself, but if it becomes clear to him that the correct view is other than that of his madhhab, then he must follow the correct view and not his madhhab.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In the Qur’aan, Allaah condemns the one who turns away from following the Messengers and follows instead the religion invented by his forefathers. This is imitation (taqleed) which is forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger, i.e., following someone other than the Messenger in matters that go against the Messenger. This is haraam for everyone according to the consensus of the Muslims, for there is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator. Obedience to the Messenger is obligatory for every one, elite and common folk alike, at all times and in all places, both inwardly and outwardly, and in all situations… Allaah has enjoined obedience to the Messenger upon all people, in approximately forty places in the Qur’aan.

It is permissible for one who is unable to derive rulings to follow a scholar, according to the majority of scholars… the kind of imitation or following that is forbidden by the texts and according to scholarly consensus is that which goes against the words of Allaah and His Messenger. end quote.

The followers of the salaf are those who adhere to the Qur’aan and Sunnah in their beliefs, fiqh and conduct and do not go against what is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah and what is agreed upon by the salaf of this ummah.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

What is meant by the salafi madhhab is the way of the salaf (early generations) of this ummah, namely the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and prominent imams with regard to issues of ‘aqeedah, sound method, sincere faith and adherence to the beliefs, laws, etiquette and conduct of Islam, unlike the innovators, deviants and those who are confused.
Among the most prominent of those who advocated the madhhab or way of the salaf were the four imams, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his students, Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab and his students, and other reformers and renewers; there is no era when there was not someone who is establishing evidence for the right way.

There is nothing wrong with calling them Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, so as to differentiate between them and the followers of deviant groups. This is not praising oneself, rather it is distinguishing between the people of truth and the people of falsehood. End quote.
Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan, 1/question no. 206.

Based on this, if a man whose religious commitment and character are good proposes marriage to a Muslim woman, then she should accept him even if he does not belong to one of these madhhabs, but if the one who proposes to her is a member of one of the misguided and deviant groups, then she should not accept him.

i leave u All in care of Allah

<wasalam>

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakALLAH khair for replying... It does help... Alhamdulilah. Shukran jazeelan. I couldnt thank you more. May god reward you. Shukran akhi

Wassalam..

Globalpeace

Banned
Taqleed is NOT Optional but it is OBLIGATORY!

W-Salam Brother,

For a laymen Taqleed is OBLIGATORY!

Now people take it to the next level and that's wrong but in general layperson has no choice but to do Taqleed.

By Shaykh al-Uthaymeen
Taken from 'Al-Usool min 'Ilimil Usool' (pp97-104)

Definition of Ijtihaad

Linguistically ijtihaad means: to expend efforts in order to reach some difficult matter.

Technically it means: expending efforts to arrive at a Sharee'ah ruling. And the Mujtahid is the one who expends efforts for this purpose.

Conditions for Ijtihaad

Being a mujtahid has conditions, from them:-

1) That he knows the Sharee'ah proofs which he needs in his ijtihaad - such as the verses and ahaadeeth pertaining to rulings.

2) That he knows what relates to the authenticity or weakness of a hadeeth, such as having knowledge of the isnaad and it's narrators and other than this.

3) That he knows the abrogated and the abrogating, and the places where there is ijmaa - such that he does not give a ruling according to something that has been abrogated, nor give a ruling that opposes the (authentically related) ijmaa.

4) That he knows from the proofs that which causes the rulings to vary, such as takhsees (particularisation), or taqyeed (restriction), or it's like. So he does not give a judgement which is contrary to this.

5) That he knows the Arabic language and usul al-fiqh, and what relates to the meanings and indications of particular wordings - such as the general, the particular, the absolute and unrestricted, the restricted, the unclarified, and the clarified, and it's like - in order that he gives rulings in accordance with what this demands.

6) That he has the ability to extract rulings from the evidences. And ijtihaad may be split up, such that it may be undertaken in one particular branch of knowledge, or in one particular issue.

What is essential for the Mujtahid

It is essential that the Mujtahid strives in expending his efforts to arrive at knowledge of the truth, and to give rulings in accordance to what is apparent to him. If he is correct, then he has two rewards: one for his ijtihaad, and the other for arriving at the truth - since arriving at the truth means that it is manifested and acted upon. If, however, he is mistaken, then he has a single reward, and his error is forgiven him, as the Prophet (saw) said:-

"When a judge judges and strives and is correct, then he has two rewards. If he judges and strives and errs, then he has a single reward." [1]

If the ruling is not clear to him, then he must withold - and in such a case, taqleed is permissible for him, due to necessity.

Taqleed - it's definition

Linguistically, taqleed means: Placing something around the neck, which encircles the neck.

Technically it means: Following he whose saying is not a proof (hujjah).

Excluded from our saying, "following he whose saying is not a proof" is: following the Prophet (saw), following the ijmaa and also following the saying of the Sahaabee - for those who consider the saying of a single sahaabee to be a proof. So following any of these is not called taqleed, since there is a proof for doing so. However this type of following is sometimes referred to as taqleed in a very metaphorical and loose sense.

The Place of Taqleed

Taqleed is done in two cases:

1) when the muqallid is an 'aamee (a common person) who does not have the ability to acquire knowledge of the sharee'ah ruling by himself. So taqleed is obligatory upon him, due to the saying of Allaah - The Most High:-

"Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know."[2]

So he does taqleed of one whom he considers to be a person of knowledge and piety. If there are two such people who are equal in his view, then he chooses any one of them.

2) The mujtahid when he encounters a new situation, for which an immediate solution is required, but it is not possible for him to research into this matter. So in this case he is permitted to perform taqleed.

Some stipulate as a condition for the permissibility of taqleed, that the matter is not from the fundamentals of the Deen - those matters which must be held as aqeedah - since matters of aqeedah require certainty, whereas taqleed only amounts to dhann (knowledge which is not certain).

However the correct saying in this matter is that this is not a condition, due to the generality of

His - the Most High's - saying:-

"Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know."

And this verse is in the context of affirming the Messengership - which is from the fundamentals of the Deen. And also because the أ¢â‚¬ثœaamee cannot acquire knowledge of the Sharee'ah rulings with it's proofs by himself. So if he is unable to arrive at the truth by himself, then nothing remains for him except taqleed, due to the saying of Allaah - the Most High:-

"Fear Allaah as much as you can." [3]

Types of Taqleed

Taqleed is of two types: general and specific.

The general type: that a person sticks to a particular madhhab (school of thought), accepting it's concessions and non-concessions, in all matters of the Deen.

The scholars have differed about such a state. So some amongst the late-comers have reported that this is obligatory upon him, due to his inability to perform ijtihaad. Others report it as being forbidden for him, due to its being a case of necessitating unrestricted following of other than the Prophet (saw).

Shaykh al-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah (d.728H) said:-

"The saying that it is obligatory, causes obedience to other than the Prophet (saw) in every matter of command and prohibition, and this is in opposition to the ijmaa'. And allowance of it contains what it contains."

He rahimahullaah also said,

"He who sticks to a particular madhhab, and then acts in opposition to it - without making taqleed of another scholar who has given him a ruling, nor does he use an evidence as a proof which necessitates acting in opposition to his madhhab, nor does he have an acceptable Sharee'ah excuse which allows him to do what he has done - then such a person is a follower of his desires, doing what is haraam - without a Sharee'ah excuse - and this is evil and sinful.

However, if there becomes clear to him, something which necessitates preference to one saying to another - either due to detailed proofs if he knows and understands them, or because he holds one of two people to be more knowledgeable about this matter and having more piety with regards to what he says - and so he leaves the saying of that one for the saying of the other one, then this is permissible, rather, it is obligatory. And there is a text from Imaam Ahmad rahimahullaah about this."

The particular type: that a person accepts a saying about a particular matter.

This is permissible if such a person is unable to arrive at knowledge of the truth by ijtihaad - whether he is unable in reality, or he is able, but with great difficulty.

Fatwaa of a Muqallid
Allaah - the Most High - said:-

"Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know."

And the Ahludh-Dhikr are the Ahlul Ilm (the people of knowledge), whereas the muqallid is not a person of knowledge who is followed - rather he himself is a follower of someone else.

Ibn Abdul Barr (d.463) and others have said:-

"The people are united in ijmaa that the muqallid is not counted as being from the Ahlul Ilm, and that knowledge is the realisation of guidance along with it's proof." [4]

Ibn al-Qayyim said:-

"And it is as Abu Umar (ibn Abdul Barr) said: Indeed, the people do not differ about the fact that knowledge is the realisation attained from proof, but without a proof, it is only taqleed." [5]

Ibn al-Qayyim then quotes:-

"There are three sayings about the permissibility of giving fatwaa based upon taqleed:

Firstly, it is not permissible to give fatwaa based upon taqleed, because it is not knowledge; since issuing a fatwaa without knowledge is forbidden. This is the saying of most of the Hanbalee scholars and the majority of the Shaafi'iyya. [6]

Secondly, that it is permissible with regards to himself, but it is not permissible to give a fatwaa to others based upon taqleed.

Thirdly, that it is permissible when there is a need for it, and there is no mujtahid scholar. And this is the most correct of the sayings and is what is acted upon."

Shaykh al-Albaanee says, The Hadeeth is a Proof in itself after mentioning the statements of the Imaams on Taqleed as found in the introduction to 'The Prophets Prayer Described' brings a chapter heading, 'Taqleed for whoever cannot search for proofs by himself.' (pp94+),

'"Some may ask: "Not everyone has the ability to be a Person of Knowledge, as explained before?" We say: yes indeed. No one disputes this fact. Allaah said:-

"Ask the People of Knowledge if you do not know."

Allah also says:-

"Ask the knowledgeable about it." (25:59).

The Prophet (saw), for those who issued fatwa without knowledge said:-

"Could not they have asked if they did know? The cure for the confused one is to ask."

However, we did not mention all of the above evidence to show who can and who cannot be a scholar. Our research is with regards to those few who are considered to be People of Knowledge. Taqleed is upon the common person and the ignorant one. The scholars, who can search for the evidence, are excluded from this group. They are the ones whose responsibility is not to do Taqleed. Rather, their responsibility is to perform Ijtihaad."

The following saying by Ibn Abdul Barr explains this matter further:-

"All these rules are for the common folk, they are the ones who have to perform Taqleed of their scholars when needed. They are not capable of understanding or comprehending evidence or knowledge. Knowledge has grades, one cannot attain the topmost grade unless he goes via the base. Scholars do not differ with regards to the common folk having to follow their scholars."

However, I believe that to generalise about the common folk by saying that they all must perform taqleed is invalid. Taqleed is to follow others without evidence. Many intelligent people can clearly understand evidence if it is presented to them. Who can deny that a common person can understand the evidence contained in the hadeeth:-
"Tayammum is one strike (of the hands on the dust) for the face and hands."

Even people lacking intelligence can understand this hadeeth.

Therefore, the truth is that we must say that Taqleed is allowed for whosoever cannot search for or understand the evidence, Ibn al-Qayyim also was of this opinion. Even scholars are forced to do Taqleed sometimes, when a scholar cannot find a text from Allaah or His Messenger (saw), but only sayings of more knowledgeable scholars.

Footnotes:

[1] Bukhari (13/318) & Muslim (no.1716)

[2] Surah an-Nahl: 43

[3] Surah at-Taghaabun:16

[4] Jaami' Bayaanul-'Ilm wa Fadlihi [2/119]. And Allaamah al-Fulaanee says in his, 'Eeqaadh Hamam Oolil Absaar' (pg. 25), "....ilm refers only to what is in Allaah's Book, and the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger (saw) and the ijmaa and what is gained by qiyaas upon these sources....It does not refer to what the muqallids and the people of party spirit regard as ilm - in their restricting ilm to refer to that which is written in the books of the opinions of the madhaahib - even though some of that clashes with the Prophetic ahaadeeth.."

ash-Shaatibee says in 'al-Muwaafiqaat' (4/293), "the muqallid is not an aalim." And it occurs in the books of the Hanafees that the ignorant one is not allowed to take the post of Qadee (judge). And ibn al-Hammaan explains the ignorant one to be the Muqallid in 'Fath al-Qadeer' (5/456) and likewise ibn Wazeer in 'Rawdah al-Baasim' (1/36).

[5] (I'laamul-Muwaqqi'een [1/7])

[6] Imaaam ash-Shafi'ee said in his 'Risalah' (pg.39): "It is not permissible for anyone to ever to say about anything that it is halaal or haraam except upon knowledge. And this knowledge is what is related in the Book, or the Sunnah or Ijmaa or Qiyaas."

Assalam Alaykum

'Ahabbakal-lathee 'ahbabtanee lahu.

May He for Whose sake you love me, love you.

bark Allah Feek Akhi.......

It is sufficient for you to be a Muslim who follows the sharee’ah. With regard to Hanbali or Shaafa’i madhhabs, you do not have to restrict yourself to that. Those (four) scholars have a high status that is well known throughout this Ummah; their words were written down and followed by their companions and followers, and became madhhabs that were recognized and known, even though they were agreed on matters of belief and Tawheed. They were also close to one another on minor issues, but it so happened that one of them might be unaware of some evidence (daleel) or its correct interpretation, so he made ijtihaad and issued fatwaas based on his ijtihaad. They did not oblige others to adhere to what they said, but most of those followers adopted sectarian attitudes and restricted themselves to the views of those imaams even if they went against the daleel. They went to great length to interpret the texts in such a manner as to make them agree with what they thought. On this basis, we advise the “rank and file” to call themselves Muslims and to refer problematic issues to respectable scholars and to consult the works of scholars who are known for their sincere devotion to Islam and the Muslims. And Allaah knows best.

al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa Ibn Jibreen, p. 30
Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah are not to be regarded as opposition to the Maalikis, Shaafa’is, Hanbalis and the like, rather they are opposed to the followers of innovated and misguided beliefs and ways such as the Ash’aris, Mu’tazilis, Murji’is, Sufis and so on.

The Hanafis, Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis are schools of fiqh, whose imams are among Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, and indeed are among the leaders of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. But unfortunately the followers of most of those madhhabs and schools of fiqh have begun to follow the people of innovation and misguidance in their beliefs, so many of the Shaafa’is and Maalikis have become Ash’aris, and many of the Hanafis have become Maatireedis. But with regard to ‘aqeedah, the Hanbalis – apart from a very few – have been spared the change to something other than the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

The basic principle concerning the Muslim is that he adheres to the Qur’aan and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and those who followed them in guidance. As for following one of these four madhhabs or any other, that is not obligatory or recommended, and the Muslim does not have to adhere to any one of them in particular. Rather the one who adheres to a particular madhhab in every issue is being a partisan who is guilty of blind following. End quote.
Hal al-Muslim mulzim bi Ittibaa’ Madhhab mu’ayyin min al-Madhhab al-Arba’ah? By al-Ma’soomi, p. 38.

There is nothing wrong with following the four schools of fiqh if a Muslim does not have sufficient knowledge to enable him to derive rulings from the Qur’aan and Sunnah himself, but if it becomes clear to him that the correct view is other than that of his madhhab, then he must follow the correct view and not his madhhab.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In the Qur’aan, Allaah condemns the one who turns away from following the Messengers and follows instead the religion invented by his forefathers. This is imitation (taqleed) which is forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger, i.e., following someone other than the Messenger in matters that go against the Messenger. This is haraam for everyone according to the consensus of the Muslims, for there is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator. Obedience to the Messenger is obligatory for every one, elite and common folk alike, at all times and in all places, both inwardly and outwardly, and in all situations… Allaah has enjoined obedience to the Messenger upon all people, in approximately forty places in the Qur’aan.

It is permissible for one who is unable to derive rulings to follow a scholar, according to the majority of scholars… the kind of imitation or following that is forbidden by the texts and according to scholarly consensus is that which goes against the words of Allaah and His Messenger. end quote.

The followers of the salaf are those who adhere to the Qur’aan and Sunnah in their beliefs, fiqh and conduct and do not go against what is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah and what is agreed upon by the salaf of this ummah.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

What is meant by the salafi madhhab is the way of the salaf (early generations) of this ummah, namely the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and prominent imams with regard to issues of ‘aqeedah, sound method, sincere faith and adherence to the beliefs, laws, etiquette and conduct of Islam, unlike the innovators, deviants and those who are confused.
Among the most prominent of those who advocated the madhhab or way of the salaf were the four imams, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his students, Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab and his students, and other reformers and renewers; there is no era when there was not someone who is establishing evidence for the right way.

There is nothing wrong with calling them Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, so as to differentiate between them and the followers of deviant groups. This is not praising oneself, rather it is distinguishing between the people of truth and the people of falsehood. End quote.
Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan, 1/question no. 206.

Based on this, if a man whose religious commitment and character are good proposes marriage to a Muslim woman, then she should accept him even if he does not belong to one of these madhhabs, but if the one who proposes to her is a member of one of the misguided and deviant groups, then she should not accept him.

i leave u All in care of Allah

<wasalam>

maryama

Asalamu Aleykom all

If following mazhab is a straight path, why do people still follow the wrong path?

I follow mazhab shafii by the way. How about you?

Asalamu Alaykom wrwb

That is a good question. If you really think about, you will know that what makes people to follow the wrong path is the shaytan. He makes things look good and nice and only a person who have studied islam, quran, and the hadiths of rasulullah will know what the shaytan is saying is wrong and against islam. I'm not saying that everyone can win over the shaytan but we can know somtimes that shaytan is telling us somthing that is bad with Allah's help.
Somone who doesn't know anything about islam will not know what path is right and what path is wrong.
I am open to anyone who wants to correct me or spelling.By the way, we learn from our mistakes, thats why we are call insi (human)

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

Jazaka Allah khayran brother for this information.

''They did not oblige others to adhere to what they said, but most of those followers adopted sectarian attitudes and restricted themselves to the views of those imaams even if they went against the daleel''.....

It is true, we can learn all madhabs, and avoid secterian attitudes...

Baraka Allah feek...

:wasalam:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

Jazaka Allah khayran brother for this information.

''They did not oblige others to adhere to what they said, but most of those followers adopted sectarian attitudes and restricted themselves to the views of those imaams even if they went against the daleel''.....

It is true, we can learn all madhabs, and avoid secterian attitudes...

Baraka Allah feek...

:wasalam:

Wa Alaykum Assalam..

yes Akhi..

bark Allaah feek Akhi

<wasalam>

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

We should not restrict ourself to one mazhab when there is a stronger daleel elsewhere, inshAllah

Amatul-Rahmaan

assallaamu alaikum,

jazakAllaahu khair 4 ths as im new muslim people keep tell'n mi i should b hanafi bla bla....
subhana'Allaah 3 months iv been a muslimah & th only person i want 2 blind follow is Muhammad sallAllaahu alayhi wasallaam so wat eva the Qur'aan & authentic sunnah seh regardless which imaam has an evidence may Allaah hve mercy upon thm all, thn tht is wat i myself will bi'idnillaah follow .

BarakAllaahu fi..
amatul-Rahmaan