The Methodology of the Salaf Concerning Ijtihad and Taqlid

Hammy

Banned
This is off-topic, but since you are the only scholar of Islam to have ever lived:

1. The Prophet never commanded for this activity. You'll never find any such Hadith where he told anybody to do this.

2. Do you join ankles to the next person in Sujood and Jalsah as well?

3. In Sunan Abi Dawud:
فرأيت الرجل يلزق منكبه بمنكب صاحبه, وركبته بركبة صاحبه, وكعبه بكعبه
Do you join your knees to the next person as well? Good luck.

4. Do you know that the word 'neck' as also come in a narration? What type of neck do you have that clings onto the neck of the next person?

5. When you are in Sujood and sitting, do you join your ankles to the next person?

Huh! am i talking about ankles or foot? and than you are advising others how to offer Salaah... all 5 points are useless as you are again twisting your way out from the question by throwing useless stuff... well there is "No" Luck factor in Islam... this is only considered by the Biddati's who always believe in their Luck, and advise others bad or good luck just like you did... :SMILY61:

Ershad

Wassalam

2. Beard - there is a valid difference of opinion in cutting beyond one fist length.

:salam2:

Sorry, I was talking about shaving of beard. I recently heard another opinion. It is of Shafii madhab. It is said that shaving beard is makruh and not haraam. This opinion is attributed to Imam al-Nawawi and some more. I don't know much about the madhab. But, can this be considered a valid difference of opinion?

Baarakallahu feekum

Harris Hammam

Wassalam

Sorry, I was talking about shaving of beard. I recently heard another opinion. It is of Shafii madhab. It is said that shaving beard is makruh and not haraam. This opinion is attributed to Imam al-Nawawi and some more. I don't know much about the madhab. But, can this be considered a valid difference of opinion?

Baarakallahu feekum
I haven't studied the Shafi`i position, or what you are referring to, in depth to be able to speak about it.

I apologise. You'll have to find someone else for clarification, preferably a trained Shafi`i scholar or student.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

Baarakallahu feekum

i have heard similar thing, that Imam Shafi himself was of the opinion that it is haram to cut the beard but over time the madhab developed it was said that shaving beard is makruh and not haraam Please explain this a lil

JazakAllah khair

Harris Hammam

An acquaintance speaking on the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-SlkbM182Ro

[yt]-SlkbM182Ro[/yt]

He also does IslamQA on Islam Channel in the UK, Sky Channel 823
Here is the full lecture, I advise everyone to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fisz2HRhLYc

And please don't ask me about why he said what he said on some matters of Aqeedah later on in the lecture, because that would be off-topic and you can discuss it on another thread. Yes I would disagree with him on that specific point, but the point of this lecture is Taqleed. Please listen to it carefully.