The Month of Ramadaan

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

attachment.php

As-salam Alaykum Wa-rahmatullahi Wa-barakatuh

The Month of Ramadaan

A reminder about Ramadaan; its legislation and rewards. Aboo Hakeem Bilaal Davis expounds upon the virtues of ‘the month of taqwaa’ over this twenty-seven minute khutbah.

Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic stated,

“Verily, the number of months with Allaah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allaah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred, (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islaamic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein, and fight against the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah) collectively, as they fight against you collectively. But know that Allaah is with those who are Al-Muttaqoon).”
[Sooratut-Tawbah, 9:36]

And,

The month of ramadaan in which was revealed the Qur'aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of ramadaan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar; Allaah is the Most Great) on seeing the crescent of the months of ramadaan and Shawwal] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.” [Sooratul-Baqarah 2:185]

Also,

“O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon.”
[Sooratul-Baqarah 2:183]

Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet :saw: (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)" [1]

Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet :saw:(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, "Whoever established prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allaah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven; and whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping for a reward from Allaah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."[2]

States Aboo Hakeem Bilaal Davis, “How many times ikhwaan, do we hear the people say ‘I can not fast the thirty days of Ramadaan, leaving alone food and drink’ but how many days to they wake up and chasing the desires of the dunyaa, not eating any breakfast, chasing the affairs of this world and not eating any lunch, and sunset approaching and not even having drank a cup of tea, how many days, how many times of the week? Following after the affairs of the dunyaa, while the one who fasts for Allaah, forsakes his food and his drink, his stomach and his desires for Allaah,

Aboo Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet :saw:(sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,"Allaah said, 'All the deeds of Adam's sons (people) are for them, except fasting which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it.' Fasting is a shield or protection from the fire and from committing sins. If one of you is fasting, he should avoid sexual relation with his wife and quarrelling, and if somebody should fight or quarrel with him, he should say, 'I am fasting.' By Him in Whose Hands my soul is' The unpleasant smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. There are two pleasures for the fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord; then he will be pleased because of his fasting."[3]

…When a person stands for salaah, he stands and people see him, when he gives zakaah, someone knows that he gave zakaah, when he performs hajj, he performs hajj with millions of others, when he fasts, no one knows if anything has entered his stomach except him and Allaah...”

//////////////////////////
==============
Footnotes:
==============
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

[1] Related by al-Bukhaaree, (31/1789).
[2] Related by al-Bukhaaree, (31/1787).
[3] Related by al-Bukhaaree, (31/1790).
===============
<wasalam alaykum>