The Passion of Eesa-Evidence of muhammed in the bible

BrotherZak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k-c7HWyfPE

--- Please watch the clip, note mel gibson in his attempt to maintain his authenticity, used aramaic as opposed to greek.

"This latter statement is rendered in Aramaic as “Al teeth khalone, heefe Munahma -- Bi hoda kashta bi Allah.” First of all, notice the word “Allah” used for God -- Not Yahweh, Jehovah, Adonai, Krishna, or Buddha, but ALLAH. This is what Jesus himself called God by admission of Christian scholars. Secondly, this verse is a prophecy of someone who will come after Jesus. In the context of the Gospel of John, Jesus is referring to the coming of the Paraklaytos, or Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Counselor, Intercessor, etc.). This person is believed by Christians to be the Holy Ghost or Spirit. But how can the Helper be the Holy Spirit to come AFTER Jesus when we are informed in many places throughout the Gospels of the presence of the Holy Spirit playing an active role DURING the lives of Jesus, John, Elizabeth, and others? Does this mean that Jesus was devoid of the Holy Spirit during his ministry? (See Chapter 6 of “In Defense of Islam”).

We are told in the Qur'an: “And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: ‘O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of God sent to you, confirming the Law which came before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad (Most Praised)'” (al-Saff 61:6). So here's the million dollar question: Why does the movie call the Helper “Munahma” when the Pshitta (Aramaic) Version of the New Testament calls him “Paraqlata?” -- A Greek word given a Semitic twist? How did they come up with this word “Munahma?” And more importantly, what on earth does it mean?

It would have been quite ridiculous for an Aramaic/Syriac-speaking Jesus to suddenly utter a Greek word for no apparent reason. Therefore, Gibson thought it best to find an Aramaic equivalent for the Hellenistic Paraqlata in order to keep the flow and content of the movie consistent. He did not have to look any further than the Syriac lectionary which renders the Greek Paraklaytos as the Semitic Munahma.

According to a sound tradition (sahih hadith), the name of the final Messenger of God on earth is Muhammad while his name in the heavens is Ahmad. These names mean “Praised One” and “Most Praised” (superlative) respectively. At first glance, the word Munahma appears to be a combination of the names MUhammad and AHMAd. The nature of the teaching of Christ was purely spiritual, although he confirmed and practiced the laws and commandments that were revealed before him. Therefore, it is only natural that Jesus (upon whom be peace) used the spiritual name of the final Messenger of God when speaking of his advent, which is of course indicative of his heavenly station as mutashaf'ee, or Intercessor, the very word that the Roman Catholic Version (RCV) of the Bible uses to translate Paraklaytos. He said “Ahmad,” or rather its Syriac pronunciation MUNAHMA. Both of these words are derived from the archaic tri-literal HMD (hemed) root also called the “praise root.”

When the Children of Israel returned from Babylonian captivity (around 537 BCE), God revealed unto his Prophet Haggai: “And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts” (Haggai 2:7). The New Jerusalem Bible renders the phrase “desire of all nations” as “the Desired of all nations;” the significance of this is obvious. The translators, who claim to be in agreement with the authors of the Greek Septuagint (250 BCE), believe that a definite concrete PERSON is being announced here and not just some abstract or figurative idea or entity. The phrase in its original Hebrew reads: “ve yavu Himdoth kol haggoyim.” -- “And the Himdah (the most Desired, Beloved, Coveted, Praised) of all nations shall come here.” Hence the Hebrew HIMDAH and Arabic AHMAD have identical meanings and are derived from a common root word. This fact cannot be ignored.

In the Songs of Songs 5:16, “the Beloved” is identified as “altogether lovely.” The verse reads: “His mouth is most sweet, he is altogether lovely, and he is my friend; O ye daughters of Jerusalem” (Songs of Songs 5:16; see article entitled “Prophecy by Name” on this site). The original Hebrew renders the phrase by a single word: Machammadim. When the royal plural is removed, we are left with Machammad. -- A word derived from the verb “hamad” meaning to love, covet, desire, praise. Need I say more? The verse should have read: “His mouth is most sweet, he is Muhammad, and he is my friend; O ye daughters of Jerusalem” (Songs of Songs 5:16).

The evidence demands a verdict (to use the language of the evangelist Joshua McDowell). Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) is not only described in the Biblical text, but is identified by name. The etymological similarity between the names Munahma and Ahmad (Syriac and Arabic respectively) leaves not a shadow of doubt regarding this truth. I challenge any Christian or Jew to prove me otherwise."

Source: http://www.voiceforislam.com/BlunderOfThePassion.html