The People of Heaven

xAllahKnowsBestx

rainbow_elm_tree.jpg

Shuaib narrated that the Prophet :saw: said:

"When the people of Heaven enter Heaven, Allah would say: Do you want anything more that I may give?" They would say, "Did You not make our faces shine? Did You not admit us to Paradise? Did You not save us from the Fire?"

Then.....

The Veil will be removed, and behold: there is nothing that they were given which would be dearer to them than looking at their Lord.

Ayanle

will we actually be able to see allah? i can't believe that! what would he look like when he's formless, spaceless and shapeless but just a "spirit"?

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

How happy you have made me with your post !!

May Allah Azzawajal forgive us and let us enter Jannah and have the happiness of meeting Him !! Aameen...

Abû Hurayrah relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah says: ‘Every deed of the child of Adam is for himself, except for fasting. It is for Me and I shall reward it.’ Fasting is a shield, so if it is a day of fasting for any one of you, then he should engage in no obscenity or shouting. If anyone belittles him or fights with him, he should just say ‘I am a person who is fasting’. I swear by Him in whose hand is Muhammad’s soul, the smell of the fasting person’s breath is sweeter to Allah on the Day of Judgment than that of musk. The fasting person has two occasions for joy, one when he breaks his fast because of his breaking it and the other when he meets his Lord because of the reward for his fast.”

[ Sahîh al-Bukhârî (7492) and Sahîh Muslim (1151) ]

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
will we actually be able to see allah? i can't believe that! what would he look like when he's formless, spaceless and shapeless but just a "spirit"?

As-salaamu'Alaykum, (I thought I would provide some additional information)

Yes brother those that will be admitted into Jannah (and Subhaan'Allaah, we ask Allah that He includes us among the inhabitants by having mercy on us, Ameen) will see Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) the Almighty:

One the Day of Resurrection, the believers will be able to see their Lord. The greatest delight that they will be given in Paradise will be looking upon the face of the Mighty and Generous Lord, Exalted be He.

This greatest blessing will be denied to the disbelievers:

Nay! Surely, they (evil doers) will be veiled from seeing their Lord that
Day.

(Qur’aan 83: 15)

But those whom Allah (The Exalted), has chosen and made their faces beautiful, they will not be veiled or deprived:

Some faces that Day shall Naadirah (shining and radiant). Looking at their Lord (Allah).

(Qur’an 75: 22-23)

There are the Abraar (righteous):

Verily, Al-Abraar (the pious believers of Islamic Monotheism) will be in Delight (Paradise). On throns, looking (at all things).

(Qur'aan 83: 22-23)

This looking at His Noble Face is the ziyaadah (“even more,” additional) which is promised to the believers:

For those who have done good is the best reward and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allah)...

(Qur’aan 10: 26)

And it is the mazeed (more) referred to in the aayah (verse):

There they will have all that they desire and We have more (for them, i.e. a glance at the All-Mighty, All-Majesty)

(Qur’aan 50: 35)

There are mutawaatir ahaadeeth which clearly state this. It is reported from Abu Hurayrah that some people said to the Messenger of Allah :saw:

“O’ Messenger of Allah, will we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?”

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“Do you doubt that you can see the moon on the night when it is full?”

They said,

“No, O’ Messenger of Allah.”

He said,

“Do you doubt that you can see the sun when there are no clouds in the way?”

They said,

“No, O’ Messenger of Allah.”

He said:

“Verily you will see Him likewise.”

(Bukhari, 13/419, hadith no. 7437; Muslim, 1/163, hadith no. 183. This version is narrated by Muslim)

Bukhari has narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abdullah said:

“We were sitting with the Prophet when he looked at the full moon and said:

“You will see your Lord just as you are seeing this moon, do not doubt this. And if you can avoid missing a prayer before the sun rises and before the sun sets, then do that (i.e. strive not to miss Fajr and ‘Asr prayers).”

(Bukhari, 13:419, hadith no. 7434)

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from Suhayb that the Prophet :saw: said:

“When the people of Paradise enter Paradise, Allah will say, ‘Do you want anything else from Me?

They will say,

‘Have You not made our faces white? Have You not granted us admittance to Paradise and saved us from Hell?’ Then the veil will be lifted and they will never be given anything more beloved to them than looking at their Lord, the All-Glory.”

Then he recited the aayaah:

For those who have done good is the best reward and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Coutenance of Allah)...

(Qur'aan 10: 26)

Saheehayn (Bukhari and Muslim) narrated from Abu Moosa that the Prophet :saw: said:

“Two gardens of silver, their vessels and everything in them, and two gardens of gold, their vessels and everything in them. And there will be nothing between people and seeing their Lord except the veil of pride over His face in the Paradise of ‘Aden.”

(Bukhari, 13/423, hadith no. 7444; Muslim 1/163, hadith no. 180)

(From: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=362336#post362336)

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this.Very beautiful post.Alhamdulillah!
May Allah grant us the good pleasure of being in His company.Ameen.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

subhanAllah!

people who have villas, BMWs, foreign vacations are not the most fortunate ones......the real fortunate ones are these mentioned above......people of jannah who will look at their Lord.

may Allah make us among them...ameen ameen ameen

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Just in time! I was feeling down and needed something to help me cheer up. Jazakallah khair*Smile*

arzafar

"The fasting person has two occasions for joy, one when he breaks his fast because of his breaking it and the other when he meets his Lord because of the reward for his fast.”

I thing this refers to maghrib salah.