The Prophet's Uncle Abu Talib ?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I heard someone say that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam)'s uncle Abu Talib, who didn't accept Islam, because of the immense help he provided Islam has been forgiven his sins and his only punishment will be to wear shoes of fire in Hell for a time.

This is the first time I'm hearing this. Is this true?

xAllahKnowsBestx

:wasalam:

I don't know about that sister, but this hadith says he'd still be in hell even with the prophet's intercession.

Narated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : I heard Allah's Apostles when his uncle, Abu Talib had been mentioned in his presence, saying, "May be my intercession will help him (Abu Talib) on the Day of Resurrection so that he may be put in a shallow place in the Fire, with fire reaching his ankles and causing his brain to boil." (Sahih Bukhari Kitabur Riqaq)

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be able to answer your question. :)

Perseveranze

He died a disbeliever, the Prophet(pbuh) was very upset when this happened. For a long time he tried to get him to accept Islam, but Abu Talib was intent on following the faith of his forefathers.

I don't think he will be able to avoid the hellfire, he'll face the same fate as all disbelievers, the best that can happen is his level in hellfire.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatu

He died on the religion of this forefathers as a Idolater so he will be in Hell. No matter how good you do in this world but if you don't accept Islaam then everything is wasted.

Those who the Qur’aan and Sunnah mention by name and state that they will be in Hell are definitely among the people of Hell, such as Abu Lahab and his wife, Abu Taalib, ‘Amr ibn Lahiy, and others.-islamqa

Seeker-of-truth

I heard a similar story that when he was on his deathbed our rasool (SAW) begged him to join islam but suddenly a man walked into the room carrying an idol and as he stared at the idol he just couldnt say the shahadah and died in that state. The imaam that was giving that khutba also went on to say his grave will be filled with fire but on fridays for a really tiny amount of time his punishment will be slightly lowered inside his grave.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

The relevant hadeeth that describes about the incident of death of Abu Talib is below :-

Narrated Al-Musaiyab: When Abu Talib was on his death bed, Allah's Apostle came to him and found with him, Abu Jahl and Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira. Allah's Apostle said, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, a sentence with which I will defend you before Allah." On that Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said to Abu Talib, "Will you now leave the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Apostle kept on inviting him to say that sentence while the other two kept on repeating their sentence before him till Abu Talib said as the last thing he said to them, "I am on the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib," and refused to say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah. On that Allah's Apostle said, "By Allah, I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed:-- 'It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans.' (9.113) And then Allah revealed especially about Abu Talib:--'Verily! You (O, Muhammad) guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He will.' (28.56) Sahih Bukhari Book #60, Hadith #295

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I heard a similar story that when he was on his deathbed our rasool (SAW) begged him to join islam but suddenly a man walked into the room carrying an idol and as he stared at the idol he just couldnt say the shahadah and died in that state.

You can refer to the above mentioned hadeeth for the actual narration.

The imaam that was giving that khutba also went on to say his grave will be filled with fire but on fridays for a really tiny amount of time his punishment will be slightly lowered inside his grave.

Could you ask the Khateeb for the reference of this narration as I have never heard/read about this before. BarakAllahu Feek

Wasalaamalaykum

Killi_Feyzo

Abutalib Died As an kafir Even if He did more for the Islam than Most of us has Done...
My Imam Said that He knew that Islam was the right Religion but His pride (kibr) let him Not say: "La illah ha illahla", because everybody would have Said: Look He accepted the Religion of His Nephew

Also it is true that, because if the Prophet He will get the lowest punishment in hell.
He will get Shoes of Fire and his brain will boil
He will think that he has got the biggest punishment of all

I cant remember where the hadith are written
But it might Be bukhary or Muslim
Wa allahu alim