The Quran

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,

i was just wondering if there are any English reverts/converts who have been able to master reading The Quran in Arabic its true language not a book for the meaning of The Quran and if so how did you go about stud:tti_sister:ying this did you learn Arabic 1st or ?? i am really struggling with this and someone told me not to expect to ever be able to read The Quran in its origional form unless i go to a special Quran school in the middle east i am very interested to hear others on this subject im really trying hard but not getting on very well any helpful hints would be gratefully accepted.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa Alaikom Assalam my sister ,
I understand how Arabic seems to the forigners specially some letters which are difficult to pronounce but don't worry and try your best for each difficulty you'll get hasanat In sha'a Allah ^
I'm an Arab girl if you need my help I'll do my best In sha'a Allah ..

May Allah bless you :)

Thank you two for your quick replys i am actually married to an Arab Man and im still getting nowhere fast maybe im just not bright enough i will keep trying . im still interested to learn if any English sister or brother has ever managed to learn to read Quran.

kingkeno

salam alaikum

i am an american who converted to islam almost three years ago. do not believe what this "person" has told you. you do not have to go to a special quran school in the middle east to be able to read the quran properly. with enough dedication and discipline allah will help you. i learned how to read the quran with tajweed by myself. i will not lie it was hard but i have mastered it because i spent every day and night trying to perfect the way i read arabic and recited the quran.