The road to being a Hafiz

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Today, I just thought about the Qur'an and how I should memorize more than I have. Then, I just decided that I want to be a Hafiz.

How many here are, Insha'Allah, planning to be a Hafiz or already is one? Hearing from others who are trying this/have already done this will, Insha'Allah, motivate me.
:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
For all who don't know what a Hafiz is: A Hafiz is a person who memorized all of the Qur'an (Hafiz means "Guardian" in Arabic).

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I WANT to be a hafiz. One of my quarn teachers said that whoever becomes a hafiz, he will go to jannah. I live in Paterson, a city in the state of New Jersey in America. The zip code is 07502, and the masjid that I go to, one of many of my friends, studied in South Africa and became a hafiz in three years. So did one of my close friends and they're a little over 20 years old.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I WANT to be a hafiz. One of my quarn teachers said that whoever becomes a hafiz, he will go to jannah. I live in Paterson, a city in the state of New Jersey in America. The zip code is 07502, and the masjid that I go to, one of many of my friends, studied in South Africa and became a hafiz in three years. So did one of my close friends and they're a little over 20 years old.

Three years?!

You'd better hope that you're young; the younger you are the easier it is to memorize things (which is why some people who are Hafiz memorized at a young age).

Solemn_G

I want to

I want to, but its tough when you don't know Arabic. I'm reading the qur'an everyday for the rest of my life, inshallah, and hopefully I will be able to memorize its meanings though it may be hard to memorize the words.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I want to, but its tough when you don't know Arabic. I'm reading the qur'an everyday for the rest of my life, inshallah, and hopefully I will be able to memorize its meanings though it may be hard to memorize the words.

That's true. I'm not an Arabic expert (only know beginner's Arabic); but I do know how to read it (albeit very slowly). This website may help you, for it teaches you the Arabic language and how to read it.

http://madinaharabic.com

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:mashallah: that is great news!

May Allah(Swt) guide us all to Sirahtul Mustaqeem.:arabi1: