The Rulings of the Adhan and the Iqamah

englishelm11

• 1- With Regards to the Congregation

The adhan and the iqamah are fardh al-kifiyah[ The definition of the responsibility of fardh al-kifayah in Islam is: the obligation which when fulfilled by one part of the Muslim community prevents the sin of failing to do so from falling on the rest of the Muslim community.] (a collective responsibility) for the Muslimeen, but only for the five compulsory prayers.This is the case when they are at home or on a journey, because both of them are open symbols of Islam. Therefore, it is prohibited to forsake or ignore them. The Prophet ﷺ said:
    “And when Ṣalāh approaches, let someone among you make the call to prayer for you, then let the oldest among you lead (the prayer).”
    [ Agreed upon.]2- With Regards to the Solitary Individual

It is a Sunnah, as Uqbah ibn Aamir t, said:
    “I heard the Messenger of Allah ﷺ saying: “Your Lord is amazed at a goat shepherd at the peak of a mountain[ The midst of mountain peaks] who calls the adhan and prays. Allah says, ‘Look at this servant of mine, he proclaims the call to prayer, announces the commencement of prayer and then prays, fearing Me. I have forgiven him all of his sins.”
    [ Source: An-Nasa’i.]
    SOURCE:Islamkingdom