The Scholars about the current Muslim crisis

Shishani

Staff member
I GOT THIS MESSAGE, AND WANT TO SHARE.

Bismilaah, wa salaatu wa salaam 'ala rasul ilaah,

Within the teachings of Islaam is the solution for all things pertaining to the success and peace of the Muslims here on earth. Islaam is perfect and complete! Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala says in what means:

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion. (Qur'an 5-3)

Therefore, we do not need to resort to un-Islaamic practises such as protests and multi-partisan democratic politics to solve our problems when we already have the divine solution with us from the One on top the Seven Heavens walhamdulilah. In fact, these un-Islamic practices will only increase us in humiliation, weakness and division. Keep in mind, for something to be called Islaamic then legally it must have proof from the authentic texts otherwise it cannot be called Islaamic.

Since these issues are filled with emotion which the shayateen of jinn and men love, it can be very difficult to overcome these emotions and grasp the truth, so the key is to make sincere du'aa to Allaah for guidance for ourselves and this ummah and to go back to the Quran and Sunnah from the understanding of the Salaf for knowledge not speaking from our own whims, thoughts and desires, and further to keep our hands firmly with the righteous pious scholars of today who studied the Quran and Sunnah for 20, 30, 40 plus years may Allaah preserve them.

Please read the statements of the noble mashayikh below. Barak Allaahu feekum.

Question [Sh. Abdul-Rahman Al-Ajlaan]:
"With all of the of the problems that we are presently facing in the world what is the position of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa'a in this situation on protesting and overthrowing of a nation's president? Specifically in Egypt. Does this fall under overthrowing the ruler [as in the ahadeeth] or not? May Allah reward you. And if your answer is no could you please explain to me why?"

Answer: (This is from what I remember because I didnt have a recorder)
This is not correct and protesting does not have any place in Islam. From it only comes an abundance of harm and evil. From bloodshed to stealing of wealth etc. And this affair is for those who have power to make an actual change, not for every single person. For some people might truly have a pure intention and want good for his country while others just want chaos and evil. If there is a ruler of a country who needs to be changed it is for the people of deliberation and council, those who have the power, to change things.
Nor have we seen in the history of Islam this ever taking place. And where it did, for example here in Saudi Arabia, it was done by one man (a great scholar) not the public. So it is upon the people to be patient and remain so. I ask Allah to guide you and I to the truth.

Question [Sh. Luhaydaan]:
"With all of the of the problems that we are presently facing in the world what is the position of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jamaa'a in this situation on protesting and overthrowing of a nation's president? Specifically in Egypt.

Answer: (The call was unclear and the Shaykh was talking very softly, as usual,)
No this is not good (upright) and they should not do this. Because these things lead to stealing of wealth and other evil acts.

Question: So does this follow under overthrowing the ruler?

Answer: No it doesnt but nevertheless the people shouldnt do it and should remain patient. They should call upon Allah to rectify and change their situation.

Me: Shaykh, with you is Abdul-Malik the American!
Shaykh Wasiullah 'Abbaas: May Allah grant you life! Where are you these days?
Me: Wallahi Shaykhana, I am arround just busy with school. Also, I have a daughter now and I have to provide for her as well.
Shaykh: Masha Allah Jayyid!
Me: Baarik Allahu Feek can I ask you a question?
Shaykh: Go ahead
Me: With all of the problems that we have presently in the world what is the position of Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama'a on protests and over throwing the president .... (the shaykh cut me off)
Shaykh: This is an error! And it is not for you and everyone else to be dealing with these affairs as in Egypt now. For from these things come a great abundance of evil. People are stealing, killing, and setting things on fire. They even set the Saudi Airlines on fire there. What is this?! This is idiocy. What does Saudi Airline have anything to do with anything?! No, this is an error and not from Islam and people should not be doing it.

Translated by:
Abdul-Malik Merchant
Umm al-Qura University
Makkah Al-Mukarramah, KSA
Saffar 28, 1432 —February 1 2011

Ibn Uthaymin

Jazakallahu Khayran. i agree causin chaos is not good.

But akhee the person who rules by other than the rule of Allah is a disbeliever.

Wassalam