The Story of Sahabah (r.hum)...

fendi_ibrahim

:bismillah:

-The Collapsing of the Enemie's Upper Storeys by Takbir and Tahlil-

Hisham ibnu 'Aas Amavi (r.hu) said: ' I and another gentleman were sent towards Heraclius (Arabic:Harqul), the King of Byzantium, so that we might give him the call (to accept) Islam. Journeying, we reached a place (called) Ghutah in Damascus and stayed with Jabalah ibnu Aiham Ghassani. When we approached him (Jabalah), he was on hi throne. He sent his envoyto us that we should talk with him. We said, "By Allah! We will not talk with the envoy. We have been sent to he king. If he permits us, we shall talk to him, otherwise we will not talk with the envoy". The envoy returned to him and apprised him of this thing. Jabalah told him to give us permission.

So we went and he said:" Say what you have to say". Hisham ibnu 'Aas invited him to embraced Islam (and jabalah was in black attire). Hisham asked him:"Why have you put on these black clothes?". He said: "I have put them on and have taken an oath that I will not put them off until I evict you people from the country of Syria". We said:"This your assembly, by Allah! we will take from you and, Allah willing, will take the country of your great king. We have been informed of this thing by our Holy Prophet :)saw2: )!". Jabalah said:" You are not those people. They are a people who fast during day and engage in devotions at night. So tell me how your fasting is?". We showed him. Hearing this, his face darkened, and he said:"You start." And he sent an envoy with us to the king of Byzantium. When we sent out and approached his city,the envoy who was with us said:"These conveyances (camels) cannot enter the king's city. If you wish, we can mount you on Turkish horses and mules." We said:"By Allah! We will come riding our own conveyances." That messenger sent a word to the king the we refused his conveyance. The king ordered that we could go on our own dromedaries.

So, we entered his city, with our own swords hanging, until we reached his storeyed building. We seated our camels below it and he was looking at us. We spoke. ":allahuakbar:,:laila:. So, Allah knows that a part of his upper storey fell down, as if it was a thick branch of a tree which the wind oscillates this way and that." The narrator says: He sent us a word that it was not proper for us that we should express our religion so openly, and he also sent us a word to enter. So, we went in to him. He was sitting on his throne, and devines of Byzantium were around him. Everything in his ceremony (assembly) was in red. There was redness on all his sides and his clothes too were red. We sat down near him. So, he laughed and said:"There was no harm in it for you if you had saluted me with that salute which you do among yourself." He had with him a man who knew eloquent Arabic and was very loquacious. We said:"Our mutual salutation is not lawful (halal) for you and that salutation with which you are saluted is not lawful for us that we may salute you with it." He asked:"How is your mutual salutation?" We said:":salam2: " He asked:" How do you salute your king?" We said:"With the same salutation". He asked:"How is your salutation answered to you?" We said:"With the same salutation."

He asked:" Which is your greatest speech (Kalam)?" We said: ":allahuakbar:,:laila:." When we spoke this kalimah, Allah knows well that part of his upper storey again fell down, so that he raised his head towards it and said:"This kalimah that you uttered by which a part of the upper storey fell down,is itthat effective that whenever you utter it in your own houses, their upper storeys, too crash on you?" We said:"No. We never saw that it might have happened like this except with you."...

Adapted from the book of 'Hayat-us-Sahabah-(The Lives of the Sahabah) by Maulana Muhammad Yusuf Kahndhlawi (Rah.).