The World of the Jinn and Devils

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
To what extent will Shaytaan succeed in destroying the sons of Adam?

When the Shaytaan refused to submit to Adam, Allah cast him forth from His Mercy and His Paradise. He became angry with him and cursed him. The Shaytaan vowed to himself before the Lord of Glory that he would lead us astray and misguide us, and make us worship him.

Allah cursed him. And he (Shaytaan) said: ‘I will take an appointed portion of your slaves.

Verily, I will mislead them.’

(Qur’aan, 4: 118-119)

(Iblees) said: ‘See this one whom You have honoured above me, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely, seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!’

(Qur’aan, 17: 62)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
To what extent will the Shaytaan achieve his aim towards mankind

The one who ponders the history of mankind will be horrified at what he sees of the misguidance of mankind, how they disbelieved in the Messengers and the Books, and disbelieved in Allah their Lord, and associated His creatures in worship with Him.

Allah says:

And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly.

(Qur’aan, 12: 103)

Hence they deserve the anger and vengeance of Allah:

Then We sent Our Messengers in succession. Every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him; so We made them follow one another (to destruction), and We made them as Ahaadeeth (the true stories for mankind to learn a lesson from them). So away with a people who believe not!

(Qur’aan, 23: 44)

In the present age, wherever we look we can see the friends of the Shaytaan with whom this life is teeming, raising his banner, promoting his message and tormenting the friends of Allah. What tells us the extent to which the Shaytaan will achieve his aim is the fact that Allah will command Adam on the Day of Resurrection to send forth from among his descendents those who are destined for Hell. When he asks how many this includes Allah will say to him:

“Ninety-nine out of every hundred to Hell, and one to Paradise,”

- or, according to another report,

“Nine hundred and ninety-nine out of every thousand to Hell, and one to Paradise.”

(These two hadiths are narrated by Bukhaari and others. Bukhaari, 11/387, 388. See also our book Al-Jannah wa’l-Naar, p. 76)

Thus Shaytaan will prove true his thought about these offspring of Adam, who did not learn any lesson from what happened to their father or what happened to their predecessors. This accursed creature will continue to lead them to their doom, and sometimes it seems as if they are trying to beat Iblees to Hell.

What can be worse than an enemy’s thought about his enemy being proven true?

And indeed Iblees (Satan) did prove true his thought about them, and they followed him, all except a group of true believers (in the Oneness of Allah).

(Qur’aan, 34: 20)

It is very bad for man that the Shaytaan’s thought about him should be proven true, and that he should obey this enemy and disobey his Lord. The matter has reached an unimaginable and indescribable level; now there is a group in Iraq which calls itself “devil worshippers”, and we see some writers swearing “by the Shaytaan.” How weird they are!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Do not pay any attention to the large numbers of the doomed

One would not expect the wise person to be deceived by the large numbers of the doomed. Large numbers do not count for anything in the Balance of Allah; rather what counts is the true, even if the number of its followers is small.

Be among the followers of the truth who are content with Allah as their Lord, Islam as their religion and Muhammad :saw: as their Messenger for what they are, and fight them with proof and evidence, with swords and spears, and above all by turning to the Most Merciful and adhering to His religion.

O’ you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you a plain enemy.

Then if you slide back after the clear signs (Prophet Muhammad :saw:, and this Qur’aan and Islam) have come to you, then know that Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

(Qur’aan, 2: 208-209)

We ask Allah to make us, by His grace, among those who enter perfectly into Islam. May Allah bless His slave and Messenger Muhammad :saw: and his family and Companions, and grant them peace.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
End.

As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Alhamdu'lillaah this thread is finished. I have removed large portions from many sections so as to respect the right of the publisher. I included the last chapter because I stated that I would post it in a post in the past and I think it is a good read. I might remove some more from the other portions because of this last section. May Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) reward those that translated and published this work.

ibn_musa

May Allah reward you brother, I've been following from the start and it's helped me alot to fight against my enemy now that I know more about them!