Thinking of converting

elmardi8

Hi, my name is Sonya. I am american and was raised as a christian. I am married to a muslim and have two children. I came here to learn more about islam and meet new muslims.:hijabi:

Noor to shine

welcome

You are most welcome Sonya.....Islam as we believe is the final message of God to humanity ....it is the same message of all the prophets of God.
:SMILY259:

A

addan

WELCOMING

hi sister welcome ummah
here is site u can fine all muslims on all wold a rown
you welcome TTI FEAL FREE

Walakum salaam

This is actually one of the best Muslim chat forums to date. The people here are very diverse and knowledgeable and from all around the world! Only through the will and blessings of Allah, He has joined us all together here. So the answers, comments, suggestions you receive should be utmost appreciated.

Hopefully you learn alot, and feel free to ask anything. May Allah (God) guide you, your kids, and all us on to the right path. Ameen

zarqa

hello sonya, im in kinda the same situation as you and first became aware of islam through my partner. we aren't married but are hoping to be soon ( inshalla). just wanted to say welcome to the site, i only joined a couple of weeks ago so as far as advice goes im pretty useless but it's great to hear everyone else's wisdom!!

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
assalamu alaykum

I was raised a christian too. Not just any run o' the mill christian, but a genuine, bible thumpin' pentecostal. I read the Qu'aran ( you know, scoping the other team's play book) and knew that I had to be a muslim. Oddly enough, the bible is what lead me to recognize Islam.

Mark 12:29
Jesus was asked what was the greatest commandment. The bible records his response as "The most important commandment is this. Hear O Israel, the Lord, the Lord our God is one."

I guess that one slipped by the censors. Enjoy the site. Everyone will be more than happy to help you. Check out the videos, very informative.

Najmoen

Ahlan Wa Sahlan

Hi, my name is Sonya. I am american and was raised as a christian. I am married to a muslim and have two children. I came here to learn more about islam and meet new muslims.:hijabi:

:salam2:
Greetings Sonya and Welcome -

Do share your experiences with us, we look forward to assist you with your migration to Islam.

Jazak Allah Ghayr

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
In the Name Of ALLAH Most Merciful, Most Compassionate, Most Loving, Most Beneficent, Most Gracious, Most Genourous, Most Forgiving, Most Returning

Salam Ul Laikum

Love ALLAH, Fear ALLAH, Obey ALLAH, Worship ALLAH all the time.
Follow the Quran and Sunnah all the time.
Give Dawah (remind each other all the time - both muslims and non muslims pass the message of islam all the time and to every one.)

Salam ul lakekum to all

user expired!

asalamualaikum,

hi Soniya how are u?

just like to say that if YOU believe that there is only One God and Muhammed is the last messenger then wat are u waiting for?

U know death can strike at any time!!!!

aamed

Welcom Sister Sonya,

I pray to Allah that you and your family are in good health. I ask Allah to make it easy in your journey to Islam.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Hello sister sonya,

Nice to have you in the forum. You can ask any question. And there is a sisters' club also in this website. But you can ask any Islam related question here.

We would further like to know about your situation in faith. Do you consider Islam to be the only true religion or you are just interested to know it.

Bye.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykim (May Allah's Peace be upon you) and a lot of people became muslim from this site. I still remember sister Zhour Khan...

All right now I think you deserve to learn now and gain knowledge since you seek it. :)

Please go to: www.backtoislam.com and hear the muslim revert stories at the side links. And www.islamworld.net is an excerllant choice! :)

elmardi8

thank you

I want to thank everyone for replying to my thread and making me feel welcome! I am here because i do want to learn more and i would like to become muslim. About my situation in faith(virtualeye):), i do not practice christianity but i was raised as a christian. I have read alot about islam and have thought alot about becoming muslim. I do beleive in alot that i do read about islam and would just like to hear more about it from other muslims and kind of be guided on what i need to do in the beginning to become muslim.I want to do it right.As far as other religion i do not read of other religions or practice them. I hope to get to know all of you and learn more.Again thank you so much.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace be upon you

Welcome sis,
hope u will find many useful things here ...... as for yr reversion is concerned i think its a blessing that Allah has bestowed on you , so please, dear sister dont let this golden oppurtunity go ...... say yr shahadah
here are few verses of Quran that yr situation reminds me of

But Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts, and He has made hateful to you Unbelief, wickedness, and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness;-

A Grace and Favour from Allah; and Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom

(AL-HUJRAAT:7-8)

May allah make it easier for u and guide u through
Ma'ssalaam !

califmuslimah

Sister, I'm a white american revert to Islam and have been for over 3 years now. I'm so happy I'm muslim, Alhamdulillah(all praise be to Allah). I was raised in a christian family and tried several times to get close to God through christianity but never felt a connection. I really wanted God to be in my life and prayed so much to have a relationship with him. But nothing. But then after 9-11 I wanted to know about Islam. After studying Islam for like 2 yrs. I knew I had found Gods true religion and took my Shahada. I'm so happy now that Allah is in my life. Islam is a whole way of life that is pure and teaches us everything we need to live our lives correctly. Alhamdulillah for Islam! And if you really just think about who God is??? It makes so much sense that God is one, has no equal, is a jealous God and is unseen. Jesus even says in the N.T. that he has a God. He said to his disciples "The father is my father and your father, My God and your God." If he was God? Why would he say he had a God? Think about it? And christians will say that Jesus said "I and my father are one." They we're one in agreement with the same message. You can't take one as literal. It also says in the N.T. that when a husband and wife marry they become "One flesh" but that doesn't actually mean they are one person. Anyway, good luck. Pray to Allah to guide you to the straight path. I Pray you will see the truth.

Globalpeace

Banned
Welcome Sister,

I am pleased to know that the Creator has placed the seed of Islam in your heart and may he foster it further.

You are welcome to the family of 1.5 billion people as an “Associate Member”. We would love to have you as a permanent member with all the rights that go along with that.

Come on jump in the pool!

Our only requirement is for you to take the Shahadah (Islamic declaration of Faith), no money required. Your permanent membership will entitle you to peace, serenity, contentment, happiness in this world and the next.

So you pay nothing, we (as Muslims) & Allah (as your Creator) pay you everything! You get lifelong friendship and a relationship that neither breaks nor goes weak.

If that sounds like a deal to you; go for it.

Hope this helps.

I want to thank everyone for replying to my thread and making me feel welcome! I am here because i do want to learn more and i would like to become muslim. About my situation in faith(virtualeye):), i do not practice christianity but i was raised as a christian. I have read alot about islam and have thought alot about becoming muslim. I do beleive in alot that i do read about islam and would just like to hear more about it from other muslims and kind of be guided on what i need to do in the beginning to become muslim.I want to do it right.As far as other religion i do not read of other religions or practice them. I hope to get to know all of you and learn more.Again thank you so much.