THIS IS WHAT SHE SAYS...

BegumRehana

:salam2:, Just want to thank you all for helping me when i needed help with the conversations i have been having with a non-muslim sister...but it doesn't stop here :/ I need more help!!!!
She wrote more than this in the conversation but i answered them, but now am finding it quit difficult to give this sister time...please can you help me :)

THIS IS WHAT SHE SAYS...

"Now when it comes to paradise I have one question how do you know I am going to hell because I know the truth about Islam but did not convert?? because the Quran said so....But God can do anything he wants and I teach Islam to my Christian friends and clear up their misconceptions...Now God could look at that and say well she didn't convert but because she helped people understand Islam, I am going to allow her into heaven...We don't know what will happen to us...I mean Rehana you could end up in hell (Inshallah that won't happen) and I end up in heaven yet you knew the truth but for some reason you ended up in hell..We don't know so why do we go around saying if you don't believe in my faith your going to hell....That's what I love about Christianity because we don't preach that or were not suppose to...Either way sis I am not worried about going to hell because I don't believe I will in either faith but that is my feeling...I believe in both faiths there is something big missing...Something that Allah has not revealed to us that will surprise everyone..I just have that feeling... But here is the twist to all of this....I have already converted in a sense:) how?? when I saw this video called Jesus chatt and this guy on there made no sense to me and so I talked to one of my best friends and told her I was ready to convert...I told her I felt Islam was right and was ready but she told me she will not convert me because she wants me to dig further which is true I need to do....but I heard that once you accept Islam in your heart and no matter if you go back to your original faith or never say the shahadah...You are a Muslim....If that is true then sis I am already a Muslim just a confused one."

JazakaAllah-khair

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

Yes, there is a lot of confusion in this. Her thoughts are so convoluted that it is hard to follow.

She is simply playing games with herself. You cannot play with the words of Allah. She is assuming what is the Will of the Creator.
How can you speak words that you do not believe? You can not.

It is the individual choice to submit to the Master of the Day of Judgement. He decides not us. We strive to please Him. We strive to serve Him and His Creation.

We can not take lightly our responsibility. This is the limited free will we have. We serve our faith.

We do not go around saying anyone is going to hell. Judgement belongs exclusively to Allah.

She does not understand Islam.

You can not compare Christianity to Islam. Christianity as practiced today is plagued by man made dogma. It is not the of religion. We are told this in the Quran. The book of the words of Allah.

Why would anyone want to cast doubt on your faith and call themselves adherents of Islam.

I leave confused ones alone.

auroran

:salam2:

Yeah I remember this girl. She helped people learn about Islaam but she didn't convert herself. Allaah only accepts Islaam.

He who chooses a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him, and in the Everlasting Life he will be among the losers.[3:85] Her not thinking she's going to hell is very dangerous. If she recognizes Islaam as the truth then what is holding her back?

JenGiove

I thought I'd share this. Whether it applies in this situation or to this woman, I can not say but I thought I'd share it anyways.

Tafsir of Ayat 3:199 from tafsir.com
The Condition of Some of the People of the Scriptures and their Rewards

Allah states that some of the People of the Book truly believe in Him and in what was sent down to Muhammad , along with believing in the previously revealed Books, and they are obedient to Him and humble themselves before Allah.
[لاَ يَشْتَرُونَ بِـَايَـتِ اللَّهِ ثَمَناً قَلِيلاً]
(They do not sell the verses of Allah for a small price) [3:199], for they do not hide what they know of the glad tidings about the description of Muhammad , his Prophethood, and the description of his Ummah. Indeed, these are the best people among the People of the Book, whether they were Jews or Christians. Allah said in Surat Al-Qasas,
[الَّذِينَ ءَاتَيْنَـهُمُ الْكِتَـبَ مِن قَبْلِهِ هُم بِهِ يُؤْمِنُونَ وَإِذَا يُتْلَى عَلَيْهِمْ قَالُواْ ءَامَنَّا بِهِ إِنَّهُ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّنَآ إنَّا كُنَّا مِن قَبْلِهِيُؤْتُونَ أَجْرَهُم مَّرَّتَيْنِ بِمَا صَبَرُواْ]
(Those to whom We gave the Scripture before it, they believe in it (the Qur'an). And when it is recited to them, they say: "We believe in it. Verily, it is the truth from our Lord. Indeed even before it we were Muslims. These will be given their reward twice over, because they are patient,) [28:52-54]. Allah said,
[الَّذِينَ آتَيْنَـهُمُ الْكِتَـبَ يَتْلُونَهُ حَقَّ تِلاَوَتِهِ أُوْلَـئِكَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ]
(Those to whom We gave the Book, recite it (follow it) as it should be recited (i.e. followed), they are the ones who believe therein.) [2:121],
[وَمِن قَوْمِ مُوسَى أُمَّةٌ يَهْدُونَ بِالْحَقِّ وَبِهِ يَعْدِلُونَ ]
(And of the people of Musa there is a community who lead with truth and establish justice therewith.) [7:159],
[لَيْسُواْ سَوَآءً مِّنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـبِ أُمَّةٌ قَآئِمَةٌ يَتْلُونَ ءَايَـتِ اللَّهِ ءَانَآءَ الَّيْلِ وَهُمْ يَسْجُدُونَ ]
(Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the verses of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer.) [3:113], and,
[قُلْ ءَامِنُواْ بِهِ أَوْ لاَ تُؤْمِنُواْ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْعِلْمَ مِن قَبْلِهِ إِذَا يُتْلَى عَلَيْهِمْ يَخِرُّونَ لِلاٌّذْقَانِ سُجَّدًا - وَيَقُولُونَ سُبْحَانَ رَبِّنَآ إِن كَانَ وَعْدُ رَبِّنَا لَمَفْعُولاً - وَيَخِرُّونَ لِلاٌّذْقَانِ يَبْكُونَ وَيَزِيدُهُمْ خُشُوعًا ]
(Say: "Believe in it (the Qur'an) or do not believe (in it). Verily, those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.'' And they say: "Glory be to our Lord! Truly, the promise of our Lord must be fulfillled.'' And they fall down on their faces weeping and it increases their humility.) [17:107- 109].
These qualities exist in some of the Jews, but only a few of them. For instance, less than ten Jewish rabbis embraced the Islamic faith, such as `Abdullah bin Salam. Many among the Christians, on the other hand, embraced the Islamic faith. Allah said,
[لَتَجِدَنَّ أَشَدَّ النَّاسِ عَدَاوَةً لِّلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ الْيَهُودَ وَالَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُواْ وَلَتَجِدَنَّ أَقْرَبَهُمْ مَّوَدَّةً لِّلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّا نَصَارَى]
(Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers the Jews and those who commit Shirk, and you will find the nearest in love to the believers those who say: "We are Christians.'') [5:82], until,
[فَأَثَابَهُمُ اللَّهُ بِمَا قَالُواْ جَنَّـتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الاٌّنْهَـرُ خَـلِدِينَ فِيهَا]
(So because of what they said, Allah rewarded them Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), they will abide therein forever) [5:85]. In this Ayah,
Allah said,
[أُوْلـئِكَ لَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ]
(for them is a reward with their Lord) [3:199].
When Ja`far bin Abi Talib recited Surah Maryam [chapter 19] to An-Najashi, King of Ethiopia, in the presence of Christian priests and patriarchs, he and they cried until their beards became wet from crying. The Two Sahihs record that when An-Najashi died, the Prophet conveyed the news to his Companions and said,
«إِنَّ أَخًا لَكُمْ بِالْحَبَشَةِ قَدْ مَاتَ، فَصَلُّوا عَلَيْه»
(A brother of yours from Ethiopia has passed, come to offer the funeral prayer.) He went out with the Companions to the Musalla lined them up in rows, and after that led the prayer.
Ibn Abi Najih narrated that Mujahid said that,
[وَإِن مِّنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـبِ]
(And there are, certainly, among the People of the Scripture), refers to those among them who embraced Islam. `Abbad bin Mansur said that he asked Al-Hasan Al-Basri about Allah's statement,
[وَإِنَّ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـبِ لَمَن يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ]
(And there are, certainly, among the People of the Scripture, those who believe in Allah).
Al-Hasan said, "They are the People of the Book, before Muhammad was sent, who believed in Muhammad and recognized Islam. Allah gave them a double reward, for the faith that they had before Muhammad , and for believing in Muhammad (after he was sent as Prophet).'' Ibn Abi Hatim recorded both of these statements. The Two Sahihs record that Abu Musa said that the Messenger of Allah said,
«ثَلَاثَةٌ يُؤْتَوْنَ أَجْرَهُمْ مَرَّتَيْن»
(Three persons will acquire a double reward. )
He mentioned among them,
«وَرَجُلٌ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ آمَنَ بِنَبِيِّهِ وَآمَنَ بِي»
(A person from among the People of the Book who believed in his Prophet and in me.)
Allah's statement,
[لاَ يَشْتَرُونَ بِـَايَـتِ اللَّهِ ثَمَناً قَلِيلاً]
(They do not sell the verses of Allah for a small price), means, they do not hide the knowledge that they have, as the cursed ones among them have done. Rather, they share the knowledge without a price, and this is why Allah said,
[أُوْلـئِكَ لَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ]
(for them is a reward with their Lord. surely, Allah is Swift in account.)
Mujahid commented on the verse,
[سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ]
((Surely, Allah is) swift in account), "He is swift in reckoning,'' as Ibn Abi Hatim and others have recorded from him.

EDIT:

The post did not line up correctly and for that, I appologize but I fear trying to correct it since it involves Arabic script from the Qu'ran and I can not ensure that the text would go to the correct translation. Please understand.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,
just a warning; this post may not be relevant to the discussion. I think that you should just send her to a scholar or to the website www.islamqa.com, tell her to ask someone with deep understanding of Islam. She seems stubborn. And why do you call her a 'sister' if she isn't even Muslim?

wa salam alikom

JenGiove

salam alikom,
just a warning; this post may not be relevant to the discussion. I think that you should just send her to a scholar or to the website www.islamqa.com, tell her to ask someone with deep understanding of Islam. She seems stubborn. And why do you call her a 'sister' if she isn't even Muslim?

wa salam alikom

Brother, I'm not a Muslim and yet there are many here who call me sister...a Sister in Humanity, yes, but still a sister non the less.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I dont understand how anyone can say whether or not they will end up in hellfire!!! I am a Muslim and I worry about winding up in hellfire every day!!! Being a Muslim or not she should still fear Allah!!!!

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Only Allah can say for sure who is going to hell and who is not. It is not for us to decide.

Of course, that being said, we should all fear Allah, as sister Isra said.

BegumRehana

Walaykum'asalam...
JazakaAllah-khair everyone...It's actually nearly a year that am giving this sister dawah but seems like the more time goes pass, she just feels confused. I don't want to leave her because i would feel bad in the case that our Prophet SAWS never gave up, he always continued to give dawah to the ignorant people. Am trying my best with her but she is very stubborn in regards to not wanting to leave Christianity.

Anways thankyou all for the help :D

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I believe that the brother in his response was making a reference to this:

Believers are but brothers/sisters, so set things right between your brothers/sisters and observe your duty to Allah so that you may obtain mercy'
Surah-Hujurat (49:10)

Although some may extend out of kindness the term sister to a non-Muslim we need to keep in mind this is a person who is not in the family of Islam. Thus there is no obligation.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

When I first read your post, the questions this person asked (I don't know if she is Muslim) felt really loaded. It sounds like she believes in Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) and that He is the Only One worthy of worship with no partners whatsoever. However in the latter part of the post, what does she mean 'she expects something big to revealed'. This kinda shows a lack of belief in the Qur'aan and Sunnah (i.e. the Prophet Muhammad :saw:).

Anyway, I looked at these question and answers, I felt they kind of answered what she was saying. Forgive me if they don't because I feel it is inappropriate if I say something from myself without any right.

This is a rather a long post which might be separated into two. The below was an answer regarding Islam's Position regarding Christians (it is quite long and if it doesn't relate then it is still good to know). Next part is declaring Christians or Jews as disbelievers and finally the disbeliever on the Day of Resurrection (with an addition).

Again, forgive me if these don't relate, I read through them and felt it answered partially what you stated. (If there are any big mistakes in the text let me know).

All praise be to Allah and may peace and blessings of Allah be upon His Messenger and upon all his family. As for what follows:

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Legal Rulings read the following question addressed to His Excellency, the General Director, the text of which is as follows:

Allah, the Most High says:

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him.

(Qur’aan, 03: 85)

And He, the Most High says:

Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam.

(Qur’aan, 03: 19)

- up to the end of the Verse. And He, the Most High also says:

Not all of them are alike; a party of the People of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of Allah during the hours of the night...

(Qur’aan, 03: 113)

- up to the end of Verse 115 of Surah Aal’Imraan. And He, the Majestic and Most High says:

Verily, you will find the strongest among men ...

- up to Verse 85 of Surah Al-Ma'idah.

Due to my work and close contact with some of my Christian colleagues, it sometimes happens that discussions take place regarding whether Islam accepts Christians or not? And what is the position of Islam regarding the Christians? They draw evidence from the Qur'aanic Verses which I have mentioned above - as examples, not as exhaustive references. In view of this, I request our eminent scholars to give a satisfactory reply and I hope that the reply will be simple and convincing, accompanied by proofs and evidences and in a purposeful and instructive manner. Also, are any of these Verses abrogated, as some Christians advance the argument that some Qur'aanic Verses contradict others? All that persuaded me to write this letter was my firm devotion to Islam and its people.

Answer

The fundamentals of the laws brought by the Prophets and the Messengers are one. Allah revealed them and sent down to them (i.e. the Prophets and Messengers) His Books by which He charged the first of them with faith and belief in the last, and (in) his aid and support, and He charged the last of them with faith and belief in the first of them. And all that they brought from Allah is called the religion of Islam. Allah, the Most High says:

And remember when Allah took the covenant from the Prophets saying : "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Al-Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allah, etc.) and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (i.e. Muhammad :saw:) confirming what is with you ; you must then believe in him and help him." He (Allah) said: "Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?" They said: "We agree." He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (to this)."

Then whoever turns away after this, they are the Fasiqun (rebellious: those who turn away from obedience to Allah).

Do they seek a religion other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism -worshipping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and to Him shall they all be returned?

Say (O Muhammad
:saw:) : "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Ibrahim, Ismail, Ishaq, Ya'qub and Al-Asbat (the sons of Ya'qub) and what was given to Musa, 'Isa and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (In Islam)."

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the Hereafter, he will be one of the losers.

(Qur’aan, 03: 81-85)

The Messenger believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers. They say: "We make no distinction between one and another of His Messengers."

(Qur’aan, 02: 285)

And He says:

And in their footsteps We sent 'Isa, the son of Maryam, confirming the Tawrah that had come before them and we gave him the Injil, in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Tawrah that had come before it, a guidance and admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious)

(Qur’aan, 05: 46)

- up to His Words:

And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad :saw:) the Book (this Qur'aan) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Muhaiminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (the old Scriptures).

(Qur’aan, 05: 48)

And He says:

O People of the Scripture! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad :saw:) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and passing over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allah a light (Prophet Muhammad) and a plain Book (this Qur'aan)

Wherewith Allah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Islamic monotheism).

(Qur’aan, 05: 15-16)

And He says:

O People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad :saw:) making (things) clear unto you, after a break in (the series of) Messengers, lest you say : "There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner." But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And Allah is Able to do all things.

(Qur’aan, 05: 19)

And (remember) when 'Isa, son of Maryam, said : "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Tawrah (which came) before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear proofs, they said : "This is plain magic .”

(Qur’aan, 61: 6)

And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad :saw:) but We inspired him (saying) : "La ilaha illa Ana (None has the right to be worshipped but I [Allah]), so worship Me (Alone and none else)."

(Qur’aan, 21: 25)

Among other Verses - both general and specific - proving that the laws brought by the Prophets have the same foundations, including singling out Allah in worship, belief in Him, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day, His Decree and His Will, the basic prayer, Zakah and fasting - as in Allah's Words regarding the supplication of His Friend, Ibrahim, upon him be peace:

O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley with no cultivation, by Your Sacred House (the Ka'bah in Makkah), in order O our Lord, that they may perform prayer (Iqamatus-Salat).

(Qur’aan, 14: 37)

- up to His Words concerning the supplication of His Friend, Ibrahim:

My Lord! Make me one who performs prayer (Iqamatus-Salat) and (also) from my offspring.

(Qur’aan, 14: 40)

And His Words:

And mention in the Book (the Qur'an) Isma'il. Verily! He was true to what He promised and he was a Messenger (and) a Prophet.

And he used to enjoin on his family and his people As-Salah and Az-Zakah and his Lord was pleased with him.

(Qur’aan, 19: 54-55)

And His Words:

And We inspired Musa and his brother (saying): "Take dwellings for your people in Egypt, and make your dwellings as places for you to worship, and perform prayers aqamatus-Salat)."

(Qur’aan, 10: 87)

And His Words concerning `Isa:

He ('Isa) said: "Verily, I am a worshipper of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet. And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and Zakah so long as I live."

(Qur’aan, 19: 30-31)

And His Words:

O you who believe! Fasting has been prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious).

(Qur’aan, 02: 183)

However, it differed in the manner of its performance and the details of its regulations, as in Allah's Words:

To each among you We have prescribed a law and a clear way.

(Qur’aan, 05: 48)

And the Prophet said:

The Prophets are brothers, their religion is one and their mothers are different.

(Al-Bukhari no. 3443 and Muslim no. 2365)

Based upon this, (we may say that) whoever believed in the fundamentals of the laws given to the Prophets and the Messengers, Allah will be pleased with them, and write for them happiness and success. And they are those whom Allah praises in His Book and whom our Prophet, Muhammad :saw:, extols in his Sunnah. Whoever believed in some of the fundamentals which they brought from Allah and disbelieved in some, they are truly disbelievers in all of them, as it is necessary to accept the unity of them all and to believe in them. And Allah has prepared for them the abode of the Hell-Fire and the most evil refuge. They are those whom Allah rebukes in His Book and whom His Messenger rebukes in his Sunnah. Allah, the Most High says:

Verily, those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allah and His Messengers (by believing in Allah and disbelieving in His Messengers), saying : "We believe in some but reject others," and wish to adopt a way in between.

They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment.

And those who believe in Allah and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of them (Messengers), We shall give them their rewards, and Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful .

(Qur’aan, 04: 150-152)

Because of this, Allah, the Most High informs us that the People of the Book, the Jews and the Christians, are not all the same in His Judgement; indeed, He praises some among the Jews and Christians, and He censures some among the Jews and Christians: He praises those among the Jews and Christians who implemented His Commands in His Words:

Say: "We believe in Allah, and that which has been sent down to us, and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim, Isma'il, Ishaq, Ya'qub, and to Al-Asbat (the twelve sons of Ya'qub), and that which has been given to Musa and 'Isa, and that given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them: and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

(Qur’aan, 02: 136)

And among them are those about whom Allah says:

And there are certainly, among the People of the Scripture, those who believe in Allah, and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before Allah. They do not sell the Ayat of Allah for a little price. For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.

(Qur’aan, 03: 199)

And among them are some Christians about whom Allah says:

...That is because among them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.

And when they listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad
:saw:), you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognized. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses.

And why should we not believe in Allah and in that which has come to us of the truth? And we wish that our Lord will admit us (in Paradise on the Day of Resurrection) along with the righteous people."

So because of what they said, Allah rewarded them with Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), they will abide therein forever. Such is the reward of those who do good.

(Qur’aan, 05: 82-85)

And among the Jews and Christians is a group whom Allah praises in His Words:

...A party of the People of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Ayat of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer.

They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin good and forbid evil and they hasten in (all) good works, and they are among the righteous.

And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them, for Allah knows well those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious).

(Qur’aan, 03- 113-115)

And He censures those among the two groups - the Jews and the Christians - those who were guilty of hypocrisy, or believed in some of the Messengers, while disbelieving in others. Those who covered up the truth after it had been made plain to them, who altered the Words (of Allah) and attributed lies to Allah in the fundamentals of the law or in jurisprudence, and violated their covenants and their contracts (with Him).

Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will believe in your religion in spite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allah (the Tawrah), then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it?

And when they (Jews) meet those who believe (Muslims) they say: "We believe", but when they meet one another in private, they say: "Shall you (Jews) tell them (Muslims) what Allah has revealed to you (Jews, about the description and the qualities of Prophet Muhammad that which are written in the Tawrah) that they (Muslims) may argue with you (Jews) about it before your Lord?" Have you (Jews) then no understanding?

Know they (Jews) not that Allah knows what they conceal and what they reveal?

And there are among them (Jews) unlettered people who know not the Book, but they trust upon false desires and they but guess.

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say:

"This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that which they earn thereby.

(Qur’aan, 02: 75-79)

And Allah, the Most High says:

And (remember) when Allah took a Covenant from those who were given
the Scripture (Jews and Christians) to make it (the news of the coming of Prophet Muhammad :saw: and the religious knowledge) known and clear to mankind, and not to hide it; but they threw it away behind their backs, and purchased with it some miserable gain! And indeed worst is that which they bought.

(Qur’aan, 03: 187)

And Allah, the Most High says:

Indeed Allah took the covenant, from the Children of Israel, and We appointed twelve leaders among them. And Allah said: "I am with you if you perform the prayers (Iqamat As-Salat), give Zakah and believe in My Messengers, honour and assist them. And lend to Allah a goodly loan, verily I will remit your sins and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise); but if any of you, after this disbelieved, he has indeed gone astray from the Straight Path."

But because of their breach of their Covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them. But forgive them and overlook (their misdeeds). Verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (those who do good deeds and extend favours to the deserving).

And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So we planted among them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection, and Allah will inform them of what they used to do.).

(Qur’aan, 05: 12-14)

Allah also censures those who said that Allah has taken a son and those who took their rabbis and monks as lords other than Allah. He rejects their slanders, saying:

And the Jews say: "'Uzayr is the son of Allah", and the Christians say : "The Messiah is the son of Allah." That is a saying from their mouths; (in this) they but imitate the sayings of the disbelievers of old. Allah's curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!

They took their rabbis and monks to be their lords besides Allah (by obeying them in things that they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allah), and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded Lin the Tawrat (Torah) and the Injil (Gospel)] to worship none but One Ilah (God — La ilaha ilia Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Glorified is He (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)."

(Qur’aan, 09: 30-31)

He censures those among them who claim - in addition to their disbelief - that Paradise is only for them and that none shall enter it but they and He rejects their claims and makes it clear who really are the people of Paradise; Allah says:

And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires. Say: "Produce your proof if you are truthful."

On the contrary, whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's religion of Islamic monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any showing off or to gain praise or fame etc. and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

(Qur’aan, 02: 111-112)

He rebukes those of them who killed the Prophets and the righteous people without right and said: "Our hearts are wrapped (i.e. do not hear or understand Allah's Word)." And they fabricated a terrible lie against Maryam, and said: "We killed Jesus, the son of Maryam." And they devoured usury, interest and people's property unjustly. (He censured) those who said that Allah is a third part of a trinity, He brands them all disbelievers and rejects all of their false claims and promises them a painful punishment. There are other Verses wherein He praises a company of the Jews and Christians and He describes them as deserving commendation, success, happiness and everlasting bliss (i.e. in the Hereafter). He censures another group among these two parties and describes them with attributes that deserve his anger, His curse and His painful torment.

From all this, it is clear that the Islamic position regarding the Jews and Christians is one of justice and fairness and does not contradict the information contained in the texts of the Qur'an and Sunnah regarding both praise and rebuke of them. Verily those whom He praises are totally different from those He censures. They are those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write whom they find written of with them in the Tawrah and the Injil - he commands them to perform the good and forbids them from committing the evil; he permits them the good things and he prohibits for them those Al-Khaba’ith (i.e. all that is evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burden's and from the fetters that were upon them, in obedience to the Words of Allah, the Most High:

O you who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Scripture which He has sent to His Messenger and the Scripture which He sent to those before (him).

(Qur’aan, 04: 136)

They are those who are enveloped by Allah's Mercy and are deserving of His praise and they are the successful ones. As for those who disbelieved in all of the Prophets, or believed in some while rejecting others, and falsified what was revealed in the Tawrah and the Injil, and committed all the rest of the sins and the like which we have already mentioned, they are those whom Allah censures and who deserve the punishment (of Allah) and they are the people of the Fire where they will dwell eternally. In view of this, it can be seen that there is no contradiction between the texts which praise those who are deserving of it, and which recognize their standing - and the condemnation of those others among them due to their evil ways, their corrupted beliefs, their altering and falsifying what was revealed to them from their Lord, or their obedience to those of their rabbis and monks who did such things, without guidance or understanding, when there is no cause for abrogation therein, since it contains no contradictions; indeed, each part of it confirms the other.

Should anyone wish to study this matter further, he should refer to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. For whoever contemplates the Verses of the Qur'aan and the authentic Hadiths from the Messenger and studies what has been authentically recorded in history, without bias, and does not follow vain conjecture, then he will see the truth clearly and will be guided to the Straight Path. May peace and blessings be upon Muhammad and upon his family and Companions.

The Permanent Committee

(Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 1, Creed).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Question

In a particular lecture in a mosque in Europe, the speaker claimed that it not permissible to declare the Jews and Christians disbelievers. You know - may Allah preserve you - that many of the people who frequent the mosques in Europe do not possess much knowledge, and we fear that this kind of talk may spread; therefore, we request from you a clear answer to this question.

Answer

I say: Verily, these words which emanate from this man are misguidance, and might even be considered disbelief, because the Jews and Christians are declared disbelievers by Allah, the Almighty, the Majestic in His Book.

And the Jews say : "Uzair is the son of Allah," and the Christians say: "The Messiah is the son of Allah." That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allah's curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!

They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and monks to be their lords beside Allah (by obeying them in the things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allah) and (they also took as their lord) the Messiah, the son of Maryam, while they (the Jews and Christians) were commanded to worship none but One Ilah (God - Allah) La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Praise and glory be to Him from having the partners they associate (with Him).

(Qur’aan, 09: 30-31)

This proves that they are disbelievers and Allah has clearly shown their disbelief in other Verses:

Surely in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of
Maryam .

(Qur’aan, 05: 17)

Surely disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of three (in a trinity).”

(Qur’aan, 05: 73)

Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawud and 'Isa, son of Maryam.

(Qur’aan, 05: 78)

Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad :saw:) from among the People of the Scripture (the Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the fire of Hell.

(Qur’aan, 98: 6)

Such Verses are many as are the Hadiths. So whoever disputes the disbelief of the Jews and Christians, who disbelieve in Muhammad and belie him, then they have belied Allah, the Almighty, the Majestic. And belying Allah is disbelief, and whoever doubts their disbelief, there is no doubt as to his disbelief.

Glorified be Allah! How can this man claim that it is not permissible to make general pronouncement of disbelief on them, when they say that Allah is three, when their Creator the Almighty, the Majestic has declared them to be disbelievers? And how can he not agree to declare them to be disbelievers, when they say that the Messiah is the son of Allah, and they say that the Hand of Allah is tied up, and they say: "Allah is poor and we are rich."? How can he not agree to declare them disbelievers, when they describe their Lord with these evil epithets, all of which are shameful, abusive and insulting?

I call upon this man to turn to Allah, the Almighty, the Majestic in repentance and to read the Words of Allah:

They wish that you should compromise (in religion out of courtesy) with them, so they (too) would compromise with you.

(Qur’aan, 68: 9)

And (I call upon him) to avoid compromising with them in their disbelief, to make clear to everyone that they are disbelievers, and that they are the companions of the Fire. The Prophet said:

By Him in Whose Hand is my soul, there is none from among the Jews and Christians from this community who will hear of me and then refuse to follow what I have brought (or he said: to believe in what I have brought), except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire.

(Muslim no. 153)

It is therefore incumbent upon this person to turn to his Lord in repentance due to this terrible calumny and to announce publicly that they are disbelievers and that they are the companions of the Fire, and it is an obligation upon them to follow the unlettered Prophet Muhammad :saw:, for he is mentioned in the Tawrah and the Injil. He orders them to enjoin what is just and forbid what is wrong and he prohibits them from Al-Munkar (disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam forbids) and he permits them At-Tayyibat (all things good and pure) and he declares forbidden to them Al-Khaba'ith (all evil and unlawful things). And he relieves them of their burden and the fetters which were upon them. And those who believe in him and support him and follow the Light which was sent down to him, they are the successful ones - and he is the fulfilment of the prophecy of Isa, the son of Maryam, upon him be peace.

Isa, the son of Maryam said, as his Lord relates from him (in the Qur'an): O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Tawrah (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad i.e. Muhammad :saw:) came to them with clear proofs, they said : "This is plain magic .”

(Qur’aan, 61: 6)

But when who came to them...? Who came to them? The one of whom the glad tidings were given, Ahmad; and when he came to them with the clear evidences, they said: "This is plain magic." And this is how we reply to the claims of those Christians who said: "The one about whom Isa brought the news was Ahmad, not Muhammad." - We say to them: Verily, Allah, the Most High says: But when he (Ahmad, i.e. Muhammad :saw:) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic.”

And none has come to them after Jesus, except Muhammad; and Muhammad is Ahmad, but Allah inspired `Isa to call Muhammad as Ahmad, because Ahmad is the superlative of Al-Hamd. So he is the most praising of Allah from among mankind (Al-Hamd: Praise) and he is the most praiseworthy in creation due to his perfect characteristics. He - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him - is therefore the most praising of Allah from among mankind, being the superlative which falls under the category of the active participle, i.e. Ahmad An-Naas (The most praising from among mankind) At the same time, he is Ahmad An-Naas in the sense that he is the most deserving of praise among them, which is the superlative falling under the category of the object of the verb. So he is the praiser and the praised, in the most complete sense of the word praise, the proof of which is the name Ahmad.

I say: Every person who claims that there is a religion in this world which Allah accepts instead of Islam is a disbeliever, whose apostasy is in no doubt. For Allah, the Almighty, the Majestic says in His Book:

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter, he will be one of the losers.

(Qur’aan, 03: 85)

And He, the Almighty, the Majestic says:

This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.

(Qur’aan, 05: 3)

Based upon the above - and I repeat, for the third time - it is incumbent upon this person to turn in repentance to Allah, the Almighty, the Majestic and to make clear to all of the people that those Jews and Christians are disbelievers, for the proof has been established against them and the Message has come to them, but they obstinately rejected it.

And verily, the Jews have been described as those upon whom is (Allah's) wrath, because they knew the truth, but they rejected it, while the Christians have been described as those who are astray, because they desired the truth, but went astray from it. But now, all of them know the truth, but they reject it; and due to this, all of them deserve to be of those upon whom is (Allah's) wrath, and I call upon those Jews and Christians to believe in Allah and all of His Messengers and to obey Muhammad for it is he whom they were commanded (to follow) in their Scriptures, as Allah, the Most High says:

And My Mercy embraces all things. That (Mercy) I shall ordain for those who are Al-Muttaqun and give Zakah, and those who believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs and revelations etc.)

Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad :saw:) whom they find written with them in the Tawrah) - he commands them to perform Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) ; and he forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden) ; he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibat (i.e. all good and lawful things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.) and he prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khaba'ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.) ; he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allah's Covenant) and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad :saw:), honour him, help him and follow the Light (the Qur'aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.

Say (Muhammad :saw:) : "O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) ; it is He Who gives life and causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad :saw:), the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believes in Allah and His Words ; and follow him so that you may be guided.

(Qur’aan, 07: 156-158)

And so that they might take the reward from two shares, as the Messenger of Allah :saw: said:

There are three who will receive two rewards: A man from the People of the Book who believes in his Prophet and believes in Muhammad :saw:...

And I read the words of the author of Al-Iqna' in the chapter on the ruling on the apostate, in which he said:

...or does not declare one who follows a religion other than Islam to be a disbeliever, such as the Christians, or is in doubt about their disbelief, or declared their way to be correct - he is a disbeliever."

In a quote from Shaikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah he said:

"Whoever believed that the churches are the houses of Allah, that Allah is
worshipped therein, that the practices of the Jews and Christians may be defined as worship of Allah and obedience to Him and His Messenger, or that He loves it, or that it pleases Him, or helped them to open them, or establish their religion, and that such activity brings them closer to Allah or is an act of obedience, he is a disbeliever."

In another place, he said:

"Whoever believed that visiting the Christians in their churches brings him closer to Allah is an apostate."

This confirms what we have said at the start of this reply, which is that there is no doubt in the matter. And Allah is the One from Whom help is sought.

Ibn `Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him).

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Question

The believing person will be held to account on the Day of Resurrection, if (his account is) good, then (he will receive) good, and if (it is) evil, then (he will receive) evil. Then how will the disbeliever also be held to account, when he is not charged with the same obligations as the believer?

Answer

This question is based upon an incorrect understanding. The disbeliever is charged with the same obligations as the believer, but he does not adhere to them in the life of this world. The evidence that he is charged with them is in Allah's Words:

Except those on the right (i.e. the pious, true believers in Islamic monotheism).

In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another

About Al-Mujrimun (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers) (and they will say to them)

"What has caused you to enter Hell?"

They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salat (prayers),

Nor did we used to feed Al-Miskeen (the poor);

And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allah hated) with vain talkers

And we used to belie the Day of Recompense."

(Qur’aan, 74: 39-46)

If they were not affected by their neglect of prayer and feeding the poor, they would not have mentioned it. This is a proof that they will be punished for (not practising) the Islamic acts of worship. Just as the evidence from the Qur'aan and Sunnah necessitate this, so does sound reasoning: If Allah, the Most High punishes the believing worshipper for his failure to fulfil his obligations in his religion, then how could He not punish a disbelieving person? Indeed, I would go further: The disbelieving person will be punished (for his failures) regarding all of what Allah has blessed him with, including food, drink and other things. Allah, the Most High says:

Those who believe and do righteous good deeds, there is no sin on them for what they ate (in the past), if they fear Allah (by keeping away from His forbidden things) and believe and do righteous good deeds, and again fear Allah and believe, and once again fear Allah and do good deeds with Ihsan (perfection). And Allah loves those who do good.

(Qur’aan, 05: 93)

The text of the Verse makes it clear that there is no blame upon the believers regarding what they ate (previously), and therefore it is understood from the Verse that blame will fall on the disbelievers for what they ate. Likewise Allah's Words:

Say (O Muhammad :saw:): "Who has forbidden the adornment with clothes given by Allah, which He has produced for His worshippers and At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) thing's] of food?" Say: "They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, and exclusively for them on the Day of Resurrection (i.e. the disbelievers will not share them)."

(Qur’aan, 07: 32)

His Words:

Say: "They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe ..."

- is a proof that the disbeliever has no right to enjoy them. I say: He has no legal right. As for his right with respect to the universal order of things, Allah, the Most Glorified, Most High has created them and the disbeliever benefits from them, and none would dispute this. This is evidence that the disbeliever will be held accountable even for the permissible things which he eats and which he wears. And just as the evidence from the Qur'aan and Sunnah necessitate this, so does sound reasoning, for logically, how could the disbeliever who disobeys Allah and does not have faith in Him have the right to enjoy what Allah has created and bestowed upon His worshippers? If this is clear to you, then (you will see) that the disbeliever must be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection for his deeds. However, the reckoning of the disbeliever according to his deeds is not like the reckoning of the believer, for the believer will receive an easy reckoning: His Lord, the Almighty, the All-Powerful will take him aside and show him his sins and he will admit them, then He, the Most Glorified, Most High will say to him:

I overlooked them during the life of the world and today, I forgive them.

(Al-Bukhari no. 6070)

As for the disbeliever - may Allah grant us refuge - his reckoning will be that his sins will be shown to him and he will be humiliated by them for all to see. And the witnesses will say:

These are the ones who lied against their Lord! No doubt! The curse of Allah is upon the Zaalimun (polytheists, wrongdoers, oppressors).

(Qur’aan, 11: 18)

Ibn `Uthaymeen

Disbelieving in one of the Messengers is like disbelieving in all of the Messengers.

Allah says:

The people of Nooh belied the Messengers.

(Qur'aan 26: 105)

‘Aad (people) belied the Messengers.

(Qur’aan, 26: 123)

Thamood (people] belied the Messenger.

(Qur'aan 26: 141)

The people of Loot [Lot] - [who dwelt in the towns of Sodom in Palestine] belied the Messengers.

(Qur'an 26: 160)

It is known that every nation disbelieved in its Messenger, but disbelief in one Messenger is counted as disbelief in all the Messengers. That is because the Messengers are bearers of one Message; they call to one religion; the One Who sends them is the same. They are as one, with the earlier ones foretelling the coming of the later ones, and the later ones confirming the message of the earlier ones.

Therefore, to believe in some of the Messengers and not in others constitutes disbelief in all of them. Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta’aala) has described the one who does this as being a kaafir:

Verily, those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allah and His Messengers [by believing in Allah and disbelieving in His Messengers] saying, 'We believe in some but reject others,' and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers...

(Qur'aan 4: 150-151)

Allah has commanded us not to make any distinction between the Messengers, and to believe in them all:

Say [O' Muslims]: 'We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibraaheem [Abraham], Ismaa`eel [Ishmael], Ishaaq [Isaac], Ya`qoob [Jacob], and to Al-Asbaat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya`qoob (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Moosa [Moses] and Eesa [Jesus], and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted [in Islam].'

(Qur'aan 2: 136)

Whoever follows this path is rightly-guided:

So if they believe in the like of that which you believe then they are rightly guided...

(Qur'aan 2: 137)

But the one who goes against that has gone astray and is misguided:

...But if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allah will suffice for you against them. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

(Qur'aan 2: 137)

Allah praised the Messenger of this ummah and the believers who follow him for their belief and for not making any distinction between the Messengers. He (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) said:

The Messenger [Muhammad :saw:] believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and [so do] the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. [They say], 'We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers,'...

(Qur'aan 2: 285)

Allah (promises a great reward to those who do not make any distinction between His Messengers:

And those who believe in Allah and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of them [Messengers], We shall give them their rewards; and Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(Qura'an 4: 152)

Allah condemned the People of the Book for believing in some of the Messengers and disbelieving in others:

And when it is said to them [the Jews], Believe in what Allah has sent down,' they say, 'We believe in what was sent down to us.' And they disbelieve in that which came after it, while it is the truth confirming what is with them...

(Qur'aan 2: 91)

The Jews do not believe in 'Eesa (Jesus) or in Muhammad :saw:, and the Christians do not believe in Muhammad :saw:.

(The Messengers and Messages, Vol. 4, Umar al-Ashqaar).

The only couple of things I would say is that, does she believe in Prophet Muhammad :saw: as the Final Messenger? I know she stated that she considered herself to be Muslim, but I was confused about her position. If she has any doubts then search in the forum of thread's that examine the Prophet mentioned in the previous scriptures.

Also, the problem I think is today, is that many Christians or Jews don't have that pure belief in Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) (partners attributed to Allah the Almighty.

And I don't mean to take this thread off course and I hope nobody minds, JenGiove (I hope you don't mind but I have to ask) you know that Muslims believe and worship only One God, the Lord of the Worlds, the Almighty, the One and Only, we believe in all the Prophets and Messengers of Allah, and the Final Messenger Prophet Muhammad :saw:, therefore knowing what you know, what doubts (presumably about Prophet Muhammad :saw:) are stopping you from seriously considering Islam as your religion? I recommend you ask (if you have doubts or just to clarify, which you have done in the past) and Insha'Allaah brothers and sisters will respond.

JenGiove

Brother ditta,

As always, you have provided extensive proofs. May Allah remember you and reward you. When I first started to read the Qu'ran during Ramadan, I came upon 3:199 and to date, that is my favorite Ayat. I intrinsically understood it and knew it to be true. I hold that one in my heart...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother Ditta,

Would you be kind enough to respond to the following:

Sura Fathia: This is wherein we are warned about the Jews and Christians as those who are disobedient and gone astray. We pray to prevent us from these acts.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

First, I am not knowledgeable and I don't claim to be. What I posted was what I felt related after reading the sister's original question, may Allah have mercy on the scholars that responded to the questions.

Sister Aapa I'm not sure what your asking and I don't know how to respond to it (after you clarify I probably still won't be able to respond due to my lack of knowledge).

JenGiove, so you believe in Allah as One and what was sent down to Prophet Muhammad :saw:? (I say this because if you read the Tafsir that you posted then you will know why I say this. Also remember that the previously revealed Books that are in circulation today have been altered, refer to this thread which looks at it briefly (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76547) I hope I didn't sound patronising).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Forgive me for making myself so obtuse. I am lacking in knowledge, too.

Let's try it this way:

I recently read that we, Muslims, pray each day to prevent us from committing the transgressions of those that are Jews and Christians. When we recite Sura Fathia this is what we are doing.

Have you any knowledge of this?

Jazaak Allahu Kharin

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam,

Insha'Allaah I hope this helps:

The Faithful ask for and abide by Guidance

If someone asks, "Why does the believer ask Allah for guidance during every prayer and at other times, while he is already properly guided Has he not already acquired guidance''

The answer to these questions is that if it were not a fact that the believer needs to keep asking for guidance day and night, Allah would not have directed him to invoke Him to acquire the guidance. The servant needs Allah the Exalted every hour of his life to help him remain firm on the path of guidance and to make him even more firm and persistent on it. The servant does not have the power to benefit or harm himself, except by Allah's permission. Therefore, Allah directed the servant to invoke Him constantly, so that He provides him with His aid and with firmness and success. Indeed, the happy person is he whom Allah guides to ask of Him. This is especially the case if a person urgently needs Allah's help day or night. Allah said,

[يَـأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ءَامِنُواْ بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَـبِ الَّذِى نَزَّلَ عَلَى رَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَـبِ الَّذِى أَنَزلَ مِن قَبْلُ]

(O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and the Book (the Qur'an) which He has sent down to His Messenger, and the Scripture which He sent down to those before (him)) (4:16).

Therefore, in this Ayah Allah commanded the believers to believe, and this command is not redundant since what is sought here is firmness and continuity of performing the deeds that help one remain on the path of faith. Also, Allah commanded His believing servants to proclaim,

[رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ ]

(Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower.) (3:8).

Hence,

[اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ ]
(Guide us to the straight way) means, "Make us firm on the path of guidance and do not allow us to deviate from it.''

[صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّآلِّينَ

(7. The way of those upon whom You have bestowed Your grace, not (that) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray).

We mentioned the Hadith in which the servant proclaims,

[اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ ]

(Guide us to the straight way) and Allah says, "This is for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asks for.'' Allah's statement.

[صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ]

(The way of those upon whom You have bestowed Your grace) defines the path. `

Those upon whom Allah has bestowed His grace' are those mentioned in Surat An-Nisa' (chapter 4), when Allah said,

[وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَآءِ وَالصَّـلِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَـئِكَ رَفِيقاً - ذلِكَ الْفَضْلُ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَكَفَى بِاللَّهِ عَلِيماً ]

(And whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad ), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His grace, the Prophets, the Siddiqin (the truly faithful), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are! Such is the bounty from Allah, and Allah is sufficient to know) (4:69-70).

Allah's statement,

[غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّآلِّينَ]

(Not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray)

- meaning guide us to the straight path, the path of those upon whom you have bestowed Your grace, that is, the people of guidance, sincerity and obedience to Allah and His Messengers. They are the people who adhere to Allah's commandments and refrain from committing what He has prohibited. But, help us to avoid the path of those whom Allah is angry with, whose intentions are corrupt, who know the truth, yet deviate from it. Also, help us avoid the path of those who were led astray, who lost the true knowledge and, as a result, are wandering in misguidance, unable to find the correct path. Allah asserted that the two paths He described here are both misguided when He repeated the negation `not'. These two paths are the paths of the Christians and Jews, a fact that the believer should beware of so that he avoids them. The path of the believers is knowledge of the truth and abiding by it. In comparison, the Jews abandoned practicing the religion, while the Christians lost the true knowledge. This is why `anger' descended upon the Jews, while being described as `led astray' is more appropriate of the Christians. Those who know, but avoid implementing the truth, deserve the anger, unlike those who are ignorant. The Christians want to seek the true knowledge, but are unable to find it because they did not seek it from its proper resources.

This is why they were led astray. We should also mention that both the Christians and the Jews have earned the anger and are led astray, but the anger is one of the attributes more particular of the Jews. Allah said about the Jews,

[مَن لَّعَنَهُ اللَّهُ وَغَضِبَ عَلَيْهِ]

(Those (Jews) who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath) (5:60).

The attribute that the Christians deserve most is that of being led astray, just as Allah said about them,

[قَدْ ضَلُّواْ مِن قَبْلُ وَأَضَلُّواْ كَثِيراً وَضَلُّواْ عَن سَوَآءِ السَّبِيلِ]

(Who went astray before and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the right path) (5:77).

There are several Hadiths and reports from the Salaf on this subject. Imam Ahmad recorded that `Adi bin Hatim said, "The horsemen of the Messenger of Allah seized my paternal aunt and some other people. When they brought them to the Messenger of Allah , they were made to stand in line before him. My aunt said, `O Messenger of Allah! The supporter is far away, the offspring have stopped coming and I am an old woman, unable to serve. Grant me your favor, may Allah grant you His favor.' He said, `Who is your supporter' She said, `Adi bin Hatim.' He said, `The one who ran away from Allah and His Messenger' She said, `So, the Prophet freed me.' When the Prophet came back, there was a man next to him, I think that he was `Ali, who said to her, `Ask him for a means of transportation.' She asked the Prophet , and he ordered that she be given an animal.

''`Adi then said, "Later on, she came to me and said, `He (Muhammad :saw: ) has done a favor that your father (who was a generous man) would never have done. So and-so person came to him and he granted him his favor, and so-and-so came to him and he granted him his favor.' So I went to the Prophet and found that some women and children were gathering with him, so close that I knew that he was not a king like Kisra (King of Persia) or Caesar. He said, `O `Adi! What made you run away, so that La ilaha illallah is not proclaimed Is there a deity worthy of worship except Allah What made you run away, so that Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greater) is not proclaimed Is there anything Greater than Allah' I proclaimed my Islam and I saw his face radiate with pleasure and he said:

«إِنَّ الْمَغْضُوبَ عَلَيْهِمُ الْيَهُودُ وَ إِنَّ الضَّالِينَ النَّصَارَى»

(Those who have earned the anger are the Jews and those who are led astray are the Christians.)''

This Hadith was also collected by At-Tirmidhi who said that it is Hasan Gharib.

Also, when Zayd bin `Amr bin Nufayl went with some of his friends - before Islam - to Ash-Sham seeking the true religion, the Jews said to him, "You will not become a Jew unless you carry a share of the anger of Allah that we have earned.'' He said, "I am seeking to escape Allah's anger.'' Also, the Christians said to him, "If you become one of us you will carry a share in Allah's discontent.'' He said, "I cannot bear it.'' So he remained in his pure nature and avoided worshipping the idols and the polytheistic practices. He became neither a Jew, nor Christian. As for his companions, they became Christians because they found it more pure than Judaism. Waraqah bin Nawfal was among these people until Allah guided him by the hand of His Prophet, when he was sent as Prophet, and Waraqah believed in the revelation that was sent to the Prophet may Allah be pleased with him. http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=1&tid=523
May Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) guide us to the straight path. Ameen.

JenGiove

JenGiove, so you believe in Allah as One and what was sent down to Prophet Muhammad :saw:?

:salam2: Brother ditta,

Yes, there is only a single being in this world worthy to be God. I do not believe in the trinity as preached by the Catholic church. It would be like saying that me, my son Connor and the crayon that he uses to write things with are all one in the same. Its preposterous! As for what was sent down to Mohammad that is known as the Qu'ran, I am still undecided. I've yet to read the whole Qu'ran so to say that I believe it was sent down by God through his angel, Gabriel, would be unfair and an injustice. I personally feel that Mohammad himself was a great man who changed the world. He was thoughtful, kind, intelligent and honest. I think I would have enjoyed the opportunity to have a discourse with him relating to Islam and the Qu'ran. Beyond that, I have not formed an opinion yet.

Also remember that the previously revealed Books that are in circulation today have been altered

Well, that's a given. I mean, how can it not be altered since a meeting was held to decide which books to include in the "government approved" version of the bible. I refer to the Council of Nicaea with Emperor Constantine. In my mind, there should have been no "approving/disapproving" of any books. Also, language can not be accurately translated from one language to another. There are too many factors and sutle meanings behind each word that, just like when you photo copy a page and then photocopy that copy....eventually the information on the page is corrupted. Unfortunately, I can't read the old languages so I'll never know...and it's not like the Vatican is going to open up it's massive vaults and let us read the originals.

refer to this thread which looks at it briefly (http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76547) I hope I didn't sound patronising).

I took a peek and since it is so late here and the link is so extensive and I am unable to give it the due attention needed, I hope to be able to read it further tomorrow. As for being patronizing, no, you were not.

Be well...