Scary Thousands Evacuated Chile .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam
greeting!
Thousands evacuated as Chile's Villarrica volcano spews lava hundreds of metres into the air.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 10:20 AM - Thousands were evacuated as one of South America's most active volcanoes erupted early Tuesday morning, sending lava and ash hundreds of metres into the air.
Chile's Villarrica volcano began erupting around 3 a.m. local time, triggering a red alert and evacuation order. The eruption continued for a few hours and calmed by dawn.
Villarrica is covered by a glacier cap that spans approximately 40 square kilometres, as well as snow.
Heat generated from the eruption caused snow to melt rapidly, contributing to rising water levels in nearby rivers, cutting off passage in two nearby bridges. The increased water levels also brought an elevated risk of mudslides
About 3,500 residents and tourists were evacuated from the vicinity. A 10-kilometer area around the volcano was closed off for 24 hours.
By the afternoon, officials began allowing some of the evacuees to return to their homes. Approximately 400 people were forced to sleep in shelters because their houses were deemed to close to the volcano.
“It was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen,” 29-year-old Australian tourist Travis Armstrong told the National Post.
“I’ve never seen a volcano erupt and it was spewing lava and ash hundreds of metres into the air. Lightning was striking down at the volcano from the ash cloud that formed from the eruption.”
Chilean President Michelle Bachelet was in the area yesterday surveying the situation before addressing reporters and sharing her joy that the situation had calmed down.
Government officials were still working in Pucon as of Wednesday morning trying to reach families that had been left isolated because of the impassable bridges.
A water alert is also in effect for the area. Residents in nearby areas have been asked not to drink any water until the tests have determined it to be safe to do so.
Villarrica is located near the city of Pucon, which is home to about 22,000 people. Its last major eruption was in 1984.
~News.

Thank you for reading,
~Wassalam.