Video Thousands of Danish People turning to Islam in Denmark

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

Here is a Muslim from Denmark talking in an Islamic Conference.

He mentioned how many Danish people are reverting to Islam, and the need for knowledge about Islam to be taught in Europe in the language of the country Muslims are living in.

Here's the video:

[yt]3z4JLRImFqw[/yt]

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

salehya

Asalmu alycom !
Mashallah mashallah , Allahu akbar , all praise to Allah , the one n the onely , the merciful , the compassionate , n Allah's blessings and peace upon our beloved prophet Muhammed !

firdeus

Alhamdulilah! MashaAllah la haule we la kuwete ila bilah. The point raised by the imam is so true. Hope things get going every day in the right direction with the help of Allah teala. Very happy for our brothers and sister in Denmark.

Jazak Allahu khair for sharing with us.

:salam2: :hijabi:

38khadj

:salam2:
:ma: it was good to hear so many reverting in Denmark.
What was particually good for me was the fact that yes we do need to hear the countrys own language spoken in Mosques taleem ect because it just isnt happening. Inshallah we will mov e forward with this.
:wasalam:

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

Is that Abdul-Waheed Pedersen?

MashaAllah, islam is growing in Scandinavia.

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Yep! He is.

What is the name of that Pakistani Dr in Islamic Culture Center in Oslo who gives talks on Thursdays after Madghrib?

Brothers were telling me that his Norweigian is superb! I obviously didn't get a word of it. :)

Salaam aleikum

Is that Abdul-Waheed Pedersen?

MashaAllah, islam is growing in Scandinavia.

UmmOf3

Sadly I dont live in Oslo, so I dont really know... I think it can not be the imam, Mehbob ur-Rehman, because he is not so good in Norwegian... When I am in Oslo, I never go to the Islamic Cultural Centre hehe. I had some bad experience with them before, when they were in their old building. I tried a couple of times to go there to pray, but they did not let me, because I was a woman, and told me to go home and pray. Yeah, walk 600 km to Bergen, to pray? They were really rude. And anti-Norwegian before also.

Now I heard many reverts go there, specially men, mashaAllah.

I go to Rabita when I am in Oslo, they always do khutba in Norwegian, no other masjid offers that...

UmmOf3

Sorry, Mehbob ur-Rehman is in another masjid... A doctor? Maybe its the politician? Dont remember his name but... Khalid Mahmod or something?

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Me and my 3 friends got thrown out of Oslo; so don't worry. :)

Skinny about 5'7", goatie beard & dresses very smartly...he has helped a lot of people revert & people love him in Oslo and he also speaks fluent English & Urdu.

He is not a scholar...

People say that you can't tell when he is speaking that he is NOT a native Norweigian.

Everywhere we went in Norway we were asked to lead prayers, give talks (translations in Urdu/Somali etc.) & then we got thrown out in OSLO! :)

Absolute comedy.

Sadly I dont live in Oslo, so I dont really know... I think it can not be the imam, Mehbob ur-Rehman, because he is not so good in Norwegian... When I am in Oslo, I never go to the Islamic Cultural Centre hehe. I had some bad experience with them before, when they were in their old building. I tried a couple of times to go there to pray, but they did not let me, because I was a woman, and told me to go home and pray. Yeah, walk 600 km to Bergen, to pray? They were really rude. And anti-Norwegian before also.

Now I heard many reverts go there, specially men, mashaAllah.

I go to Rabita when I am in Oslo, they always do khutba in Norwegian, no other masjid offers that...

Wiseguy74

Assalam o Alaikum,

I live in Oslo and goes to both Islamic Culture Centre and Rabita on almost regular basis. Imam Mahboob ur Rahman always gives biyan before Khutba and Dars ul Quran on sundays in urdu and in Rabita Bother Siqandar Madni gives a small talk in norwegian before Khutba which always is in arabic. In Madni masjid biyan before Khutba is in both urdu & norwegian. In every masjid khutba is always read in arabic. To the best of my knowledge. Wassalam

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

There is a Pakistani Dr who gives a lot of Dawah in Norweigian; can't remeber his name.

I don't know Norweigian but he spoke with almost no accent and fluently for about an hour!

I also noticed that similar to UK; in Norway (even outside of Oslo) the Khutbah is usually in Arabic....

In UK Khutbah in Masajid is in Arabic & at university campuses in English etc.

Assalam o Alaikum,

I live in Oslo and goes to both Islamic Culture Centre and Rabita on almost regular basis. Imam Mahboob ur Rahman always gives biyan before Khutba and Dars ul Quran on sundays in urdu and in Rabita Bother Siqandar Madni gives a small talk in norwegian before Khutba which always is in arabic. In Madni masjid biyan before Khutba is in both urdu & norwegian. In every masjid khutba is always read in arabic. To the best of my knowledge. Wassalam

UmmOf3

Assalam o Alaikum,

Yes, I meant they do a brief translation to Norwegian of the khutbah in Rabita. There is one, a gambian masjid in Grønland that do the khutbah in its total in Norwegian, and then a brief obligatory part in arabic. Most of their members does not understand a word arabic, so why bother keeping khutbah in a language people cant understand hehe...

I always prefered Rabita, thats the only place I have been, where I was not thrown out for being a woman... But then again, I did not try too many masjids, mainly we bumped on some pakistani/indian masjids, they rejected us, but usually somali, moroccan and the international ones, would never do that.

Globalpeace

Banned
Friday Khutbah in other then Arabic!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

UK has the same issue and people ask as to why Khtubah is given in a language (Arabic) which is not understood by many and there are a few answers:

1) Most Muslims in UK are Hanafee from Indian/Pakistani background and according to Hanafi Madhab it is Makrroh to issue Khutbah in ARABIC if the Imam knows Arabic

2) Khutbah is NOT a speech, rather it is Dhikr & part of Salah; there is NO condition that you have to understand Khutbah for your Salah to be valid; although it is obviously beneficial

3) Muslims in UK have the “custom” borrowed from sub-continent/Turkey/Afghanistan to give a talk in the native language BEFORE Jummuah

4) There is NO sound and undisputed precedence of Khutbah being delivered in any language besides Arabic by Sahaba (RA), Taba’een (RA) & Taba Taba’een (RA) when they visited lands where ARABIC was not spoken but there is NO evidence of prohibition either

a. Khutbah in language other then Arabic is permissible according to Imam Abu Hanfeea (RA) in the Hanafi Madhab; hence Egyptian/Syrian/Jordanian scholars give a Fatwa of permissibility
b. Khutbah in language other then Arabic is Makrooh (disliked) according to Imam Abu Yusuf (RA) in the Hanafi Madhab
c. It is well known that when the students of Imam Abu Hangeefa (RA) disagree with him; it is a stronger Madhab and the evidence is stronger!
Hence the Indian/Pakistani scholars give Fatwa on the stronger opinion

Please note that I am not very knowledgeable in anything let alone in Hanafi Madhab; so just giving background information…I don’t know which one is stronger according to Qur’aan/Sunnah

d. I do understand that there is NO sound undisputed evidence to give Khutbah in a language other then Arabic
e. I do understand that there is NO sound undisputed evidence for the prohibition give Khutbah in a language other then Arabic

I have not formally studied Hanafi Madhab & in Hanbali Madhab “e” automatically means permissibility (Iqtidha Siratul-Mustqeem by Shaykh Ibn-e-Taimiyyah); hence the Fatwa of scholars of Saudia for the permissibility of giving Khutbah in native languages

I whole-heartedly agree that our Imams in matters (other then Khutbah); should use local language since there is no difference of opinion on that!

P.S: Caution! As always this is background information ONLY!

Yes, I meant they do a brief translation to Norwegian of the khutbah in Rabita. There is one, a gambian masjid in Grønland that do the khutbah in its total in Norwegian, and then a brief obligatory part in arabic. Most of their members does not understand a word arabic, so why bother keeping khutbah in a language people cant understand hehe...

I always prefered Rabita, thats the only place I have been, where I was not thrown out for being a woman... But then again, I did not try too many masjids, mainly we bumped on some pakistani/indian masjids, they rejected us, but usually somali, moroccan and the international ones, would never do that.