Thread Deleted

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
Thread deleted by the author of the thread. This thread is not deleted by the moderator. I just wanted to get rid of this video that was causing a lot of disputes on this thread.

Last edited:

Anas_L

Young Muslim
I love this brother. He's always so happy, always says PBUH after he says Muhammad's (PBUH) name. Mashallah.

Last edited:

Cariad

Not sure why these two examples were chosen. Besides how does anyone know what either men knew or did not know about Islam or even what they rejected! Surely this is a matter between themselves and Almighty God, why is it even discussion?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Only Allah knows who goes to hell fire, who not.

We better try to live OUR life that WE are not going to there.

:rolleyes:

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Mandela's advisers and supporters/group members were mostly Muslim. So it is clear he got the Message. He even mentions them in his book a little bit. Even Ahmad Deedat gave him dawah...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Whether or not someone is Muslim, this is the choice that they make in life. There is nothing wrong with respecting that, and why not get on with our own lives? Islam does not teach us to go hyper over whether someone (especially strangers) are Muslim or not, or if they are going to hell or heaven.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
There was nothing wrong with this thread or the video you posted. It is a useful reminder in sha Allah. Jazak Allahu khayran for sharing. Take care.

Oem Soufiane

Who are te jews and christians who will enter paradise?

For the time being, I do not have the resources to quote the exact Quranic verse, nor can I tell you what sura it has been taken from. However, I believe it is a common verse. I understand little Arabic; hence I found that in English. The verse can be interpretted as such:
The godfearing Jews, muslims and christians will not have fear (on that day).
I am not exactly sure of the bracketted phrase.
Now my question to you: is it mistranliteration?
We know that christians and jews in general cannot be hoped to have any sanction in the life hereafter. So, how do we understand the verse?

answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

What you refer to in your question is mentioned in two similar aayaat in the Qur’aan. The first of them is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):“Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” [al-Baqarah 2:62]

The second is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Surely, those who believe, those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” [al-Maa’idah 5:69]

In order to understand these aayaat correctly, we need to refer to the scholars of Tafseer (Qur’aanic commentary). The great Imaam Ismaa’eel ibn Katheer, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his tafseer of the aayah from Soorat al-Baqarah:

“Allaah, may He be exalted, points out that whoever of the previous nations did well and was obedient, will have a good reward, and this will be the case for everyone who follows the Unlettered Prophet [Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until the Hour comes – he will have eternal happiness, and they will not fear what they are going to face, nor will they grieve for what they have left behind. As Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘No doubt! Verily, the awliya’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much, and love Allaah much], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.’ [Yoonus 10:62]. And Allaah tells us what the angels say to the believers at the time of death (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, those who say, “Our Lord is Allaah,” then they istaqaamu [stood straight, i.e., truly followed Islam], on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): “Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!”’ [Fussilat 41:30]

As far as the Jews are concerning, their faith meant believing in the Tawraat (original Torah) and following the way of Moosa (peace be upon him) until ‘Eesa came, after which whoever continued to follow the Torah and the way of Moosa, and did not leave this and follow ‘Eesa, was doomed. As far as the Christians are concerned, their faith meant believing in the Injeel (original Gospel) and following the laws of ‘Eesa; whoever did this was a believer whose faith was acceptable to Allaah, until Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came, after which whoever did not follow Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and leave the way of ‘Eesa and the Injeel that he had been following before, was doomed.

The aayah (interpretation of the meaning), “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85] is a statement that Allaah will not accept any way or deed from anyone, after sending His Final Messenger, except those that are in accordance with the laws of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Prior to this, however, anyone who followed the Prophet of his own time was on the Straight Path of salvation. So the Jews were those who followed Moosa (peace be upon him) and referred to the Tawraat for judgement at that time. When Allaah sent ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), the Children of Israel were obliged to follow him and obey him, and so they and others who followed him became Christians.. When Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as the Final Prophet and a Messenger to all the children of Adam, all of mankind was obliged to believe in him and obey him, and refrain from what he prohibited. Those who did so are the true believers. The ummah (nation) of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are called the believers because of their deep eemaan (faith) and conviction, and because they believe in all the past Prophets and in the prophesied events that are yet to come.”

Commenting on the aayah in Soorat al-Baqarah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“What is meant is that every group believed in Allaah and the Last Day, which is the appointed Day of Reckoning, and did righteous deeds. But after Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent to both mankind and the jinn, true belief can only be in accordance with the way of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever follows his way will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Oem Soufiane

There are some things, even for people who call themselves muslims, wich can put you outside the fold of islam. For example not praying, magic (incl. taweez)or other shirk, wich you can commit in several forms even though you think you're muslim.
After saying this, what about the people who never accepted or investigated islam whilst they could.
If someone hears about islam, we all have the ability to investigate it. If you don't, that's up to you.
Allah is all forgiving and most mercifull, but it is not that you can just pick and choose whatever you want to do, and certanly not wich religion fits you or your surroundings better. Almost everyone has heard about islam one way or another, we can't judge about wether someone is going to hell or not, except in the case Allah swt mentioned the clear signs. We all have to strive for our own hereafter, and worry about ourselves as sort of stated above, but in the meanwhile advise others around us.
May Allah swt guide the people with clean hearts and forgive the muslimeen Ameen.

Precious Star

Honestly, instead of wondering who is and is not going to paradise, why don't you all just focus on your actions instead of others. There are so many other horrific challenges facing muslims right now -- perhaps we should use our collective energy to solve those challenges, such as what is happening in Nigeria.

muslimhanif

The Messenger of Allah – peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him – said, "By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muḥammad, there is no-one of this Community, Jew or Christian, who hears of me then dies without believing in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell." (Saḥīḥ Muslim)

Cariad

Christians and Jews will not go to the same paradise as muslims, Jesus said...

John 14:2

2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

So do not worry for us, we are assured our own place with God. Concentrate on your own lives. Because the standards that you apply yourself in your actions towards others will be used against you at the judgement. That includes all of mankind not just those of your ummah

Blessings