:bismillah:
:salam2: bros n sis
how to use a two languages keyboard
Part 1
Go to start button n click control panel
Look for regional n languages option
Choose Arabic (Saudi Arabia) for myself
Then click apply
Now whenever u turn on your system you will see EN, if u mouse over it you cud see EN n AR
Im using window xp for ur info,Pls note ur email will have the arabic font once u change to 2 languages keyboard

Part 2
Open microsoft word
Left click on the EN n change to ARthe font should remain as times new roman or whatever font your using
When u type you will get the Arabic char eg
q w e r t y is EN – lower case
غ ف ق ث ص ض is AR
Press the left shift key
Q W E R T then change En to AR
َ ً ُ ٌ لإ is AR upper case
For Arabic numbers u would have to change the font to arb naskh with EN
hope those who r keen to learn to used the 2 languages keyboard understand my english
I guess we cant used the numbers here cos bro Mabsoot didnt have arb naskh as fonts .It works when i use microsoft word
:wasalam: :hijabi:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:bismillah:
:salam2: bros n sis
how to use a two languages keyboard
Part 1
Go to start button n click control panel
Look for regional n languages option
Choose Arabic (Saudi Arabia) for myself
Then click apply
Now whenever u turn on your system you will see EN, if u mouse over it you cud see EN n AR
Im using window xp for ur info,Pls note ur email will have the arabic font once u change to 2 languages keyboard

Part 2
Open microsoft word
Left click on the EN n change to ARthe font should remain as times new roman or whatever font your using
When u type you will get the Arabic char eg
q w e r t y is EN – lower case
غ ف ق ث ص ض is AR
Press the left shift key
Q W E R T then change En to AR
َ ً ُ ٌ لإ is AR upper case
For Arabic numbers u would have to change the font to arb naskh with EN
hope those who r keen to learn to used the 2 languages keyboard understand my english
I guess we cant used the numbers here cos bro Mabsoot didnt have arb naskh as fonts .It works when i use microsoft word
:wasalam: :hijabi:

JazakAllah khair sister. I was like wondering where is EN . And i found it to be near the bottom right.
Now , i can write in arabic. This is soo..fun

Any idea how to know the alphabet A represents what arabic character besides typing manually?

seekerofpeace

May I add how to have dual language keyboard on the macintosh?

In Macintosh OS X, click on the apple and then System Preferences, click on the flag and then on "input menu" scroll down until you find the language you want.

May I suggest checking the box for "Show input menu in menu bar" Now when you want to switch languages you click on the flag in the top right corner to the language you want.

Salaam,
Matthew