Tolerance of the Ulama (By Shaykh Al-Albani (RA))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
[This was taken from the Fataawa that the Sheik delivered in Jeddah entitled (Fatawa Jeddah –Taqwa Tape stores/Tape number 8989-The series was originally recorded by A'thaar Islamic tape store in Jeddah) year 1410H/Jumada al-Akhirah-Tape 2]

Sheik Muhammad Naasir ad-Deen al-Albani, may Allah have mercy on him, was asked:

Sheik I work in an Islamic tape store, and I am curious as regards the responsibility one would hold (or the appropriateness) of selling and distributing tapes for some people who do not follow the Salafi Manhaj…for example for people who are related to political groups which are present today, such as the Ikhwaanis and Tableegh and their likes. Some brothers gave me a verdict concerning this that I should not distribute or record their tapes at all. Whereas some others said that I should choose the good and appropriate tapes which contain no conflicts with the the Shari'ah or the Manhaj of the Salaf…I am quite confused regarding this issue…I ask Allah, the Exalted, to remove this confusion, by your Fatwa…Jazaak Allah.

The Sheik, may Allah have mercy on him answered: There is no doubt that the second opinion which you mentioned is the correct opinion; for indeed the Hikmah (wisdom) is a thing which the believer seeks most, wherever he hears it…he takes it. Even though this Hadeeth is a weak Hadeeth; it is enough for us that it can be counted as a few words of wisdom, which we can then apply…and we do not fanatically become enthusiastic to our Madth'hab as the other followers of the other Madhaahib have done.

We are the followers of the truth, wherever this truth is, and from wherever it comes from…the Hikmah is the thing the believer seeks most, wherever he finds it, he takes it.

So if you happen to come across an article or a research for a person who is associated with one of those groups, which with great sorrow, do not follow the Salafi Manhaj, but in it you find a reminder which reminds you of some Ayat, and some authentic Hadeeth, there is no reason not to distribute these researches, whether it be an audio cassette, as long as there is nothing in it which conflicts with the Qur'an and Sunnah, and the Manhaj of the pious predecessors.

This is a problem (which we face today) which is not just focused on audio matter…rather it goes beyond that to written works, which are more widespread than audio tapes. So is it correct or appropriate for the distributor of the books, or the salesperson to print and to sell what is not in accordance to the Salafi Manhaj? The answer…it is almost impossible for any book to be completely free from any type of conflicting statement, rather we should consider the following two points (when considering a cassette or written material):

1. The first thing that the audio tape or written book should not be calling to the wrong Manhaj (i.e. a Manhaj other than the Manhaj of the Salaf as-Saalih).

2. That the truth (correct issues) are more than the incorrect ones.
Imam Malik, may Allah have mercy on him, said: 'There is no person amongst us, except that his statement would be rejected (or taken) except for the one in this grave.'

Therefore the printing and distribution of audio cassettes and books should be scrutinized in light of the two above points.

If then, you are asking about an audio cassette that does not conflict with the Salafi Manhaj, I do not see any reason, whatsoever for preventing the distribution of this sort of audio material, (it should not be prevented) just because the one speaking is not on the Salafi Manhaj, such that he is a Khalafi, or a Hizbee, or their likes.

This is what the knowledge necessitates, what the fairness necessitates, and what the attempt of gathering between the differences between the different Jama'ah (groups) of today necessitates. This in summary is my answer to your question.

The Sheik, may Allah have mercy on him, was further asked: Some of those who say that all audio material for those who are not on the Salafi Manhaj should be prevented, say that distributing a tape for those people would be like giving Tazkiyyah to their Manhaj, and would point to the fact that we are happy and pleased (with their Manhaj) and all that say in those tapes…whether correct or incorrect.

The Sheik, may Allah have mercy on him, said: I believe that the above statement contains a certain extent of exaggeration. If we assume that a person wrote a research or a booklet in which he gathered the Hadeeth pertaining to the Dhikr (to be said throughout the day and night), from Saheeh al-Bukhari…and he is not a Salafi…What is the veracity of the above statement on this booklet or research? And what is the link between distributing this booklet and supporting his Manhaj?

NO, rather we support our Manhaj by distributing his booklet, because he compiled his booklet in light of our method, by choosing the authentic Hadeeth. I believe that the above statement contains a certain extent exaggeration. And Allah knows best.

[Translated by Abdur-Rahmaan, a student of Shar'ah in M. Ibn Saud University, Riyadh]

maisarah

NICE post,its interesting! thanks for sharing.its true in a hadith Allah messenger salallahi wasalam,but only for who believe the existance of Allah subhana huwataala,Muhammad salallahi wasallam,authentics hadith.

Chapter 46: SERIOUS PROHIBITION OF TALE-CARRYING Book 001, Number 0189: It is reported from Hudhaifa that news reached him (the Holy Prophet) that a certain man carried tales. Upon this Hudhaifa remarked: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saying: The tale-bearer shall not enter Paradise.-imam muslim

Hammam b, al-Harith that a man used to carry tales to the governor. We were sitting in the mosque.

"lied about me isnt same lied to others,if somebodys lied (tale barrer about the hadith) about me for a purpose,please book your place in a hell fire"-imam muslim.

Wassalamualaykum.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualikum akhi

After reading this thread , i love the sheikh even more. I thought salafees are strict about manhaj, but really some salafees need to take this thread seriously.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

The Truth is the Truth. If someone states something correct i.e an ayah from quran or a hadith or that which is in accordance with the latter, then it is correct even if that person is from ahlul bidah or even if he is a non-Muslim.

This does not mean we go around taking our Islamic knowledge from ahlul bidah and those who do Shirk. Or go about sitting and studying with these peoples.

Most people dont know how to differentiate the Truth. It is not good for people to start learning from Ahlul Bidah and not from the trust worthy Ulema'.

- So, remember that this fatwa is only about that material which does not contain any falsehood in it. - i.e. no dodgy Aqeedah or other issues.

This does not mean we do not warn against those people who happen to spread ideas that are not in accordance with the Qur'aan and Sunnah. - Infact, it is duty for every Muslim to make sure that our brothers and sisters learn from only those who are inshaAllah upon the correct understanding of Islam.

Unfortunately, there are some people who run behind trees and start crying if a Scholar genuinely warns against the bad callers. And if a brother gives evidence in light of quran and sunnah they reject it, in order to maintain their position holding on to the tail of their "imam"/Scholar.

Many of our Scholars, including the late Shaykh Albani Rahimahullah spoke out against those people who take the role of "Scholars", but are acting and saying things contrary to the correct beliefs.

From 'Abdur-Rahman ibn Yazeed who said : I heard 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood say: "Beware of the innovations which the people invent, since the Deen does not pass out of the hearts all at once - rather Shaitaan introduces innovations for him until he expels Eemaan from the heart; and it will soon happen that the people will abandon the obligatory duties which Allaah has made binding upon them - the Prayer, the Fast, the lawful and the prohibited, and speak about their Lord - the Mighty and Majestic. So who ever reaches that time then let him flee." It was said: O Aboo Abdur-Rahman, to where? He said: "Not to anywhere, he should flee with his heart and his Deen and not sit with anyone of the people of innovation."

Al-Hasan [i.e. Al-Basaree] used to say: "Do not sit with the people of innovated beliefs, do not debate with them and do not listen to them."

Aboo Qulaabah who said: "Do not sit with them and do not mix with them for I do not feel safe that they will not drown you in their misguidance and confuse you about much that you used to know."

...al - Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad said: "Whichever man someone comes to asking for advice and he directs him to an innovator then he has acted deceitfully towards Islam, and beware of entering upon a person of innovation since they prevent from the truth."

- These just some of the quotes from our Pious predecessors regarding making sure we learn from correct source and keeping our Islam unaffected by the various evil callers.

al-Fudayl said: "Allah has angels who seek out the gatherings of dhikr - so look to whose gathering you sit in - let it not be with the person of innovation since Allah will not look to them, and the sign of Hypocrisy is that a man gets up and sits with an innovator."

al-Fudayl said: "Glad tidings for one who died upon Islam and the Sunnah - and if that is the
case then let one say much : As Allah wills (Maa Shaa Allah)."

May Allah make us those who are Muslims, who do their best to follow the quran and sunnah with the understanding of the early Muslims. - For this is what Islam is.

'Abdullaah ibn 'Umar as-Sarkhusee - the scholar of al-Khazar - said: I ate a single meal with an innovator and Ibn al-Mubaarak heard of it so he said : "I will not speak to him for thirty days."

'Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak said: "The person of innovation has darkness in his face even if he anoints it thirty times a day."

al-Hasan al-Basaree, who said: "There are three have no inviolability with regard to backbiting: one of them is the person of innovation who calls to his innovation."

It is unfortunate, that many of our brothers and sisters are away from wanting to practise Islam according to Quran and Sunnah and also those that do not realise the great pearls of wisdom we had with our Ulema' that we have had in our past and present.

PS. Al Kathiri, EVERY Muslim must be strict with Manhaj and Aqeedah (they are both same).. There is no NOT being Strict in making sure we follow Islam properly.

~Wasalamu Alaykum.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him)

Question: I have started to become committed recently, praise be to Allaah. In our area there is the Jamaaat al-Tableegh, who go out for thirty days or more. People say different things about them. Some say, don?t go out with them, because their going out is an innovation (bidah) and they have some mistaken ideas. Others advised me to go out with them. What is the correct view concerning that? Should I go out with them or not?.

Answer:praise be to Allaah.

We have already discussed this group and some of their pros and cons.

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daaiyahs have had. How many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and how many evildoers has Allaah guided through them

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting dawah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shar?i evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization. If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of shareeah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.

Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.

And Allaah is the Source of strength

(end quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.