Tradition of first importance !?

Agus Rahadian

Indonesian society has become a habit for going home and hanging out with the family at the time of 'Eid al-Fitr. They will be working on it despite having to queue for hours on the highway. To get objective, under normal circumstances can take considerable time 1 or 2 hours, but when going to reach 5 or 6 hours to reach the destination. They are willing to scramble into the bus or train, carrying souvenirs.
One thing that amazed me is they are willing to not run in the month of Ramadan shaum just for homecoming!? They even eat in the open air during the day.
I do not oppose the homecoming court, it was good. I do not like their attitude to willingly leave shaum
intentionally even openly eating and drinking during the day in the month of Ramadan.
I submit this is not open disgrace Indonesian society, just think of it as information to determine the general condition of the majority of Indonesian people are Muslims. Turns tradition of first importance.
(Sorry I'm not fluent in english)

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
:salam:
It is allowed to break the fast when travelling, but I seem to remember the journey had to have a valid reason, for business or some other necessity. Just to travel to visit family, I don't think this was enough, but I don't think it is only in Indonesia people do this.

It does seem strange to break the fast just to travel home in time for Eid. Think how much happier they would be if they waited one day then could celebrate having completed the fast, and not having days to make up later.

I wish you a blessed Eid

Agus Rahadian

wa'alaikumsalam
yes, I agree with you, for according to al Quran and al-Hadith. If you do not study Islam correctly, here would be difficult to distinguish between tradition and religion. It's happening syncretism, tradition and religion.
Thank you for responding.

I wish you a blessed Eid, too