trouble finding certain ingredients and cooking

Kanini

As u all know my name is Kanini. I live in Barbados a Caribbean island nation. I can cook basic things like rice, chicken, pasta and the like. But what I really want is to prepare an exotic dish (or like 7 of 'em) for my family and myself. Some herbs are also hard to find here since some indian dishes consist of herbs found in india where are sometimes not found anywhere else but there. Some ingredients, etc. are more processed here than in india, e.g, u cant find curry leaves in B'dos, but u can find curry powder. I know they are practically the same thing, but they're dufferrent. Some herbs are also foreign to me, e.g., i've never heard of a herb called cilantro. So in that light i would like my fellow members of this community to contribute exotic, extraordinary recipes with ingredients that are native to the Caribbean.(contribute even if they consist of foreign herbs or you're not sure)

Thx alot

From ur half muslim, half christian friend

Kanini :hijabi:

Delyan

Im sorry not to being able to help u for i don't know the indian cook at all.. But have u trued to search on the net..i mean some sites proposing these kind of recipes ...?

SISTER Delyan

wa salam ( continue ur way to Allah, we re all proud of u by the way..)

slave.of.AllahSW

AoA wr wb,
sister kanini... cilantro is kinda like parsley leaves.. there is another name for cilantro, cant think of it right now. but try the website i posted www.desicookbook.com. This has ingredients with pictures in it. tht might help you find em.

:wasalam:

Barbara13

Cilantro is also called Coriander or Chinese Parsley. It has a distinct flavor, which I LOVE!!

Let me know what spices you need. I can ask a friend of ours whose Bajan if he knows where to get stuff like that.