True Love

karen

sorry for asking such a stupid question but does true love exist in islam?
is it wrong to feel u love some one so much it hurts?
if i feel uncomfotable in my own house will i go to hell?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Selamun alaykum

What do you mean by true love?? :)

If it is between a man and woman, the relationship should only be one made through marriage. Not before.

Although, it is possible that you could love the person you are going to marry before getting married, as long as you saw and spoke to them with a mahram present. A mahram being a male guardian. It could be a brother, a father etc.... But, in case of a new Muslim it would be a person of noble character such as an Imam.

the feeling of Love is one which is natural, but it is also a test and we need to make sure that these feelings are confined to what is allowed in Islam. - Also, If you do speak to someone of the opposite sex for marriage, make sure that you do so in polite and informal manner.

In Islam, Love comes after marriage. Marriages are arranged according to the qualities, character and personality of the other person. The person is judged on what they truly have, rather than an intangible feeling that could blur a person's vision of what the reality is.

if i feel uncomfotable in my own house will i go to hell?

No, why should you? Its not a sin to feel unhappy with your house, family or anyone... It is a sin however, to disrespect your parents and family. But, you can not obey your parents or any other person if they try and make you do something against Islam.

And anyway, Whether one goes to hell or not is not even for us to decide.

If the heart is full of Love for Allah life will be easy

Assalamo Alaikoum
As brother Mabsoot explained it. True love is the one who can be shared by a wife and her husband (if you ask about a relation between man and woman).
Allah says " And one of His signs is that He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find rest in them, and He put between you love and compassion; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect." Sourat N°30 verse n° 21

And if you ask about love in islam as religion Allah says : Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL Sourat N° 1 verse n° 31
and in the same Sourat in verse n° 76 Allah says " Yea, whoever fulfills his promise and guards (against evil)-- then surely Allah loves those who guard (against evil)."

Salam

smikoq

True Love of a muslim

:salam2: The true love of a Muslim is the Love with Allah (swt). Love with Allah (swt) mean to obey the commandments of Allah (swt); The love with Allah (swt) is to love someone or something only for the seek of Allah (swt), And hate someone or something only for the seek of Allah(swt). Allah is the most merciful, He love each and every humanbeing more than 70 times a mother love with her child. Allah is the creator, and he knows the best what is good for his creation. I would say that true love is not the love which happens in fulfilling your own physical and sexual desires, but it really mean to give up your own desires for being fulfilling others rights.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Although, it is possible that you could love the person you are going to marry before getting married, as long as you saw and spoke to them with a mahram present. A mahram being a male guardian. It could be a brother, a father etc.... But, in case of a new Muslim it would be a person of noble character such as an Imam.

Question about the mahram male thing.. so the meeting has to be with a male guardian brother, father from the GIRL's side only? What if one (male) took their mother along?

AishaR

:salam2:

True love does exist..... I am very much in love with my husband.

I am a little unsure just what you are trying to ask??

:wasalam:

Abdul Malik

Love and hate for ALLAH

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

Loving and hating should be for the sake of ALLAH.

We have to be careful we dont end up falling in shirk by Loving someone or something more then we should.

MODERATION IN LOVE AND HATRED.

/// He SAAW said : "Love the one whom you love in moderation
perhaps one day he will be one whom you hate, and hate the one
whom you hate in moderation perhaps one day he will be one whom
you love." (Saheeh, see Saheehul-Jaami' [no.176]. Reported
by at-Tirmidhee and others. Also see Ghaayatul-Maraam
(no.472).

/// So we find that taking the middle course involves all aspects of
Islam even with regards to feelings, emotions and affections.
Therefore 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab said: "O Aslam do not love
beyond due bounds, not hate maliciously." He asked, "How is
that?" 'Umar replied, "When you love then do not be like a
child besotted with something, and if you hate then do not
hate to the extent that you wish your companion to perish
and be destroyed." (Reported by al-Bukhari in al-Adaabul-
Mufrad [no.1322], 'Abdur-Razzaq in al-Musannaf
[no.30269] and al-Baghawee in Sharhus-Sunnaah [13/65].
Its isnaad is saheeh.)

There are people who recognize Allah as the Creator, the Owner and the Sustainer of the universe, and yet love others more than Him. Some people love money more than they love Allah and for this reason, they do not pay zakat or they gain their money from unlawful sources. They are the slaves of Dirhams and Dinars, or in today’s terminology, the slaves of Dollars. The Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: “He who became the slave of the Dinar or the Dirham will perish and be destroyed.” (This is part of a hadith related by Al-Bukhari). Some people love their desires more than they love Allah. Consequently, they would follow their desires even when they lead to disobeying Allah: “Do you see the one who is taking as his lord his own desires?” (Qur’an 25:43). Therefore, loving Allah and His Messenger more than anything is a precondition for tasting the sweetness of faith. It has been narrated in an authentic hadith that the Prophet sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: “There are three qualities whosoever has them will taste the sweetness of Iman: loving Allah and His Messenger above all else, loving someone solely for the sake of Allah, and hating to return to disbelief after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate being thrown into Hellfire.” (Related by Al-Bukhari). Allah has put two criteria to test whether one’s love for Him is more than the love of anything else. The first is the following of the Sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam. Allah says: “Say (Muhammad), if you do love Allah, follow me, Allah will love you (in return) and forgive your sins” (Qur’an 3:31). Thus, following the Sunnah in all aspects of our lives is absolutely essential. The second criterion to know if one’s love of Allah is more than anything else is through jihad for the sake of Allah: “Say: If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives or your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline or the houses in which you delight, are dearer to you than Allah or His Messenger, or the jihad for Allah’s sake; then wait until Allah brings about his decision; and Allah does not guide the rebellious,” (Qur’an 9:24).

ALLAH make us grow in LOVE for eachother as an ummah and have mercy upon our souls.....ameen

Maryam Sayyidina

True Love is exist in Islam, but you have to place your true love to Allah. Allah wants us love Allah first, mean that we do everything that Allah like. Including to love other, like our family, friends etc.

Maybe if you want to find true love now, you can started by knowing Allah. When you want to start knowing Allah and love Allah more, you just simply start knowing yourself. Why are you in this world, why Allah create you etc.
In the end you will never regret Allah's love that bring us to others love, to our family, our friend.

Gradually I am sure you will understand more about true love which always headed to Allah.

ShyHijabi

Wow, this thread is almost 2 years old and brought back to life. Maybe we should make it where old threads automatically lock or something? It would avoid serious confusion.