Tutorial on Posting

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
This is a quick tutorial on how to post videos into new threads, its simple really.

Firstly, the content must be of Islamic nature or related to the Topics in which it will appear. The videos will be monitored to make sure they are in accordance with Islamic rulings AND to make sure that the content has on Sound Islamic references.. rather than merely allowing "every video". So it must be in accordance with Quran and Sunnah. Of course, this is to be judged by the site admin. Dont like the rules? then simply dont post!

1. Give the Thread a suitable title.

2. Give a good description. This helps those clicking the topic and also it is useful for when a topic of interest is placed on the frontpage. Please make the description Minimum of two to three sentences. Around 20 words -- Maximum of 80 (Before the Vido, you may add as much information AFTER the video as required).
-------------------

Want to Add Video? Its easy. You may search and find a video, or you may make an account and upload your own to Video Google.

[vg] Video ID number here [/vg.] -------- do it without the "." and it will work. inshaAllah.

The ID can be found at the top of Video Google page.

For a YouTube Video, enter the number between [yt]number here[/yt.] -------- again do so without the period "." in the bracket (( think about it, the . stops the code working on these tutorial pages, else how could i show you ? ))

Thats all there is to it, html and other code does not work on these Forums for security reasons. The system above is great for adding video from two of the common video sites.

audie7476

Downloadable videos

Assaalaammu'alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Dear (brother and sister) moderators, thank you for your responses to my posts.
As I wrote about the uploading problem which I had some weeks ago, I wasn't sure whether the sluggishness of uploading process of my browser due to the connection type or the traffic. I am pleased by 100 Mbps connection I have here :)
After several times streaming the videos, I concluded it was probably because
of the network traffic, many people streaming at the same time when I was watching.

However, the videos are quite educative. When are you going to make them
downloadable? I need to show some of them to my family who lives in an area with bad internet connections (I will download and write on CDs).

Some time ago, I received a PM from a member. But there was something that I couldn't manage to reply the message right away. Now I can't find the message on my page. Is there any possibility I grab it back?

Jazakumullah khair.

Wassalaam,

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

InshaAllah we are in process of making downloads available.

This website is made for sharing information about Islam to everyone. And we put the users first. Therefore we have started implementing free downloads.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/local_links.php

InshaAllah will try my best to get more downloads put up.

I hope we can keep this website alive and feasible. inshaAllah

Wasalam..

Ameer.

(PM have been disabled for the time-being, because some members complained about inappropriate usage. It will be back up, but will be monitored from time to time to investigate any bad users. I.e. guys trying to chat to girls etc)