two quizzes..so important

hager

salam o likum
i have two quizzes
1-is listening to music,while exercise...i mean..gym..?u listen to it,just in ex
cuz,u need rythm..steps..

2- i read in the press,that muslim man..cut his wife hand..cuz,she dance"belly dance",in his brother 's weddings
Am muslim man...have the right to cut his wife hand,leg?
am he have the right to do that?

i'm sure..that he doesn't have any right..to cut any part of her body..?
alright?guys?

i apperciate the man..he get jealous..when his wife dance in public,people watch her..
but,he shouldn't cut her hand ,alright??
and his wife,also..commit a mistake..how come she dance in public?
specailly,this's kind of dancing
cuz,belly dance..make mens feel exiciting..?
both of them..make mistakes..alright?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
salam o likum
i have two quizzes
1-is listening to music,while exercise...i mean..gym..?u listen to it,just in ex
cuz,u need rythm..steps..

2- i read in the press,that muslim man..cut his wife hand..cuz,she dance"belly dance",in his brother 's weddings
Am muslim man...have the right to cut his wife hand,leg?
am he have the right to do that?

i'm sure..that he doesn't have any right..to cut any part of her body..?
alright?guys?

i apperciate the man..he get jealous..when his wife dance in public,people watch her..
but,he shouldn't cut her hand ,alright??
and his wife,also..commit a mistake..how come she dance in public?
specailly,this's kind of dancing
cuz,belly dance..make mens feel exiciting..?
both of them..make mistakes..alright?

Cutting the hand is of course , wrong. Husbands cannot beat their wife till she bleeds, even worse cutting your wife hands....AstaghfirAllah

Listening to music with string instrument is haram or at least musbooh( which means it is better not to do it ). If the gym has music in the background , you can use headphones or whatever to block out the noise...

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Akhee just want to add to what Brother Kathiri said...

The media always puts the religion of a person in spotlight when the preson commiting crime is Muslim...but when those are commited by others they don't mention that...

Their hypocrisy has become so cliche that I'm tired of repeating same
things a zillion times...

Still doing it zillion + 1'th time.

Below are statistics from this Forum about Abuse In America:

* 4 million American women experience a serious assault by a partner during an average 12-month period. 1

On the average, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends every day.2

92% of women say that reducing domestic violence and sexual assault should be at the top of any formal efforts taken on behalf of women today.3

1 out of 3 women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime.4

1 in 5 female high school students reports being physically and/or sexually abused by a dating partner. Abused girls are significantly more likely to get involved in other risky behaviors. They are 4 to 6 times more likely to get pregnant and 8 to 9 times more likely to have tried to commit suicide.4

1 in 3 teens report knowing a friend or peer who has been hit, punched, slapped, choked or physically hurt by his/her partner.5

Women of all races are equally vulnerable to violence by an intimate partner.6

37% of all women who sought care in hospital emergency rooms for violence–related injuries were injured by a current or former spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend.7

Some estimates say almost 1 million incidents of violence occur against a current or former spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend per year. 8

For 30% of women who experience abuse, the first incident occurs during pregnancy.9

As many as 324,000 women each year experience intimate partner violence during their pregnancy. 10

Violence against women costs companies $72.8 million annually due to lost productivity.11

74% of employed battered women were harassed by their partner while they were at work.12

Ninety-four percent of the offenders in murder-suicides were male.13

Seventy-four percent of all murder-suicides involved an intimate partner(spouse, common-law spouse, ex-spouse, or boyfriend/girlfriend). Of these, 96 percent were females killed by their intimate partners.13

Most murder-suicides with three or more victims involved a "family annihilator" -- a subcategory of intimate partner murder-suicide.Family annihilators are murderers who kill not only their wives/girlfriends and children, but often other family members as well,before killing themselves.13

Seventy-five percent of murder-suicides occurred in the home.13

1. Issues and Dilemmas in Family Violence: Report of the American Psychological Association Presidential Task Force on Violence and the Family . Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1996.

2. Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime Data Brief, Intimate Partner Violence, 1993-2001, February 2003.

3. Progress & Perils: New Agenda for Women, Center for the Advancement of Women. June 2003.

4. Silverman, Jay G., Raj, Anita, and Clements, Karen. “Dating Violence Against Adolescent Girls and Associated Substance Use, Unhealthy Weight Control, Sexual Risk Behavior, Pregnancy, and Suicidality.” Pediatrics, August 2004.

5. Teenage Research Unlimited. Findings from study commissioned by Liz Claiborne Inc. to investigate the level of and attitudes towards dating abuse among American teenagers aged 13 to 18 [online] 2005 Feb [cited 2006 Mar 20]. Available from: URL: http://www.loveisnotabuse.com/statis...seandteens.htm

6. US. Department of Justice, Violence-Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments, August 1997.

7. US Department of Justice.

8. The Commonwealth Fund, Health Concerns Across a Woman’s Lifespan: 1998 Survey of Women’s Health, May 1999.

9. Helton et al 1987.

10. Gazmararian JA, Petersen R, Spitz AM, Goodwin MM, Saltzman LE, Marks JS. “Violence and reproductive health; current knowledge and future research directions.” Maternal and Child Health Journal 2000; 4(2):79-84.

11. Costs of Intimate Partner Violence Against Women in the United States. 2003. Center for disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Atlanta, GA/

12. Family Violence Prevention Fund. 1998. The Workplace Guide for Employer, Unions, and Advocates, San Francisco, CA.

13. Violence Policy Center (VPC), American Roulette: Murder-Suicide in the United States, April 2006.