UK syllabus

Muslimboy2222

:salam2:

Well in a few months time i'll be finishing my secondary education & i am thinking of taking a gap year after that. During this time i would like to prepare myself thoroughly so that im ready for my university education. Inshallah i am planning to study medicine in the uk, so i was wondering if any of you brothers & sisters would be kind enough to tell the syllabus for the following subjects (at A-levels,AS-level even O-level) chemistry, biology & maths. Pls also include the names of the books you are using in your current syllabus & also any book that you guys will recommend ,plus any good sites that are good for the preparation of UKCAT & BMAT etc.

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Well in a few months time i'll be finishing my secondary education & i am thinking of taking a gap year after that. During this time i would like to prepare myself thoroughly so that im ready for my university education. Inshallah i am planning to study medicine in the uk, so i was wondering if any of you brothers & sisters would be kind enough to tell the syllabus for the following subjects (at A-levels,AS-level even O-level) chemistry, biology & maths. Pls also include the names of the books you are using in your current syllabus & also any book that you guys will recommend ,plus any good sites that are good for the preparation of UKCAT & BMAT etc.

:wasalam:

So you're taking a year out prior to studying A levels in the UK then inshaAllaah apply for medicine here - thats what I understood by your post.

- A Level syllabus depends on your college actually, it depends on what exam board your chosen college is attached to.

Look up the following examboards:

1. AQA
  2. Edexcel
  3. Edexcel Nuffield
  4. OCR
  5. WJEC - thats in Wales not England though.

So if you go to their sites and look under their syllabus section you can download the ones for chemistry biology and maths, books titles also depend on the syllabus.

I didnt do the BMAT so I dont know much about it. UKCAT is logical reasoning, some say its impossible to prepare for it because its like an IQ test, but still, no harm in trying this book here

Also see UKCAT site for more info.

Wasalam

Muslimboy2222

Asalam ALeikum

Srry for mis-informing you, what i meant to say was that, i wanted to take a year off before starting my university education & during this year i wanted to review the uk syllabus at the different levels for the following subjects chem,bio & math (calculus). So put it in the other words im comparing the uk syllabus to the norwegian syllabus, so that when i start university education in the uk i am fully prepared. In addition to this the above subjects aren't taught in english here, so that's y i must learn them in english & be familiar with them. I knw that everything is practically the same, but i feel like i am missing out on something if i don't fully review the uk syllabus, which would be kinda awkward since i am planning to study medicine there inshallah.

So that's y i need to look at the syllabus for each level ( AS-level,A,-level etc). Also would you include a list of the books that you are using now.

Srry for mis-informing you

Waliekum Salam