Unlike Malala Yousafzai, Nabila Rehman did not receive a welcoming greeting in Washington DC

Abu Juwairiya

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...-201311193857549913.html#.VDqkBUAF37E.twitter

Malala was someone who was almost killed, but given attention, western world praise and deemed to be a heroine, Nabila saw her grandmother killed before her eyes and her home destroyed, but ignored when she arrived in Washington for answers. The difference was Malala's alleged would be murderers were the Taliban, Nabila's family was forever destroyed by American forces.

Abu Juwairiya

I recently saw Malala appear next to Salman Rushdie and Taslima Nasreen, at a public gathering. Both Salman Rushdie and Taslima Nasreen apostated from Islam and speak about how it should be 'reformed' like Christianity. Malala spoke at the same platform and said those two should be heard under freedom of speech.

Even if Malala is Muslim, (especially as she begins all her speeches with the Basmalla), Allah says, 'do not take my enemies and your enemies as friends'.

Her biography, for those who haver read it, says more about Sufism, Pushtun culture, Non Muslim Indian independence leaders, western ideas and values and 'freedom' than it does about Islam. While she does include passages that mention 'Allah', it is miniscule compared to her beliefs in female emancipation and love of western concepts of liberty.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I am wondering how many times there is a situation that people, specially leaders, silence someone, who tries to speak against their political agendas or demand some kind of social or political reforms as saying "no for freedom of speech" or claiming that this person is an apostate (it is easy way to muzzle someone).

Just my wondering.

Abu Juwairiya

I am wondering how many times there is a situation that people, specially leaders, silence someone, who tries to speak against their political agendas or demand some kind of social or political reforms as saying "no for freedom of speech" or claiming that this person is an apostate (it is easy way to muzzle someone).

Just my wondering.

As far as groups are concerned, the following have appealed for assistance and political representation from Western nations and global conglomerate institutions, but continue to be rebuffed-

The Rohingiya Muslims of Myanmar
The Cham Muslims of Cambodia
The Muslims of Aceh in Indonesia
The Indigenous Indians of Brazil and Chile
The Chiapas of Mexico
The Aborigines of Australia
The Maoris of New Zealand
The Palestinians
The Naga in India

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
By my wondering I was thinking basicly the social and political situations inside of some countries like in Pakistan but of course leaders want to silent many groups and people world wide. Ways to silent demands for juctice and human rights are various.

Abu Juwairiya

By my wondering I was thinking basicly the social and political situations inside of some countries like in Pakistan but of course leaders want to silent many groups and people world wide. Ways to silent demands for juctice and human rights are various.

In some ways, it is also about political influence, the power of the lobby, interest groups, corporate domination and the patriarchal 'old boy network' that seeks to promote the status quo and quash smaller voices.

Pakistan and countries like it have little time for what I would call 'organised resistance groups' in the form of outreach organisations, pressure groups, registered charities and relief/welfare agencies that represent the poorest and most oppressed sections of the community. While the concept of a 'hearing' from the oppressed to an executive administration is present as a concept and right, it is virtually void there.

In the economic sphere, the landlord classes (organised and stabilised by the British Empire) are one such segment that exists to this day as an old order independent of governments which functions as facilitating its own interests over that of the majority and rural masses.

They oppose financial adjustments that will result in alleviating poverty, while major private enterprises by wealthier independent investors and successful native entrepreneurs oppose non monopolisation of industries due to reductions in profits. The consequences are rising prices, food shortages for those with small incomes, a proliferation of disease because of an inability to protect themselves and the curtailment of state welfare for the poorest populations.

In a social context, this means little or no representation in a private civil society, a heavily dominated male order against female participation and involvement in law, politics, religion, economics and further/higher education. Minority communities (different religions and ethnic minorities) are particularly side lined while those of the same religion are promised greater rights, but no pragmatic solutions and actual assistance.

At its extreme, the military assumes the major role in dealing with difficult groups. This can lead to insurgencies and in some case revolutions.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Thanks for your information. I need to think more about kind of matters for understanding systems and situations in other countries and regions better.

Abu Juwairiya

Thanks for your information. I need to think more about kind of matters for understanding systems and situations in other countries and regions better.

Sister Herb, allow me to assist you partially in your aim for a greater understanding of other countries and their situations. I enclose a few e-books which speak about societies in developing world nations and also mention 'protests', 'repression' and 'people power'. You will find some useful information in different parts of each book. While there are many other areas the books do not covert, it will cover some aspects of social existence in those countries.

Attachments

• Resisting Dictatorship, Repression and Protest in Southeast Asia By Vince Boudreau.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Political Culture in Panama Democracy after Invasion By Orlando J Pérez.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Blood and Religion The Unmasking of the Jewish and Democratic State By Jonathan Cook.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Blurred-Vision-Life-Inside-the-Sand-Castle [13 Years of Life in Saudi Arabia].pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Gender, Islam and Democracy in Indonesia By Kathryn Robinson.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0