urgent

aseel

assalamu alaykum,

At the momment i have a lot of lessons at uinivercity and i can not come home to pray i want to know can i pray in a corner (a clean one !) where their is nobody? My friends say i can not, but i feel i must it`s important. In the vids of new converts(great vids!!) i saw women praying in the supermarket hall ! Is it allowed? if yes should i wear a full veil to pray on theses occasions? if no, what sould i do ?

OH and annother problem : i live in france i want to wear niqab i feel it to be the right thing for me (men look alot) but is it ok in such a country? am i doing wrong if i wear it because so few women do ?

very confused convert:girl3: :confused:

ansari

STRANGER...
assalamu alaykum,

At the momment i have a lot of lessons at uinivercity and i can not come home to pray i want to know can i pray in a corner (a clean one !) where their is nobody? My friends say i can not, but i feel i must it`s important. In the vids of new converts(great vids!!) i saw women praying in the supermarket hall ! Is it allowed? if yes should i wear a full veil to pray on theses occasions? if no, what sould i do ?

OH and annother problem : i live in france i want to wear niqab i feel it to be the right thing for me (men look alot) but is it ok in such a country? am i doing wrong if i wear it because so few women do ?

very confused convert:girl3: :confused:

:wasalam: sister

i read your words and i dont want to simply go without posting any reply. i would to tell that yea u can pray where there is nobody and yea its better if u wear full veil.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

You can pray outside or in any clean place, if it is time to pray and you worry you will miss your prayer you can do that. You guess to the best of your ability where the Qiblah (Ka'bah in Makkah) is and you face that direction. And pray.. Although, perhaps it is better you find a room or place not so busy to do it.

A place where I have had to pray like that a lot is at airports.. And you will find many Muslim brothers and sisters who pray in public space.

As for the niqab, face covering. If you want to wear it, then you should. Although, it is not obligatory.

This my mum praying at an airport lol..

attachment.php

Wasalam.

Attachments

• mama.jpg
    mama.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 113

aseel

thanks brother

thanks brother! quick reply but it made me feel better!

So i can pray at Uni but do you meen it`s better is i pull a veil over my face or that it`s ok to wear a niqab in france?

What if some people walk past?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
thanks brother! quick reply but it made me feel better!

So i can pray at Uni but do you meen it`s better is i pull a veil over my face or that it`s ok to wear a niqab in france?

What if some people walk past?

Assalamu Alaykum,

In terms of Safety, then you will know better depending where you live. If you fear for your safety, then perhaps you should not. It is your choice..

When you pray, your face must not be covered. Wasalam.

Tahar

I think you can pray anywhere. Allah can see everywhere, so the entire world is a mosque. You can carry with you your own prayer-rug, find a clean and quite space, dress modestly and do your prayer.

As to your second question, you would be only exercising your personal right to dress as you like. So, it isn't wrong or an infringement or anybody else's rights to dress modestly.

And Allah knows best.

aishamohamud

:salam2: my Allah make it easy for u i myself find it difficult to look for somewhere quite to pray in college inshallah it will work out
I think you can pray anywhere. Allah is everywhere, so the entire world is a mosque. You can carry with you your own prayer-rug, find a clean and quite space, dress modestly and do your prayer.

As to your second question, you would be only exercising your personal right to dress as you like. So, it isn't wrong or an infringement or anybody else's rights to dress modestly.

And Allah knows best.
do you think Allah is everywhere:astag: Allah is in his arshi and he sees everywhere

aseel

just to be sure

You guys are sooo much help! but just to be sure sould I cover my face if i am affaid men will pass by ?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
There is no specific dress that is required for the Muslim woman to pray in. Rather the ruling has to do with covering, so if she is covered properly, then her prayer is valid. The cover must be ample and cover all the body, and it must be loose so that it does not show the shape of the body.

As for the face, the Sunnah is to uncover it during prayer, so long as no non-mahram men are present. When a woman prays, she must cover all her body except her face and hands, if she is in her own house or among her mahrams. But if she is in a place where non mahrams could see her, she must cover all of her body including the face and hands.

As Brother Mabsoot mentioned, if there is a safety issue with you covering your face, don`t cover it. You are the judge of that.

According to the majority of scholars, the feet must be covered; some scholars allow uncovering the feet but the majority say the opposite. Abu Dawud reported from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she was asked about a woman who prayed in a khimaar and qamees (dress or gown). She said, "There is nothing wrong with it if the dir’ (chemise) covers her feet." In any case, it is better to cover the feet, to be on the safe side. As far as the hands are concerned, there is more leeway: there is nothing wrong with either covering them or uncovering them, although some scholars think that it is better to cover them.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

there is no question of covering or uncovering feet if the women is wearing socks, so its better she just keeps socks on feet and not bother about cover/uncover of feet. But the lower part of garment should be covering enough part of ankles when you go to Sajdah (Prostration).

Secondly, it is much more preferable to be covering from the eyes of the Men around. If there are no stranger men around then it is perferable to uncover the face.

The face can not be uncovered in front of stranger men just because you are offering prayer.

If you feel that if you cover your face then you will get some serious security threat then you can keep face uncovered. But if you just get little strange looks of people upon your Niqab, then better keep Niqab for the sake of Allah. So you better know how is the environment there.

If you are forced to uncover the face then better not do any makeup on the face and keep it simple and keep it serious, do not smile or laugh in front of strangers.

Prayer can be offered at any clean place. You can have a thin piece of cloth in your bag and can lay it in any corner and offer prayer.

May Allah bless you for your modest motives.

Wassalaam,
VE

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatollahi wbarakatuh,

May Allah help you dear sister. You are a good example for our muslim sisters.

Wassalmoealikoem warahamatullahi wabrakatuh

almouchie

SALAM SIS
as many said, u can pray anywhere, there is not restrictions , as long as its a clean place
in pray however you should not cover your face, just the regular veil
as for niqab its a personal choice for you, its not obligatory