USA - What does it hold for so many young people?

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Bismillahi rahmanir raheem
As salam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu brothers and sisters
I just felt curious in asking the question. As far as I have seen there are a lot of people whose only desire in life is to get to USA.

I have met a lot of people from all over the world. Subhan Allah I learn something new about them, from them. Things which I didnt care to realise about them, and things which I never knew about them. At times I got wrong information from people about another group of people but only meeting the latter group I got to know the reality.

Anyway whatever is the case. As far as I have seen most young generation people want to go to USA with the sense of building a career, having fancier way of living. While there are some who want to get into Research institutes as some of the best in the world are located in US. THere might be a lot of reasons coz it totally upon the individual. Some are serious in having the best way of lifestyle and becoming rich and their only destination is USA.

But very few are there to whom it doesnt matter where they are living. Their only ambition is to continue worshipping Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

A brother in one of the threads commented
to be honest i don't know what fascination people hold for USA which makes them do all kinds of crazy stuffs to come here or become here.

well I dont think we should generalise all the people who come or go to USA. We do not know what is in their minds.

I need your views,your opinions. Dont worry you can be a critic,you might leave a harsh comment.Everything is welcome in this thread. The only thing is please do not go off-topic.

walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
your dearest brother

Love my islam

:salam2: brother

I live in Canada but I have visisted America many times. The standard of living is same. I am Pakistani by birth and everytime I have gone there I have heard people complained about Bush and America. But if they were to given a visa to enter that country they will drop everthing and leave Pakistan. And its not just U.S. its any foreign country especially western countries. I feel the main reason behind this is corruption in our own muslim countries. People feel they will be better off somewhere else they think it will be safer. Allah knows best.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

I guess USA was never one of the place i dream to migrate or die for,,,,i rather be in the Middleeast preferably Mecca,Saudi Arabia or anywhere in Saudi Arabia even if i have to work as a servant,,, but tooo late now tooo old to be employable might be a liability instead of an asset :SMILY23::SMILY23:
:wasalam: :hijabi:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalaamu Alaykum
I was born in the U.S. and I live there. The education is great (colleges, universities, etc. for different subjects such as business, medical, etc.) and so are MOST of the people. Just don't go to the "Bible Belt" or else you'll get preached about Christianity day and night (Evangical Christians live in the "Bible Belt").

I found nothing wrong with this country until George W. Bush came into office. Completely ignoring his foreign policy, he has turned this country into a police state such as spying by the government without a warrant (a violation of all our rights). The Bill of Rights has been violated by the Bush Adminstration so much that the only Right you still have is the Right to not house soldiers.

The United States is a great country, and maybe it will be once again after a couple of Presidencies (it'll take some time to repair the damage Bush has done).

I would suggest that people come here for a non-Islamic education and then quickly leave here and don't come back until January of 2009 (the month when Bush leaves office for good due to the two term limit).