Very Sad...

noor_al_islam

I came across these disturbing photos on another forum and I couldn't believe it. I'm shocked and saddened by how low this ummah has become.

O Allah have mercy on this ummah. I supplicate you to not take the actions of the few fools among us as the actions of all of us.

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
No problem allowing non-muslim into the masjid area but I'm totally against allowing them into the prayer hall...what nonsense is this. Why allowing someone who had mocked Islam and Prohet Muhammad (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) openly? He is unclean to enter the prayer hall.

noor_al_islam

No problem allowing non-muslim into the masjid area but I'm totally against allowing them into the prayer hall...what nonsense is this. Why allowing someone who had mocked Islam and Prohet Muhammad (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) openly? He is unclean to enter the prayer hall.

Brother, take a closer look at the photos. He entered the Masjid wearing his shoes. In my opinion, this is unacceptable.
Wearing his shoes is what I'm talking about.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Brother, take a closer look at the photos. He entered the Masjid wearing his shoes. In my opinion, this is unacceptable.
Wearing his shoes is what I'm talking about.

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I wonder what a relationship they want to make with this person. A big cross is entering a house of Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) on the chest of this person? Are we going to tolerate this?

As per shoes, now most of the mosques are with Carpet and we Muslims are not supposed to enter with shoes. But are we allowing this person to enter there with his shoes?

Then people will say he is walking on another piece of carpet. I wonder whether we are allowed to make such a big arrangement just to make him enter the house of Allah.

Ya Allah! We have none but you. We have none but you. We have none to help us but you.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

tash_y

salaam alaikum, just to quick notes- firstly you are allowed to wear shoes in the masjid as we are also allowed to pray with shoe on. We normally dont wear shoe into the masjid as it is carpeted and we need the area to be clean.

Secondly the Prophet (saw) did offer the masjid to christains to pray in when he (saw) was visited by them.

I hope the answars your questions
Jazallah Karein

noor_al_islam

salaam alaikum, just to quick notes- firstly you are allowed to wear shoes in the masjid as we are also allowed to pray with shoe on. We normally dont wear shoe into the masjid as it is carpeted and we need the area to be clean.

Secondly the Prophet (saw) did offer the masjid to christains to pray in when he (saw) was visited by them.

I hope the answars your questions
Jazallah Karein

Wa alikum al salam,

We are allowed to wear shoes in the masjid only if it is not furnished (carpeted). But this does not seem to be the case here.

But if it is carpeted, NO ONE is allowed to enter it with shoes on.

What is more disturbing, is the fact that this guy knows better not to wear his shoes in a mosque. If this guy truly had some respect, he would have taking them off. But he chooses to wear them to keep the mocking of Islam alive.

Is it acceptable to pray wearing shoes?

Praise be to Allaah.

One of the conditions which must be met before starting to pray is to make sure that one's body and clothes and the place in which the Muslim is going to pray are all clean and free of impurities. It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he used to pray wearing his shoes. Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked, “Did the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) pray wearing shoes?” He said, “Yes.” (al-Bukhaari, 386; Muslim, 555). This is to be understood as meaning, so long as there is no impurity on the shoes; if there is any impurity on them then it is not permissible to pray in them. If a person forgets and prays wearing shoes when there is some impurity on them, then he has to take them off when he finds out or remembers. This is because of the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri who said: “While the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was leading his companions in prayer, he took off his shoes and placed them to his left. When the people saw that, they took off their shoes too. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished his prayer, he asked, ‘What made you take off your shoes?’ They said, ‘We saw you take off your shoes, so we took ours off too.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Jibreel (peace be upon him) came to me and told me that there was something dirty on them.’ When any one of you comes to the mosque, let him look and if he sees anything dirty on his shoes, let him wipe them and then pray in them.” (Abu Dawood, 650; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 605).

One of the reasons why the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed wearing shoes is to be found in the hadeeth, “Be different from the Jews, who do not pray in their shoes or in their leather slippers (khufoof).” (Abu Dawood, 652; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 607). That is regarded as mustahabb for the purpose of differing from non-Muslims, as stated above.

This has to do with the kind of shoes and with the mosque at that time. However if the mosque is furnished with carpeting, then the mosque should be kept clean of shoes, and no one should enter wearing shoes lest the place be made dirty. (Fataawa Samaahat al-Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Humayd, p. 81). Moreover the furnishings of the mosque are a waqf which should not be damaged or destroyed, and if dirt gets onto the carpets it will offend those who pray and prostrate on them. Hence no one should enter wearing shoes and walk on the carpets in the mosque in shoes, lest he damage them or make them dirty.

The one who is keen to follow this Sunnah can apply it when praying at home, or when praying in places where there are no furnishings or carpets, such as parks, beaches and out of doors, etc. If this action confuses some of those who are unaware of the Sunnah, he should explain to them that it is Sunnah before he does it, so that they will not find that odd. We ask Allaah to make us among those who adhere to the Sunnah and strive to follow it until He joins us with the author of the Sunnah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) close to the Lord of the Worlds. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

By Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Muslimz

Allahisenough4me
It is right that inviting a pope into the prayer Hall is wrong but it may be right in one sense.if the pope realizes the truthfulness of the Quraan, haram and their miracles may be his views on these would change and inturn it would bring a good result. May be the attempt is for good in the wrong manner. But, In my opinion its wrong to enter into the mosque with shoes as both of them in the picture have travelly by the same route (seems) but only the who so ever arab is there removed his shoes.

q8penpals

Salam

It looks like MOST of the people in the picture have shoes or sandals on - even one guy who has surgical booties on over his shoes.

:salam2: This is in a true sense ass kissing i know it is wrong to say this word. But when muslim dont respect themselves and there religion what can they expect from other people.Lets not blame the pope he is not a muslim. What is this crazy sheikh doing with his shoes on. He should have been the first to remove his shoes. I am sure the pope would have taken his shoes off and if he would have refused they should have not allowed him in. We keep saying the west the west how they disrepect us. Buddy if we dont respect ourself how do you expect others to respect you. SHAME ON ALL THE MUSLIM LEADERS AND PEOPLE.

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum

I know the pics are disturbing at first view. But I guess we have to forsake matters like this to focus on what is more im portant, such as the akidah of OUR OWN muslims. Sometimes we are too wrapped up in other things which are of lesser importance,

Allaaahu a'lam

I am sorry it has disturbed you so, sis thread poster. :(

Sanaa01

Muslima
:salam2: This is in a true sense ass kissing i know it is wrong to say this word. But when muslim dont respect themselves and there religion what can they expect from other people.Lets not blame the pope he is not a muslim. What is this crazy sheikh doing with his shoes on. He should have been the first to remove his shoes. I am sure the pope would have taken his shoes off and if he would have refused they should have not allowed him in. We keep saying the west the west how they disrepect us. Buddy if we dont respect ourself how do you expect others to respect you. SHAME ON ALL THE MUSLIM LEADERS AND PEOPLE.

:salam2:

I agree with you
This Muslims in the picture know better than the pope I am sure if they have taken their shoes off the pope will do the same out of respect

I don’t blame him but I blame the people with him they should have shown a good example on how to respect the place where Muslim worship Allah

Lahawla wala kuwata ila billah alaliy al aDim

Skywalker

As-salamo'alaikum

I agree with sister Sanaa. But there is something beyond shoes that needs our attention. In this Global scenario there is need to have a dialogue between the Christians and Muslims.

I see it at as a good step in improving the relations.

P.S. - I am in no way approving his past actions nor do I approve the issue regarding the shoes. But we need to have a broader perspective, that is my concern.

i highly doubt this can improve relations, the pope is powerless when it comes to political decisions such as america invading iraq.

this is called separation of the church and state. its highly unlikely somebody will change their political stance just because a powerless figurehead says so.

besides roman catholicism, christianity has other branches like protestants who do not answer to the pope. what about them?

did anyone hear his 2006 anti-muslim speech? what's next? invite netanyahu so that we can have peace with the israeli zionists too?

Skywalker

As-salamo'alaikum

Do you really think that this ongoing problem is political? Please realise, this is a burning SOCIAL problem.

What is the problem in having dialogues? If innocent lives could be saved.

noor_al_islam

Brothers and sisters, that is why I said "O Allah have mercy on this ummah. I supplicate you to not take the actions of the few fools among us as the actions of all of us." in my first post.
But the pope doesn't need someone to tell him to take it his shoes off. These people know exactly what needs to be done. But they choose to do it anyway.

Its amazing that many muslims really do believe that these people are sincere and all about peace. This is the same guy that showed the world his true colors back in 2006.

For You Info:

The Pope Benedict XVI Islam controversy arose from a lecture delivered on 12 September 2006 by Pope Benedict XVI at the University of Regensburg in Germany. The pope had previously served as professor of theology at the university, and his lecture was entitled "Faith, Reason and the University — Memories and Reflections". The lecture received much condemnation and praise from political and religious authorities. Many Islamic politicians and religious leaders registered their protest against what they said was an insulting mischaracterization of Islam, contained in the quotation by the pope of the following passage:
" Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached. "

We, the muslims, seem to always forget this ayah:

وَلَن تَرۡضَىٰ عَنكَ ٱلۡيَہُودُ وَلَا ٱلنَّصَـٰرَىٰ حَتَّىٰ تَتَّبِعَ مِلَّتَہُمۡ*!ۗ قُلۡ إِنَّ هُدَى ٱللَّهِ هُوَ ٱلۡهُدَىٰ*!ۗ وَلَٮِٕنِ ٱتَّبَعۡتَ أَهۡوَآءَهُم بَعۡدَ ٱلَّذِى جَآءَكَ مِنَ ٱلۡعِلۡمِ*!ۙ مَا لَكَ مِنَ ٱللَّهِ مِن وَلِىٍّ۬ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ (١٢٠)
And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting friend nor helper. (120) -Al-Baqarah البقرة

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicum

The first which I have notice is that they all are in the shoes and not only pope.But I think the reason why pope has his shoes on because he saw that others are enteriling in the shoes like this Shaikh too.So it is not the great fault of this pope Alahdmulillah.
I think this was very good way of making relationship of Muslims and Christians Mashallah.
Regarding that the pope is weaering the cross,Alhadmulillah he has right on that.It is his religion and only waht we can do is to respect it,Inshallah.
May Allah guide us all

:wasalam: