Very Suspicious Goings On.

Inquirer

Assalamu alaikum.

I wanted to post here to relate some rather weird goings on with my inbox, and I wonder if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Earlier I had a message to my inbox, a new member or someone masquerading as such, that had '0' posts to 'her' name, sent a PM asking me to contact them at a certain e-mail address.

I sent a PM back asking why this person was messaging me.

Later, while talking on MSN I noticed that a message had come into my e-mail, via my TTI inbox, and this was the same person again, reiterating that I send a message to this particular e-mail address.

What is weird about this, is that although this e-mail came via my TTI inbox, when I clicked to be taken to TTI, there were no longer any PM's from this person, when there quite clearly had been a PM from earlier on, which I had opened and read while on TTI, and there should have been another one, which I was alerted to via e-mail while using MSN. However, my inbox is empty of PM's from this person, when there should be two of them, and I certainly haven't deleted any.

It would seem that whoever it is, intends to make it so that I cannot return a response via my PM facility on TTI but only via my e-mail to a particular address that I have been sent.

Obviously, I am not going to do this, as I find this to be very suspicious behaviour, and I wonder how my inbox is being messed around with, in that two posts to my inbox on TTI are not there, and I haven't deleted them. It is also strange that this person, upon sending the initial message to my inbox, had '0' posts next to the username, despite the fact that this person had sent at least one message to my inbox.

I don't know how stupid this person thinks I am, but I certainly won't be sending anything to the e-mail provided.

Has anyone had anything similar or is anyone else being targeted by this very strange poster?

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum bro

Just stop worrying, nothing is grave in chaa' Allah

It's most propably that this user was deleted from the fourm by the time you were receiving his second message. When a user is deleted, the PM he sent are deleted as well. May be he was just a spammer, and mods came to know it, and so. Regarding the zero posts, it refers to the public posts on the forum, so nothing strange in having it at the zero level. You did right not to have sent to that email address, this's really suspicious.

Well, that's up to my knowledge, may be some of the mods'd have something to add, but that's just to leave you un-worried :)

salam

Inquirer

Assalamu alaikum bro,

Thanks for the response.

It was just weird. I can get pretty paranoid too. Hah.

When a user is deleted, the PM he sent are deleted as well

Okay, that makes sense now, I didn't know about that and couldn't work out what might be going on.

You did right not to have sent to that email address, this's really suspicious.

Well, the e-mail itself was strange the way it was typed out, with spaces so that a direct link could not be provided.

The messages I received are here:

Assalam Alaikum Warahmat Allah Wabarakatoh,

May the peace and the blessings of the almighty Allah(swt) continue to be with you and i pray that this message of mine finds you in the best state of health and imman,

My Dear it gives me great joy of heart to get in contact with you via this medium, please do accept my contact as your fellow islamic sister,i have a personal problem which i would love to share with you.please Do reply me on my personal email address(aaais000 at yahoo dot com)

wassalam,
your sister,
*!*!*!*!*!*!.

I PM'ed to ask why I was being posted and got this response:

salam my dear brother Allah(swt) has a reason for everything that happens to us here on earth.

write back to me on my personal email at aaais000 at yahoo dot com

wassalam your sister.

*!*!*!*!*!*!

Weird.

AAminAA

Amatullah
:salam2:

I got some PM from person something like Marie ? Talking about invetments of some money bla bla bla , and i should replay to some e-mail address, but i didn't responde since i learned that , that person have "0" posts . It was suspicious to me so i leave , didn't do nothing. You should be carefull, it could be some virus or so. Not here, but if someone sends e-mail there where that person asked and MSN address, there is probably virus who shuts down your sistem. I have many friends experianced that. So watch out. If you don't know that person, or you see that he is not active here on forum, don't replay.

AAminAA

Amatullah
I went to copy the PM and post it here but guess what ? It's not there anymore ! Really weird ....

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I got something a while back, but I just ignored it. I pay no attention to those types of personal messages!

Boomerang

What i'd like to know, is how someone with no posts, can send a pm......I know I cant send a pm, as i havent posted enough yet......very strange.....I hope a Moderator can help you here. Inshallah

samiha

---------
Staff member

As far as PM restrictions, TurnToIslam does not have any such thing based on the number of posts. Any user can send a Private Message, it's just they dont have access to the user profile until a certain number of posts are achieved.

Regarding users - our rule here on TTI is that people should not PM you asking for personal information in such a manner, especially the opposite gender for purposes which are unclear or are directed to bad things - such as marriage requests etc.

For these Users - if you send a PM to a Moderator or Admin they should respond to this person on themselves, there's no need to reply to them. Usually after looking into their posts, and on certain people, thier Private Messages, if they dont do this all the time, they may be just given a warning the first time, however if this was their sole aim and they are scammer type people they are banned and deleted the first time.

We want to keep the site clean of people whose intentions are not to gain knowledge and go towards the good, insha'Allah. Therefore this measure is taken. When a person is deleted - as stated above, not only do their posts dissappear, so do their PMs.

This is regardless of whether it was already sent or not. So if you receive such a PM - Inform a Mod - and if it dissappears you'll know why.

Quite simple really insha'Allah.

Also beware of giving out personal information to such people, and do not reply to emails such as these.

wasalam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
hahah.. yeah i reported her to brother mabsoot
so he deleted all her message and banned ;)HAHAH :D
spam!!!!

wassalam alikom,

Boomerang

As far as PM restrictions, TurnToIslam does not have any such thing based on the number of posts. Any user can send a Private Message, it's just they dont have access to the user profile until a certain number of posts are achieved.

salam Samiha,

I just worked out how I can send pm's, so that was my mistake. I just cant click on a persons name and pm them from that, it seems.
Its nice to know that the forum tries to keep the spammers out.

Peace of God be with you.
Kylie

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

PEople should be extra extra careful when dealing with PMs or any stranger! --

We do our best to get rid of Spam and bad people from the website, alhamdulillh.

The reason the person's PMs disappeared, is because I have them removed. It is necessary so that any member who reads them might get fooled into acceting.

This person is professional spam person. They make their living from fooling people, and they target Muslims.

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
7 millions dollars: Aladdin's treasure? hee hee

Assalaam aleilk'um

a certain "sister" wrote to me in my pm and i gave her one of my emails.

At this email she has wrote telling to be a widow, and she had cancer, then wanted give me 7M $ deposited to a certain "insurance company".

I'm not a fool, then i writed her as i was trusting her, sayng "please not give me this weight, because im a faithful and i want gain my money with work: this sum will be a weight not a bless for me"

I payed her trick with my intelligence.

Now a little story for all:

there was a Sultan that wanted find a new administrator for his treasure, because the old died, then some people presented for the work.
The Sultan showed them the treasure chamber, and let they observe for some minutes, then called the musicians and told to them "Now, dance, please"

All mens danced badly, as they was overwreight, save one, that danced hastily and free: then the Sultan called this man, and said: "You will become my new administrator, the other will have beheaded"

This because all the mens taken some money from the treasure chamber, hidden in the dresses, and only the honest man hasn't take any money, and then he danced freely without any other weight.

:D

Salaam

Assad