visiting my brothers and sisters in islam in america

junioraries

assalamualaikum,

I am a muslim but im not an american. I study in america for about 4 years in mechanical engineering, at Vanderbilt University, nashville, tennessee.

We are here, in vanderbilt, always have some conflicts with the speechers or panels that were invited from outside to talk about the islam, but not the good side of islam. This cause people here not to really understand what islam is.

Currently, an atheist, named Ayan Hirsi Ali, has given a talk about Islam and The West. She told the people that Islam leads to facism and violence, no protection against women and not supporting democracy. We, the muslims community here, are were not comfortable with what she said about us and about Islam.

All we need is someone that can give a talk here to help people, especially in Nashville, to better understand Islam, the way it is.

We before, the muslim organization, invited the famous british journalist that has been converted to Islam few years ago named Yvonne Ridley to give a talk. Lots of people attend the talk, mostly are Christian Americans. It is a good thing to promote islam, and we, even deliver a free copy of Quran to all that attend.

We hope that muslims out there would ready for da'wa and can give a good talk to the americans about Islam.

If you interesteed in giving a speech here at Vanderbilt, just contact me at:

no personal information on the forum

wassalam

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
wa alaikoom assalam brother

masha'Allah. I hope Allah (glorified He may be) bless your efforts. The struggle between belief and disbelief is eternal. Allah (glorifed He may be) has chosen you to be one of the fronts.

Hirsi Ali is wheeled out whenever someone needs to attack Islam. I guess the biggest discredit to her, is the fact that she was made a member of the dutch parliament. How do we know she says what she does from conviction ?

This is from wikipedia about her:

Criticism of Hirsi Ali
On NPR's "Talk of the Nation" with Neil Conan, Ali said: "For empirical evidence on whether women and/or the Islamic world is in a crisis, I would like to refer Tony [a caller to the show] to the Arab Human Development report ... in which the writers of that report say the Arab/Islamic world is retarded when it comes to ... three factors: The freedom of the individual, knowledge, and the subjugation of women".[79]. Based on the above comment, she has been criticised for making inaccurate judgements and sweeping generalizations about Islam and Muslims[80] as the Arab Human Development Report speaks only of the Arab world and not of the Islamic world.

Hirsi was accused of hypocrisy and fraud[81] because she herself obtained permission to immigrate under false pretences[82] while warning against "mass immigration" in public[83].[citation needed]

In its critic of Ali's autobiography, The Economist called her a "chameleon of a woman", referring to her talent for reinvention and opportunism.[84]