Visiting the Dead Sea

Ayyub

:salam2:
:bismillah:

There shouldn't be anything wrong with visiting the dead sea.

Allah (swt) says:

Surah Rum Vers 9:
Do they not travel in the land, and see what was the end of those before them? They were superior to them in strength, and they tilled the earth and populated it in greater numbers than these (pagans) have done, and there came to them their Messengers with clear proofs. Surely, Allah wronged them not, but they used to wrong themselves.

Allah (swt) even commands his slaves to travel through the lands, so that the mumin could see what the end was of the ones before them that opposed Allah(swt).

But it could be wrong t go there to make a picnic. Cause places like these are not meant to have a nice time there.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

This was actually mentioned in a book I've been reading, how the Dead Sea is a part of God's punishment to the people of Loot (alayhis salaam).

In that same book, in another incident, a hadith is mentioned saying something like "Do not enter the places of people on whom Allah's punishment fell without being in a state of crying. And if you are unable to cry, then don't enter."

Please let me know if I should post the exact detailed wording of the hadith later on...

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

There are 2 opinions as for going to dead sea for swimming and picnic. Some scholars say to avoid that place saying it the place where the punishment of Allah came and some say its okay to go there since its not been proven by Qur'aan or hadith.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

If it should be avoided, then what Palestinians can do when Dead Sea is part of they country anyway (even if now under occupation)? Or Jordanians on the other coast of it.

moortooza

visiting dead sea

ass.w.w.as far as friday is concern .it's better to concentrate more and more on the remembrance of our rabb.how strange it is that muslim decide to go for outing on this sacred day.Well if it has been already decided then take care not to spare the salaat of jumaa.