Wade

Wade

I am new to Islam. I chose the Islam way of worshipping a few weeks now. I love the beliefs that Islam has and I am working hard at the prayers but find learning Arabc very hard but I am not going to give up. Guess it takes a while when you have been raised as a christian.

icadams

Al-Ḥamdu Lillāh brother, it is always wonderful to hear when someone has woken up and chosen to embrace this great deen of ours. Brother, let me suggest that you don't rush to learn Arabic, just memorize what you can of the salat for now and do the best you can from day to day. Welcome to TTI, you have made a great choice by joining the community here, there are many people here who will love to help you with this new path that you are on.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Alhamdulillah. Welcome brother, welcome to Islam, you have made the most important decision of your (after)life.

You will find almost everyone will have kind advice for you, but it might all be different, like oh, you must go for Hajj, you must memorise this part of Qur'an, you must ... It is very usual for new muslims to feel overwhelmed. Take your time and do what you can. Learning your prayers is the most important thing for you right now, don't be too concerned if it seems to take a few months.

Any other things you can do that are easy, such as avoiding alcohol and pork will benefit you, in shaa Allah.

And read, read, read. Welcome also to TurnToIslam. Feel free to dig around, ask any questions you don't find answers to.

Salaam Alaikum

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaika warahmarullaah, brother Wade.

Congratulations on your reversion, I truly am happy for you, Maashaa'Allaah! =) May Allaah keep us firm in our faith in these times of fitan...

I think any language is generally hard to learn for non-natives and the Arabic language is so captivating but yet, pretty hard to learn...I've had many, many years of practice and still am not able to speak it. So don't worry, it takes time but the more you practice, the easier it gets.

Also :SMILY206: to the site. Yes, do read as much as you can...you'll find so many useful information on here. And don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any inshaa'Allaah.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
I am new to Islam. I chose the Islam way of worshipping a few weeks now. I love the beliefs that Islam has and I am working hard at the prayers but find learning Arabc very hard but I am not going to give up. Guess it takes a while when you have been raised as a christian.

:salam:
Allahu Akbar!
Masha'allah
Alhamdulillah!

Welcome back to islam
and welcome to TTI
we are so happy and glad that you
choose to join this awesome website~Alhamdulillah!
My brother,
true that it takes sometime yet many have done it,
Alhamdulillah!
so be very very so very patient brother.

In addition,
you can also watch videos over youtube on how to do prayer and watch
and listen or download some apps into your personal device to memorize and learn the surah from the holy Qur'an.
please take your time brother,
Allah swt knows best your condition,
you should make it finally ~Amin!

Link--->http://www.turntoislam.com/forums/quran-mp3-downloads-and-links.44/
Link--->http://www.turntoislam.com/forums/prayer-and-supplication-salah-wa-dua.20/page-4
Link--->http://www.turntoislam.com/forums/the-quran.16/
New chinese converts learn al Fatiha

Boy Converted to Islam

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Congratulations brother Wade ! and our best wishes and greetings of peace (salaam) and that even though we are thousands of miles away, we are praying you will stand firm in your faith and gain a proper understanding of islam religion. and you already have brothers in faith who share your joy at having entered Islam. This is the relationship of believers with one another, like a structure parts of which support other parts.We ask Allaah to make you steadfast until death.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is he who was dead (without Faith by ignorance and disbelief) and We gave him life (by knowledge and Faith) and set for him a light (of Belief) whereby he can walk amongst, like him who is in the darkness (of disbelief, polytheism and hypocrisy) from which he can never come out?…” [al-An’aam 6:122]

“And whomsoever Allaah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky…” [al-An’aam 6:125]

First of all, we would remind you that in this world man passes through great tests and trials, which require him to be patient and steadfast, and to stand firm until death.

“O man! Verily, you are returning towards your Lord with your deeds and actions (good or bad), a sure returning, and you will meet (the results of your deeds which you did)”
[al-Inshiqaaq 84:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

One of the trials with which Allaah tests His slaves is the enjoining of obligations and duties such as prayer, fasting, zakaah (poor due), Hajj (pilgrimage) and other acts of worship, and the things that He forbids them to do such as lying, cheating, adultery, homosexuality and all other forbidden things, so as to see the sincere believer who obeys the commands of Allaah, so that He may admit him to Paradise, and the liar and hypocrite who does not obey Allaah, so that He may send him to Hell.

Try to do your best to learn what Allaah commands, and do it, and what He forbids, and avoid it. There are many commands, and many prohibitions, and it is impossible to list them or explain them all in one place. But we refer you to what is mentioned in this site of ours of questions that deal with the teachings of Islam, so you can look at it and read what it says, and may Allaah benefit you thereby.

With regard to learn Arabic, you do not have to learn the whole language, rather just what you need for religious purposes. The fact that you do not know Arabic does not justify your not praying, because you can learn what you need for prayer in a short period of time, and until you learn it you should still continue to pray regularly on time, and pray according to what you are able to do. “Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope” [al-Baqarah 2:286].

I wish you check this link out : A-Z to Perform wudu and Prayer

Finally we advise you to look for an Islamic Centre in your city, and to keep company with Muslims who practice their religion. Do not forget to read trustworthy websites, and try to benefit from them as much as you can. And feel free to ask us any questions

<wasalam>