Wanting to cure my ignorance

Bottlecap

Hello everyone, like most Americans I know VERY little about Islam, (Muslimism?), but I do not believe all that I read that or see on TV. I am Christian, but I know that all Gods are 1. I've seen The Messenger, and am trying to find what the Muslim faith is. If someone could send me some websites or books that I could read that would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Hi Bottlecap,

You`ve come to the right place!

This website is rich in information about ISLAM. Take your time in browsing around.

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Hello everyone, like most Americans I know VERY little about Islam, (Muslimism?), but I do not believe all that I read that or see on TV. I am Christian, but I know that all Gods are 1. I've seen The Messenger, and am trying to find what the Muslim faith is. If someone could send me some websites or books that I could read that would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much

Alhamdulillah that you are not among those who were overcame by prejudices of men and inshaallah that this site will benefit you in understanding more about Islam. I believe that there are particular section in this site that will answer some (if not most) of your questions. But if you can't find one, please feel free to post your questions here. Bro. Masboot and the rest of the guys might help you here. The Messenger? Is that a movie about the life of Prophet Muhammad SWS, starring Anthony Quinn (as Hamzah)?

But again, we're glad that you've find you're way here.

5:69. Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Thanks so much

:salam2:
Becareful of the internet there is a lot of misinformation out there. As for books, the Quran is where you will get 100% accurate information, also "no god but God" by Reza Aslan is a really wonderful book.:wasalam:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Welcome there!
We are very happy to have you here and you wanting to understand more about Islam rather than what the media says about it.

Here's a website, where they have downloadable books, as well as basic question and answer about Islam: http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=0&chapter=1#whereGod

As one of our member here have said, do read the Quran. Here's the link to an online Quran: www.quranexplorer.com

If you do have questions, please feel free to ask. Myself as well as the members here will try our best to help you out.

Also, please go through the articles and videos our members here have posted.

Take care. :)

khadeejaq8

Welcome! Thank You for asking about our religion :) There are many books about Islam I hope You find a good one. Try to tune your tv into these channels. You can really lern alot from them :)

nadirah19

Hello, Peace be upon you and welcome to the site. Hope it is helpful and feel free to ask any questions regarding Islam. Insha Allah (God Willing), He will help you and guide you in your journey to seek the truth.Take care.

Hello Bottlecap,

Welcome to the global community. Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI rewarding and resourceful. I appreciate your open heart to Islam. Please feel to browse around and watch the videos. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." (2:255)

We certainly look forward to hearing from you

:SMILY206:

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Welcome to TTI!! If you want answers to questions this is a great place to find them. I am not swayed by the negative stories we see on the television or stories we read in papers and magazines which would have us believe the worst of Islam. What I have found here on TTI is a world full of loving and gentle Muslim people, who are simply living their beliefs each day. They do not push their beliefs on anyone. Yet, they bring light and understanding to those who are willing to receive it.

It is good that you are here, Masha'Allah. I have not yet taken shahada, so I am like you, I am still in the learning stages. I have found answers to most every question I have had somewhere here on TTI. I hope you will find it as helpful as I have.

However, if you have a question that you are having trouble finding an answer to, just post it in the forum and Insha'allah, I'm sure someone will be able to answer it.

halah

Thanks so much

Hi Bottlecap

Welcome to this wonderful site,TTI is really an informative site.

Also you can chick this link;

http://www.sultan.org/

Bluegazer

amir_al_shahid

Hi I have been christian to before until i converted a few years ago, I lived in much ignorance abt islam and muslims before, but allhamdulillah i found out what this beautyful religion is abt.
And remember its difference btw muslims and islam,
Islam is perfect but now muslim here is even we try our best:)

And be careful abt who u take the knowledge from.

Naji Ali

Good For You!

As a fellow American, I appreciate your honesty and clear-sightedness to seek the truth rather than listen to those who only wish to speak ill of Islam. I would also recommend; Reza Aslan's "No God, But God." and any writings by a good friend of mine Hatem Bazian who teaches Islamic Studies at Cal Berkeley. Who knows, in'shallah (God willing) you may revert to Islam, but if not, I still respect your desire to learn more.

Salamat!

Naji:)

Bottlecap

Okay, the term "shocked" comes to mind when I think about how widely open you all open your arms to me. Thank you so much. I have been reading all the information you gave me. Including the links on the Holy Qur'an. which I have been reading. I have decided that I am not going to let myself experience the negativity that the main stream media puts out.

I will continue to be here though I will ask all questions that I do come across. Thanks again

Bottle cap