: Was Islam spread by sword and imposed?:

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

The question I am pasting on the forum isn't new and has been ceaselessly answered by Muslims. But I am yet to find a conducive reply which would help me to close the tongue of those bombarding me with this particular question.
Please provide distinct and exhaustive reply/replies.

The question reads "Was Islam spread by sword and imposed"?

The reply by Dr.Naik for above question is already disseminating,I hope for a more concrete reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

mahaseeb

Walikumsalam Brother;

Just ask a question to your self brother that was islam forced on you by means of any sword or gun or was it imposed on you(if you think i am a bit rude in asking this question then im sorry).Its all about common sence and reasoning one should have and think over the subject using what i have mentioned before.
Brother i make you 1 thing clear.There are three things which can never come or achived by force.
1)Peace (Peace never comes by force or else cannot be imposed.It comes by one self)
2)Trust(You can never force any one to trust you by sword or any thing else.May be for time beings the person may say i trust you with the tounge.But we all know that trust comes from heart of the human and its a kind of feeling which is very strong and once a person trusts then he or she can bank anything like life,money,family.. you name it.)

and the last one is a very beautiful thing
3)Love(A person cannot force someone to love him or her.Its very difficult.It comes from a inner voice of soul or from a heart which say this beautiful word love for something.I dont know words to pen down here and descroibe love)

So my brother if we see all these three things we can come to a point that this all feeling or deciscions are related to heart.
So now we come top the topic ISLAM which is the blend of all these three things which makes a human .And all these are interelated.So,brother if islam was forced by sword or imposed then it wouldn't have come so far till now like 1400 years.Brother its not a joke 1400..
This is what i think and makes me feel proud of islam and being a muslim.(Alhamdulilla)
Brother this is what i can reply for your post .I will be waiting for more brothers and sisters comments on this...
Jazakallah hu khair
Asalamualikum
Abdul Haseeb

tariq353

Wa alaikum as salam: Abdullah Bhai

Lets try to the test this myth with the help of Mathematics(wrt our country).

LHS
By the term spread with sword, it means sword was used to convert, in other words there were only 2 options either to accept the faith or say bye bye n die.
As per this theorem of Sword….
-->Those who accepted lived.
-->Those who rejected were killed.
-->Remaining population=100% Muslims. (Even if we show some leniency at least they should be in majority)

RHS
-->Census of India 2001 states 81% Hindus 14% Muslims.

LHS =/= RHS

Hence Mathematically this theory is proved to be wrong……….

How come non muslims are in majority even after 1000 years of muslim rule ???

Which muslim emperor did even a single job for spreading islam india???
No one … unfortunately those who actually spread Islam in Indian subcontinent non muslims go to their grave n worship them and accusing others(Muslim rulers who did nothing more than building palaces n buildings..excpt 1-2 ruler) of spreading Islam by sword.

SO BROTHER THE POSITION IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR..... but still people argue ...Allah has described these kind of people as

Quran2:171.
The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who
shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries [i.e., cattle or
sheep] – deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand.

wa salam
:)

World Peace

Islam is Light
Salam aleacom warahmato Allah wabarakato brother Abdullah

I hope you find the following links useful.

Was Islam Spread by the Sword?
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/677/

The Tolerance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) towards Other Religions
[URL="http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/207/viewall/"]http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/207/viewall/[/URL]

Let There Be No Compulsion in Religion
[URL="http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/661/"]http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/661/[/URL]

The Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/374/viewall/

"Islam's answer to the racial problem" by a German Deplomat
http://teachislam.com/dmdocuments/Muhammad_Aman_Hobohm_Islams_Answer_to_Racial_Probl em.pdf

Wasalam aleacom

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum

I think one of the most easy and clear response is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NnHLP_sZM

wa-llahu a'lam

to them, when people raise question and raise finger over this issue, a simple answer:
if Alexander "the great" and napoleon, these "heroes", why they are hero? how they conquer the half or parts of the world?
offering lollipops?!! or they had to fight?

so why when it comes to the spreading of khilafa, not Islam, why there is a problem and sometimes we even feel confusion, where we shouldn't be

and Allah knows the best

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

" If a rubber is subjected to a pressure (force) it will deform (change in shape) but only until the pressure persists. As soon as the pressure is withdrawn the rubber will regain its original state''.

First I want to clear that the question I posed isn't my confusion,as brother Hasseb rightly said,for the concerned question,I myself is a clarification that Deen of Allah didn't spread by sword. Absolutely correct brother.

The problem is that while talking to Non-Muslim friends on Islam,this question springs up frequently,for the reason that history of India about Islamic rule has been highly twisted and turned by historians.

My friends are well aware for my discontent to parental faith. Further they are well acquainted for my inclination towards Islam. But I am not in a position to expose them my new identity. Hence I can never narrate them that I myself is an example in their vicinity to their forged question.

The way people revert to Islam miraculously is itself the answer to above forged question.

Thanks Hasseb Bhai aur Taiq bhai for your beautiful and logical responses. My utmost thanks to Br.Abu Talib and Sis. World Peace for providing external links to above question.

I will need to reconstruct a massive response to the forged question accumulating extracts from all responses that gather on forum.

May Allah bless all my Br's and Sis's for taking pains to post responses.

Regards.

arzafar

simple answer is yes, especially during the first 100 years. However, it was shariah that was imposed and no islam as religion. non muslims who gave up arms didnt have to convert to islam. They did have to pay a tax to be able to live freely under shariah rule.

sachin4islam

simple answer is yes, especially during the first 100 years. However, it was shariah that was imposed and no islam as religion. non muslims who gave up arms didnt have to convert to islam. They did have to pay a tax to be able to live freely under shariah rule.

Assalam Alaikum:

Very short and sweet answer. This reads very sensible. May Allah bless you.

Regards.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Walaikum Salam brother Abdullah

And may Allah grant you with abundance of mercy and forgiveness dear brother ayman1 for sharing your wisdom and knowledge with us and clarifying facts.

I have to remind some brothers/sisters that be careful about what you write regarding sensitive issues. When you state your opinions, make it known that it is your opinion and not a historical fact. Some brothers express their opinions which even they themselves dont realize are influenced by something they read on some hostile media.

Perhaps it is better to stay silent and let those with the concerte knowledge and understanding give the answer.

tariq353

Assalam Alaikum:

The problem is that while talking to Non-Muslim friends on Islam,this question springs up frequently,for the reason that history of India about Islamic rule has been highly twisted and turned by historians.

Wa alaikum as salam,

Indeed bhai......historians on our side have done bad n biased job best example is previous govt who tried to change the text of History curriculum n tried to fill it with its own ideology..... i m attaching one article kindly go thru..insha'allah will help u.

Wa salam
:SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:

Attachments

• The Muslim Rule in India.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 28

arzafar

Assalam Alaikum:

Very short and sweet answer. This reads very sensible. May Allah bless you.

Regards.

there were other means too. as pointed out by another poster. Indonesia for eg. wasnt conquered by sword

however, muslims did fight a lot in the cause of Islam. They defeated the Byzantines towards the west and the north and the Persians towards the east. At that time muslims were peoper muslims and they had commanders like Ali ra, Abu ubaidah ra, Khalid bin Walid ra and others. now we have pussycats like Mush.

here is a brief overview of how Islam spread by sword, blood and sweat.

to the west (of arabia)
Makkah, yemen, egypt and the holy lands all came to the muslims via the sword.

in the north
there was Constantinople and later Spain (Andalusia) and basically Europe was at the mercy of mamluks of Ottoman before they began fighting amongst themselves for power. Actually there is a famous hadith where the Prophet Muhammad (saw) praised the commander and army that conquers Constantinople. Therefore, every muslim caliph dearly wanted to be the one to capture turkey.

in the east
muslims conquered persia (present iran & Afghanistan) and later India (sindh) and much later ghauris and gahzanvis from Afghanistan attacked India. Then later came the mughals.

At that time Muslims armies used to regularly defeat roman and Persian armies which were much bigger in size and were far better equipped. Contrary to popular belief, most of the battles were offensive campaigns and the idea was to spread the message of islam far and wide. Alhamdullilah the early muslims kept their duty to Allah (swt) and today my country and i are muslim even though most of us have never been to Arabia!

Admittedly some of the later battles in the name of islam were not for islam. Instead the ruler had vested interest in it. However, it would a huge injustice to deprive the great mujaheddin and martyrs of their noble efforts by saying that islam wasnt spread by sword.

Details can be found any good history books.
proof of fighting to spread islam can be found in numerous hadiths and verses of the quraan. every muhaddith had dedicated a section for chapter for jihad, rules of fighting etc.

here are a couple of useful links

long
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/43087

short
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/5441

Perseveranze

^It's important you mention who started these wars and how Muslims fought to defend their own faith, not to forcibly spread it on to others.

I'm talking about the proper Muslims, there was a point when corrupt Muslims (later in the centuries, much after the time of Khalid bin Waleed(ra)) who did it by force.

If you think otherwise then you may have a deep misunderstanding.

lakibird

Assalau Alaikom....

To me if asked this question by non-muslim my answer is NO but if muslim its yes. Why, 'coz i want them to like Islam. So it depends on what your personality really is...and how you make your dawah to non-muslim.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Submission to Allah can never be coerced. Slow down folks and think. We can not play with faith. If we accept Islam it is our decision to Believe. Now, you can hold a gun to my head ( sorry, I'm American ) but that will not make me give up what I Believe.

We can not deceive the All-Seeer. He is Absolute.

Thus, the test has been the passage of time. All who submitted to Allah did so with Belief...and the last time I looked up there was more panic...Oh My God...more Muslims..by choice

Islam is peace...now fighting evil is another subject.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

wow
i wonder where is the character in a dawah in which one misrepresnts facts.
please remember a muslim does not lie at all.
u cannot lie someone to islam but you can lie yourself out of islam.
May Allah control what comes out from our tongues.

secondly.

was islam spread by sword?
is it today being spread by sword.

islam came to free humanity.
and sometimes you have to fight for that.

but islam spread because of its goodness and is spreading even today.
May Allah give us the sense to see what is beneficial for us.and not get confused